1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Harden & Westbrook being silenced??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Oct 10, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

You HAVE to believe this girl was acting under direct orders from either Tad Brown or Tilman himself.

I wonder how Tilman is taking the rebuke from his minders at the league office?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

None at all. I'm saying the NBA hates Morey and the Rockets for getting them into this situation. Silver and the NBA may back the Morey and the Rockets publicly, but you just know they are thinking up ways to move the Rockets to Seattle.

3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

It's misleading for the fact that they left out the backlash received when Harden said "We love China".

Morey, standing for freedom and rooting for HK: spanked
    Harden, voicing his love for his Chinese fans: spanked
    Harden and Westbrook, silence because spanked x2: front page of CNN for being NBA lapdogs, and opponents of women's rights to speak and ask "pertinent" questions (optically of course)

No one will call out that CNN reporter for showing up late. Harden was asked yesterday and he responded. Just b/c CNN shows up a day late doesn't mean they get a free quote.

#63 RocketsFan247, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The whole damn team does, if you ask me. Starting from the top down.

topfive, Pringles and malakas like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you think Sherlock?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tracey is great! Been with the Rockets for quite awhile. VP of Media & Player Relations.
    She's the woman sitting at the scorers table next to the old couple.

Here she is from last night's game

[​IMG]

fwiw: Here's a picture of Tracey Hughes protecting Jeremy Lin from the Mandarin horde... or was she censoring him? :)

[​IMG]

There was once a Tracey Hughes Appreciation Thread that Clutch quickly locked to protect her privacy.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/tracey-hughes-appreciation-thread.281354/#post-10983327

"Tracey is awesome. I've known her for years and she is the best at what she does. Maybe you haven't seen her smile on TV but she has a great sense of humor. I appreciate your intention, Smacktle, because she deserves a lot of credit but I'm just locking this thread because I think it could get strange and I doubt she'd be comfortable with it." -- @Clutch
    Would be cool if we could resurrect that Tracey Hughes Appreciation Thread ... although, could be bad luck.

haha...check out the Switching Harden/MDA for Westbrook/Donovan thread...lulz

[​IMG]

#67 heypartner, Oct 10, 2019
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Zero. Unless it was their beloved Lakers the NBA would have reacted the same had this happened to any other team.

9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

But PR cost Tilman money, signed broke dude

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

VP of Media and Public Relations for the Rockets sounds like the best job. Get to travel with the team including to exotic places like Japan, gets to watch courtside at every game, and probably gets paid pretty well to boot.

I want that job.

11. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Seriously. Lets get back to playing ball.

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I completely believe Tim on this assessment... Harden and Westbrook wanted them to cut these questions off. It's a lose-lose situation to answer anything on the topic now that it has turned into an international incident. The more they talk, the more BS will be spawned from it, and the more money they stand to lose. Besides, the question was terrible BS anyway. It's not like sports journalists in general ask perceptive questions... just ask Popovich.

Sports stars may have a big platform to stand on, and people may really really want them to use it, but the average sports star probably doesn't know much about Chinese history and this whole situation. Why in the world would they want to get involved??

Someone at work was telling me today how the NBA needs to abandon China... I told him he needs to burn all of his clothing, throw his iPhone and Macbook away, and never shop at a discount store of any kind in th future.

#72 Doctor Robert, Oct 10, 2019
    D-rock and durvasa like this.
  13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not at all. By this action, the NBA is standing with Morey, not Tilman. Good on them.

D-rock likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, I don't like getting the players involved, if they want to speak up on their own then absolutely they have that freedom, but I don't like the players feeling obligated to answer political questions that will obviously affect their personal brand, endorsements, fan support and mostly relationship with their freaking employer/manager. Harden and WB are paid to play basketball, not be political commentators.

Also

WHAT DOES JA THINK? WHERE IS JA?

Reeko, soulsong999 and D-rock like this.
  15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Exactly. Sure, if they happen to be well informed then their opinion on the subject might matter but come on... wtf do most of these guys know about global politics???