1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

538 has Rockets as title favorites

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Broford

Broford Member

Houstunna, D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But teh media...

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. Garner

Garner Member

Eric Gordon classified as less than “average starter” is very surprising to me.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Woj doesn't even have the Rockets on his list of title favorites though.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Hah. Westbrook borderline and Gordon meh

Lol

6. J-rizzle

J-rizzle Member

Damn! I was really hopeful for this season too. Isn’t that the site that had Hillary at 95% chance to win?

B-Bob, BasketMAD, PrinceH and 3 others like this.
  7. jcf

jcf Member

lebron borderline as well. Harden rates extremely well on this system obviously. Like it!

D-rock likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

i only care if silver and the refs think we are favorites.

git'r dunn mauri!

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's always weird to me how people use 538 as an example of fake polls when they are the place that gave the worst odds to Hilary among all the prediction sites and Nate Silver was the only prediction guy who warned that if the polls are off by slightly it could throw off a lot of states and that's exactly what happened in actuality

Will, Relativist and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's always weird to me that people side with the Chinese government blindly.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea it will be sweet once we show them and they have to eat their words.
    Just like the past years. Even though they never admit it just like Stephen A smith. They will surely eat their words when we win it all.

and it will all start when we get the 1 place or at least 2nd seed. Also the raptors and Worriers ;p will make the playoffs.

i mean the media goes all on Denver, Utah and Portland. Yet they forget that the jazz haven’t been able to beat us in the playoffs and that Portland got swept twice before last year. Oh and no one ever brings out that Denver wanted to avoid us in the second round at all cost.

Also one other thing, we were a mess because we had Melo and no one seemed to get along or played well. We were in 14 place and many people count us out. Harden carried us there with Clint hurt and cp3 hurt too. Cp3 didn’t have a good shooting season either. He couldn’t make those easy layups or floaters. We missed a lot of chances to win easy games or games We were up and lost last minute. We had chances to get to 2nd or even fight for 1 but we lost so many easy ones.
    We finished in 4 coz we lost the last game against omg and If it wasn’t because Russ put on a show and won that game for once we would have prob gone to the western conference finals against the warriors instead of the semis.

With all that said I just mean to say that the Rockets could have had a much better record with a slower CP3 and with very little chemistry between Harden and Chris. Since it seems rumors about them were true. So I expect that they will have a better record than last year for sure.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wtf are you sure you responded to the right post?

snowconeman22 and Jontro like this.
  13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

His defense has been quietly trash for years now.

Very similar to Klay Thompson in that he is a strong man defender and bad at all else defensively.

And a volume 3pt shooter. Both are overrated af.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You’re exactly right.

538 gave as close to real odds as anyone possible because the accounted for kurtosis. Media doesn’t account for wide tail events, amazingly enough. Then again, it’d be hard to convince Democrats that they can’t use normal distributions for everything, so I guess it makes sense.

Will likes this.
  15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

He was great in the playoffs and in previous seasons but man was he @ss most of last year. I say that with him being one of my favorites. When he's stroking it we're pretty unbeatable.

BasketMAD and BMoney like this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That’s pretty cool to have a place pick us and love JH. How accurate have they been in the past with favorites?

17. Garner

Garner Member

they picked Hilary to win.

J-rizzle likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

This means as much as woj so called opinion. I think ultimately it will come down to how this team performs. I believe we have the best scorer in basketball and then you have Russ the ultimate wrecking ball who can break a game open or lose you a game in a instant. My worry is Tucker’s age and can Eric go a season without one of those now infamous slumps. We can’t afford for those guys to play below their best given every team in the west outside of Phoenix is a playoffs contender

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol it means way more than Woj’s opinion, look at how their predictions turned out last year.

20. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

so did everyone else

D-rock and PrinceH like this.