1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Democracy is clear. International treaty are clear. Fair trials are clear and being able to elect your own representatives are also clear.
    Not being subjected to face recognition state surveillance is also crystal clear.

I support Hong Kong.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

*edited* .. nvm

#603 TechieOne, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  4. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

I want to share with y'all a letter written by retired judge Henry Litton
    Henry Litton QC was the Judge of the highest Court in Hong Kong. He retired in 2015.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...otesters-want-protect-freedoms-work-defending

Actually Beijing did propose a electoral reform in 2014. It is sad that the pan-democracy camp rejected it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Hong_Kong_electoral_reform

#604 leeallen, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    elmotsang, minis9 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Defy9

Defy9 Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-China-amid-Beijings-row-NBA-Hong-Kong.html

This Chinese guy got arrested just because he supported what DM said. His parents were fired.
    Should a person be arrested/punished just because he has a different opinion? I don't think so.

This is just a matter of defending your own freedom.
    If they actually fired DM, they are choosing money instead of standing up for our human rights and dignity.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here is the entirety of Popovich's comments, offered before the Spurs faced Miami in a preseason game Tuesday night:

"I guess I can go at it this way. Adam is a very progressive leader. We all remember how he handled the situation with the former owner of the Clippers. It made everybody proud because it was the right thing to do. A couple of years ago, I was walking the streets in New York City during the gay pride parade. I turned around and here comes a float, and Adam is standing on a float with a big sign in support of LGBTQ. And I felt great again, just like I did with the Clipper deal.

"He came out strongly for freedom of speech (today). I felt great again. He's been a heck of a leader in that respect and very courageous. Then you compare it to what we've had to live through the past three years, it's a big difference. A big gap there, leadership-wise and courage-wise. It wasn't easy for him to say. He said that in an environment fraught with possible economic peril. But he sided with the principles that we all hold dearly, or most of us did until the last three years. I'm thrilled with what he said. The courage and leadership displayed is off the charts by comparison.

"We've all talked about or heard about all the talking heads have and everybody for the last three years, 'What kind of country do you want to be? Who are we? Where do we want to go?' Adam said something that helps you understand what direction you need to go in, rather than the cowardice of not being able to respond to something of the murder of Mr. (Jamal) Khashoggi. There are many, many incidents like that where leadership and courage mean nothing. It's all about personal aggrandizement. I was thrilled."

Popovich ended his comments with this: "Anybody got anything about the game or anything like that?"

On Tuesday, Antetokounmpo was asked about the current situation between the NBA and China and offered his thoughts.

“I feel like in the NBA they always allow us to express our feelings," Antetokounmpo said. "Players come out, GMs come out and express their feelings. At the end of the day, the NBA wants to have a great relationship with China and with the fans.

"I know this situation, they’re going to solve it in a way. But what can you do? Like, I feel like the NBA gives you a great platform to express your feelings and say what you believe and what you think about situations in the world. But I know that they’re going to find a way to solve this situation. It was just a misunderstanding.”

Patience, joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No, China made a very clear promise in HK's constitution Basic Law to grant HK people universal suffrage.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If people in the Mainland march on the street to protest against the government for democracy, the CCP should listen to people and grant their request. According to multiple pro-CCP posters here, the Chinese people genuinely love dictatorship and love everything CCP does, so why are you scared?

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why is he not banned yet @Clutch?
    Maybe you missed the reports.

Nook likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Free speech you wanted.

12. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

in 1989 they did it , at Beijing "tian an men square ",and killed by the army .

13. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

irony chinese people called “people 's daily” as “fvck people daily”
    日人民报

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

and HK chief executive candidate must decided by Beijing .not decided by Hongkong people

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are pure garbage to threaten another human being's life because you are unable to hold your end of a dialog.

Disgusting.

Nook, don grahamleone, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Look at that poster I replied!!

He threatened me with Chinese first! He is pure garbage!
    Oh forget you know damn nothing about Chinese language!! This is why you should shut the ****ing up!

17. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

really? show me.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should calm down, and I wouldn’t expect the overwhelming majority of members here to be able to read or speak Chinese in any of its dialects, nor should they be expected to, in my opinion. There are some exceptions among our 44,000 members, but while they are relatively rare, they are very welcome.

19. Rockets Puerto Rico Sauce

I really don't post much but dude, this is an American Forum, of an American basketball team in the US, why would the majority of people here understand Chinese? My first language is spanish and I'm not throwing a tantrum or calling other people stupid for not knowing spanish. Your comment is beyond stupid and ignorant, and btw you should really stop insulting people because apparently you can't hold a debate without getting carried away and letting things slip out of control. Keep it classy China.

oelman44, Nook, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  20. SunsRocketsfan

I can read Chinese but this is an American English message board so why don't you just do everyone a favor and leave.

Also it looks like you know "damn nothing about English language grammar! This is why you should shut the xxxxxxx up! And leave"