1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to make the Jump to Mike Trout

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Senator, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Trout would look good in a Stros uniform.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Can we throw in Ty Gainey, Teoscar Hernandez, Derek Fisher, Colin Moran and Brett Phillips?

I have to think that can get us a roided up Howard Johnson or maybe a Willie McGee.

3. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Soto reminds me of Carlos Gomez...stay away please

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Might be a risk but we should consider throwing in Kenny lofton

Nook likes this.
  5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Very disappointed in myself for clicking on this thread

Wulaw Horn, Fulgore, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  6. Elienator

Elienator Member

The silliness of this thread aside, it’s not Trout’s fault the rest of his team is terrible. I’m not really sure how you can say the best player in baseball is overrated.

7. AstrosRockets1818

I quit reading when I saw Beer. What a ****ing moron.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

These threads are just awesome.

awc713 likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should edit your post to make a viable trade recommendation since you included two players that are no longer with the Astros.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If I am LA, I want Springer & Correa, and even then I probably say no.

Add Alvarez and now you got my attention.

12. Senator

Senator Member

This isn't basketball... this is baseball. If you don't get that it's a 25 man roster where everyone needs to contribute

The weird thing is people are debating whether to retain Cole, even for his market value, of 7 years $220-250... so we can keep a bunch of mediocre guys who give the Stros lots of regular season power but fade away in the playoffs. The Astros have the assets to trade for Trout while still retaining a strong team around him.

You need GAME CHANGERS in the playoffs. Verlander... Cole.... Trout ....

13. Senator

Senator Member

They can sign Cole and still suck. It's not a team that's going to do any damage with the powerhouses in the AL anytime soon and Trout the loyal superstar can only be naive for so long. They've got issues behind the scenes and other than lucking into Shohei Ohtani have not done anything of note, nor have they been able to develop talent. Trout may not care about marketing gimmicks and big markets, but anyone that good cares about winning . Now is the time to get aggressive and make a move.

If the Angels want to get the Stros then I say no... but I would happily go

Springer Correa prospects

Correa Brantley Whitley Greinke

for a chance to get a guy like him in the lineup everyday. The team is hanging on to Alvarez and Bregman but other than that you take your chances... the Angels aren't winning anytime soon and they know it.

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Trout always gone fishing. Astros always shooting for the stars. Don’t need him, no way trading Jose.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

We also need to trade for Patrick Mahomes and potentially Zion Williamson.

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wow. I am pessimistic but sheesh. Why don’t you see how today goes before you trade Altuve, fire Hinch and flog Lunhow.

Frankly I think it is the Yankees year. 103 wins with all their injuries? Every bat in their lineup is peaking. We left our nut rolling down the wall of the regular season.

Our only path at this point in my opinion is we have to win all four of Verlander/cole games. But if we score precisely zero runs that ain’t happening.

Baseball is a funny sport. Lot of mental goes into it and our guys are pressing / nervous. Beltran blew as a DH but he lead the clubhouse in sanity and kept the crew grounded. We are missing that kind of leader right now.

If we are going to win today is a virtual must win. I have faith that Cole can win in New York. That would take back home field. Lose today then you need Cole and 1 of Greinke or Urquidy to win in New York. That ain’t happening unless we go apeshit with the bats. So far that doesn’t appear to be in the cards. 2 of our 6 against Tampa game 1 was due to a muffin head dropping the ball. 4 of our 6 in game 5 was due to glasnow tipping. Take away those 6 runs and we sucked offensively in 6 straight.

I want us to beat these New York Pork Whistles in the worst way. But it HAS to start today. Down 0-2 and we are cooked.

BHannes2BHonest and RustyHarden like this.
  17. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

This is about as bad a take as I have seen on baseball. Baseball isnt like basketball were you can merely take all the shots.

Putting up numbers on a bad team means he would out up better numbers on a team that gave him protection.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

This thread is stupid as ****.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nah I’m good with Watson

awc713 likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

DJ Reader pitched at Clemson, just sayin'