1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets interested in IGGY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 1, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Crowder is expiring anyway and they have no intention of keeping him. We'd likely have to toss in a 2nd-rounder to make it happen. Or filler with more upside at the moment, like Clemons.

Hey, if Morey can focus the country's spotlight on the Chinese government's idiocy, then he can do anything. :D

Jontro likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Crowder would be nice...just not seeing why Memphis would do that, Hartenstein and Clark aren’t what I’d call assets...but yeah, Morey gotta do something

3. psman2

psman2 Member

I think Memphis can get two 2nds right now for Crowder, I very late single 2nd from Houston is likely is not even on their trade radar. Hart and Clark are likely not even worth a 2nd around the league at this point with neither showing enough yet. Plus Memphis's roster is already packed with players and their cuts are already going to be hard. For example Caboclo is on the roster bubble and I would rather have him than cut him for either Hart or Clark if I was Memphis.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, since Shump is no longer cooperating...not going to happen.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Shumpert is no longer co-operating with the Rockets. Not going to happen.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dude will probably get hurt this year anyway.

Jontro likes this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

not 'til he enters TheToyShop's home dressing room...

8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Iggy stupid for turning down 18 million but then again Memphis sucks as a future retirement home!

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

They would give up Josh Jackson for filler. As long as they throw in Bruno, I'm all for this trade.

fattz likes this.
  11. wesbound

wesbound Member

Why is everyone still on Iggy ****?
    The guy doesn't want to be here & everything kept tieing back to him wanting to be w/ one of the LA teams & rockets is not even on the list.
    F*ck this guy.

12. rockets13champs

If Iggy goes to Clippers.That defense gonna be too much for us. We would have to think of something to combat that like we did vs the warriors

you almost hope he picks LAL at this point. In the playoffs lebron would be on harden. So late in the series it would come down to iggys/ Bradley’s defense on Westbrook. Harden would do solid on Lebron but one late game situation I’d be scared.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

We’ve had some intense battles against iggy and the warriors. I don’t blame him for not wanting to join the rockets.

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I do kinda blame the league though for hating on our Nene contract structure. Our advantage was taking on the salary and him likely starting. In a level playing field the Lakers make the most sense IMO for him because of playing time for him.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I won't believe that he will leave much money on the table until I see it with my own eyes.
    Expecting to get bought out at this point, seems more like wishful thinking by LA fans.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i am unsmart. can someone explain nene's proposed contract and why silver vetoed it in simple terms?

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Well Morey certainly got his revenge for the league screwing him.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes he did. I’ve been thinking about it from that angle as well. Screw us on the Nene front we screw the league with this China stuff.

randerson and D-rock like this.
  19. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Iggy who?
    That name became irrelevant to me once we signed Sefolosha

And for all of you saying (The Clippers Defense is gonna shut down the Rockets)......
    You are crazy if you think the Clippers or Any team is gonna shut down the Rockets
    They might play them tough but shut them down?

NEVER.....

D-rock likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Oh, he's not turning down $18M. This is his last payday. Much of that payment is due up front in the season. He will wait until he has most of it and sacrifice very little to get a later buyout. In the meantime he will relax and train away from the grind. All of this is posturing. Like Portions for part of last year, he wants no part of them and they don't want him around either.