1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Is Not On Woj's Title Contender's List..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

facts.

but, fakers/j*zz/blazurrs are not better than this team w/ a healthy harden -- that is fuking joke analysis

malakas likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Woj's reason is because he is skeptical on the Harden/Westbrook pairing with specific regards to how the Rockets defense will hold up with them on the floor together.

The Rockets defense (and rebounding) will tell us how far they will go. Can they be a top 10 defense? Can they drastically improve their rebounding?

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this kind of thing. We've had one of the most polarizing players in basketball for years in Harden. Now we have two. There are a lot of people who don't believe in Russell Westbrook (including myself and many others here).

I'm just not surprised that there are people who doubt them. But let's hope it fuels this team and they prove all of the doubters wrong.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Stupid. A lot of these teams aren’t balanced. Typically teams in the past who have been legitimate contenders or champions have been balanced with all the pieces complimenting one another. Blazers added a couple good pieces but those main 2 stars are limited in taking their teams over the top. The jazz has the same issue with Mitchell and Conley. Sixers added some nice complimentary pieces but need a creator scorer next to embiid and Ben Simmons is not that guy. Bucks are the same team minus Brogdon but still really good. Lakers have no depth. Clippers are interesting but not sure if their pieces match up and not much depth. There really are 3 legitimate teams in my mind. Rockets, clippers, bucks.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Woj is a chinese puppet

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don’t see the Rockets as a championship contender either. I think they will win a bunch of games and depending on matchup, likely get knocked out in the second round. Our best chance was 2018 and we had a very good shot last season too.

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

Cause I'm gonna listen to a dude that sits by his phone all day long....... Smh...

We will see...
    But this much I know
    This Rockets team is good enough to win it all, our coach is the only hindrance. Hopefully our GM will remember his primary job and keep trying to improve the team.

Go Rockets!

8. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

If I'm not mistaken, that'd be the third straight year of Jazz getting hyped as "dark horse contenders" over the Rockets. Maybe it'll be a 3rd straight year we 4-1 them in the first round. One can hope.

topfive, rgw20014life and lionaire like this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Clippers would win if big 3 make only 36% of 3 pointers or has foul troubles.

Beverley guards Westbrook
    George guards Gordon
    Kawhi guards Harden

The only team that can beat Clippers are healthy GS because GS has better starters.
    Jordan Poole shoots better than Seth Curry, for first two games (small size).
    Spellman and Paschall look good too.

#69 BigBum, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  10. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Have you been watching the Texans since 2003? We have a damn right to have an inferiority complex we have been inferior since the inception.