1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It has nothing to do with internet mobs. The US isn’t China with millions of bots swarming the internet. There are a ton of living, breathing humans that are now anti-China, that weren’t before.

The Chinese government is in damage control, as it should be. They overextended their reach, and nearly awakened a slumbering bear that would instantly crush their imperialist ambitions.

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Eh, not really. Morey only had to apologize about making China upset. Nobody expects him to apologize for calling out China on their human rights issues, because nobody believes he was wrong for pointing them out.

smp and malakas like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think China might resign.

ak99999, smp and malakas like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Lol

5. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

He failed precisely in that one

6. JW86

JW86 Member

No he won’t, end thread.

D-rock likes this.
  7. MONON

MONON Member

Then we will be the "Houston Thunder".

daywalker02 and malakas like this.
  8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

You should of put [OPINION] so people like me won’t think this is a real report

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No he succeeded. Watch.

I’m sorry that you’re upset.

malakas likes this.
  10. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

failed

11. malakas

malakas Member

The CCP is already putting the tail between its legs.

D-rock and smp like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll say this again. I'm disappointed in Morey. Not because he made the tweet but because he didn't think through the consequences of it. His rapidly deleting it and apology of it clearly show to me this was made off-cuff.

As a matter of principle if Morey really does want to stand by HK then recognizing the position he has put his employer and that his employer doesn't really agree with his position he should resign. While Silver says he defends Morey's right to free speech that isn't the same as saying the organization agrees with that position and all of the apologies from Harden up to Silver show that Morey's views are not widely shared. As long as he stays in his current job he's muzzling himself to try to help his employers even as his actions cost them money. If he leaves though on his own terms he can stand on principle without the restraint of trying to protect the profits of the Rockets or the NBA.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I’m sorry that you think you deserve an apology. Also aren’t you worried about posting more? Your government is telling your journalists to chill out because people like you are damaging China’s image.

You should probably start posting. I don’t want you arrested, even though I don’t know you.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do work for a company. And I have seen that when the client crosses the line the company has in cases dropped the client versus compromising who it is.

The NBA is an American company not a Chinese one. And it should operate under American values not Chinese ones. And when a client behaves irrationally in response to innocuous activity of an employee, the company should stand behind the employee even if it costs the company money.

Values mean something believe it or not. If the NBA caves for short term money it may hurt it's long term brand.

If people are willing to dump the NBA based on a tweet from Morey let them go. I think they are just throwing a temper tantrum and will come back anyway.

D-rock, RudyTBag and malakas like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was mad at it first because it wasn’t smart, now I stopped thinking about it, no issue.

16. malakas

malakas Member

No you are wrong.

If Morey WANTS to hurt this employee and the NBA more he would resign now, not the other way around.

Resigning now, will escalate the situation very very much and will make the NBA competely alienate itself from it's no.1 target, the americans.

THAT is what it would hurt them the most.

BMoney, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

If the NBA and the Rockets were to take steps to appease China, Morey resigning alone will not do it after what Silver said about not apologizing. Silver will have to take back his words, otherwise, I imagine China will still see it as NBA leaving its door open for similar conflicts in the future. I feel Morey resigning will be met with huge backlash from American people and the US government, however, the lesser of two evils will be Silver saying the things China wants to hear to appease them. I still think at the end of the day, Rockets, for the unforeseeable future, will be banned from China's retail market and broadcast.

D-rock likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is the next guy after Silver?

19. alcatrazpsycho

Gilbert Gottfried
    [​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and daywalker02 like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No he won't resign. And he shouldn't. There is absolutely no reason to. Zero.

BMoney and D-rock like this.