1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You've shown your hand time and time again, I get it, you don't understand where these people are coming from. You aren't worth my energy on explaining on it, because you honestly don't care. Gripe all you want, but I'm out.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Pizza, why should there be only voice? Is that arrogance?

I am not simply saying Oh Beijing is right ... HK is horrible (I have been posting here for more than 15 years). I think I am a little bit more informed than a lof you here on this issue. Have you been to HK and/or China? What do you have to explain to me?

Don't argue with reasons with a predetermined conclusion already. That's arrogance to say the least. See it for yourself ... minus the ideological stuff for a second.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/letter...ts-have-been-hijacked-extremists-stop-wearing

#302 YallMean, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 and dlite316 like this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's civil disobedience, like going on strike

#304 Invisible Fan, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

6. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Blind CCP supporter like @YallMean always makes me laugh. What do you think about the May Fourth Movement?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Fourth_Movement#Shandong_Problem

They voiced their anger at the Allied betrayal of China, denounced the government's spineless inability to protect Chinese interests, and called for a boycott of Japanese products. Demonstrators insisted on the resignation of three Chinese officials they accused of being collaborators with the Japanese. After burning the residences of these officials and beating some of their servants, student protesters were arrested, jailed, and severely beaten.[8]

The next day, students in Beijing as a whole went on strike and in the larger cities across China, students, patriotic merchants, and workers joined protests. The demonstrators skillfully appealed to the newspapers and sent representatives to carry the word across the country. From early June, workers and businessmen in Shanghai also went on strike as the center of the movement shifted from Beijing to Shanghai. Chancellors from thirteen universities arranged for the release of student prisoners, and Cai Yuanpei, the principal of Peking University resigned in protest.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

The May 4th student movement? What does it have to do with anything?

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

It's unlucky that people can't go home. But if it needs to happen for things to change, it needs to happen.

And why don't you denounce the Fujian mobs in July?

9. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

If you think HK is violent, May 4th is more violent.

10. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

HK people learn from May 4th movement, and Mao Zedong

11. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

12. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Taxi_Driver

This movie talks about the Gwangju Incident. It is banned in mainland China. It has very high box office in Hong Kong. The bravery of South Korean inspired and touched many many HK people.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

While we are at irrelevant analogy, what about Jacobin and reign of terror. That came to my mind actually. Google it quick.

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

You know the answer in your heart. You know very well you are lying.

The CCP glorifies the protestors in May Fourth Incident, HK people can imitate their forefathers in May Fourth.

15. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

I also want to share 2 very famous sayings from Mao Zedong. Mao Zedong is very inspiring to HK people.

Wherever there is oppression, there is resistance. (那裡有壓迫,那裡就有反抗。)

If the enemy opposes, we must support it. If the enemy supports it, we must oppose it. (凡是敵人反對的,我們就要擁護,凡是敵人擁護的,我們就要反對。)

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

what the F does May 4 have to do with this? Jacobin was extreme left. Me, personally, always dubious about extreme left acting contrary to what they say they represent.

17. nemac

nemac Member

Morey doesn't approve of pointing lasers in granny's eyes. Keep trolling

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I won’t read it . I don’t trust what I read.

If you really want to know it, you need to experience it by yourself.

If you don’t live in China over 5 years, you know China no more than my dog.

If I only read USA media to know about James Harden instead of watching games by myself, I would think Harden is good just because of he is flopping all the time, actually it is not true.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

great you are associating with Mao now. :p

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good, you can start by ... taking your masks off first.

The South Koreans were bunch tough MFers. Cut off their fingers and throw them at the cops. Please no comparison there.

There was also a South Korea movie where a student leader came out of jail 20 years later finding himself out of place, no one listens to him any more and finally killed himself.

Life is complicated kid. No so much romance.