1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] All Harden Floaters, so far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 10, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

9-13 = 69.2%

Here's a Twitter version, if that's easier to share...albeit, lower quality.

#1 heypartner, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. smp

smp Member

Bring back the floater!

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That floater is such a good counter move until Draymond defends it dirty.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, I get this move. It’s like MJ’s jumper when he get older.

I think he is smart and kind of feel it the way like MJ as he is older now.

Nowadays you seldom see him when driving that he will use both hands to extend and hope his defenders to slap his hands to bait for the foul, you also will see his numbers of drives to the end to the hoop decreasing ( obviously will be a much higher % of shot but it could have more stamina used and high chance of ended up withdifferent kind of injuries because more than often his body could end up on the ground), this is kind of a semi drive and also it’s a good option to keep his defender to guess if he will pass also.

The only worry I have is floaters like this could be also a potential risk of more lower body injuries. If you will have players like Bruce Bowen or Pachulia defending you, that could be 8-10 games missing time there.

marky :) likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not going to lie after watching the first part of the video I thought it was going to be a troll hate montage.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i hope it wont left harden in the playoffs this year

harold bingo likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What differentiates his floater is that he can do it through contact or actually looks for contact. I've never seen anyone that can play through contact better than James Harden. I think that is what bothers people the most. Even Jordan couldn't do what Harden does.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks @heypartner

I approve of this add-on much more than I approve of the one legged step back 3.

He does tend to launch/land a little awkwardly though, and sometimes shot puts the ball moreso than floats it. But perhaps that's by design.

He looks like he's able to launch from either foot, and probably tries to land in such a way that limits injury risk.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It’s the final counter move. If he beats his man off the dribble and the center steps over, he goes to the mid range floater.

it’ll be his least efficient shot this season, but it’s meant to be the last option anyway, and before he didn’t have an effective move from that range.

He’s going to be unstoppable. Literally.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rafer Alston faints.

snowconeman22, JW86 and jcee15 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed, yet for some reason people think Harden wouldn’t dominate the 90s

Air Canada likes this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't even know if Dream would know what to do with him. Most people avoided Dream where as Harden would run straight into his chest. It's are do jump in the air when you have a 230 pound bowling ball running into you.

13. heypartner

I think that might have something to do with him having the same look for a alley-hoop pass. Like a change-up v fastball. You can't tell the difference.

I should post a series of his floater-passes.

glynch and Nook like this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

All I can picture is Andrew Bynum elbow checking JJ Barea when I see someone do a floater.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Was about to say this. It looks identical to his lob passes to Capela. It's a great addition to his repertoire that will keep the defenses guessing.

GotGame15 likes this.
  16. alethios

alethios Member

Unless you're Glasnow.

marky :) likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

I agree with this, that most of the floaters he shoots are with Capela rolling to the basket, so it looks like he's setting up for an oop. Really like this move.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This lacks the HP official seal of Keep the GARM about basketball, so I can't approve this unsanctioned crap. Sorry, shut it down.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice job, @heypartner. I agree with @Swapshop. I thought you were giving us the "worst of" earlier. ;-)

He's clearly been working on it. Like @marky :) posted, it will really keep defenses guessing whether he's going for the lob to Capela or Tyson (another good target, in my opinion), or to the floater.

James continues to add to his game. It's remarkable. The guy doesn't coast on what he knows.

20. heypartner

Regarding the misses, I wanted to show everything, so we can also get a sense of how the floater/oop threat should theoretically gives Capela rebounding position, when he's playing from the short-corner position.