1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China banning the NBA - Who cares thread?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Knew someone was going to say that.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that we are with our country on this issue?

Perhaps you’ve never experienced an government that actually makes progress for you? Healthcare cost too high? Salary too low? What is it? I feel bad for you.

mikeshinoda likes this.
  2. smp

smp Member

So deny the other 10% their right to choose? That’s if your “poll” is even accurate. You are commenting on something you don’t understand. Free speech. We take that seriously here. The great majority doesn’t get to silence the minority.

Keep on the blinders or open your eyes. I’m done trying to change your mind. Feel free to mail me your Rockets gear though. Lol!!!

3. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

In your idealistic democratic world, if 90% Of the people want the government to ban something and the other 10% don’t, do you ban it or not?

mikeshinoda likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

My government, voted by ME, doesn't send me off to prison without a trial if I say they suck, that's why I can do that.
    You can't and I feel sorry for you.

Of course someone was going to say that, because you are delusional to believe a poll represents a billion people.

the shark likes this.
  5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Who is “China?” Just wondering.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Show me the evidence.
    When did China have a referendum on this and 90% voted for a ban.

If there is no evidence then stop the propaganda.

banzai likes this.
  7. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

My government does not do that to me either :)

A poll can represent a billion people if the sample size is big enough. GO TAKE STATS 101. You’re not only ignorant but also uneducated. SMH

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Dumb. They got like farms of iPhones that can vote. And, it would be hypocritical for a communist country to poll their constituents for an opinion. Dumb.

9. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO a poll to be representative of a population not only must have numbers but also a careful selections of participants that represent the different sections and demographics of a population.

LOL at thinking that anyone can perform a represantive poll just by just having many people.

You know what they say. Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge.

So where is the evidence?

10. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

40k people voted.
    The question was “can you accept the NBA broadcast being banned”
    80% say “Yes”
    12% say “Doesn’t matter”
    Only 8% says “No”

[​IMG]

And I swear if you throw me the “this can’t represent 1 billion people” or “do you really believe in a poll from China” I’m gonna assume you didn’t graduate middle school.

And just in case you asked anyway, the answer is, this CAN represent a billion people (sample size large enough) and I DO believe in it because China doesn’t really care if you say you want to watch the nba online AND ALL my Chinese friends are in support of the ban on social media.

If you’re still gonna argue please at least make sense. Thank you

11. malakas

malakas Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A 40K unscientifically conducted online poll on state controlled internet is representing a billion people.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

12. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Alright, go finish your school:rolleyes:

13. smp

smp Member

Time to disengage. These people are very closed minded. They won’t even consider other perspectives or try to understand how they appear to the rest of the world.

malakas likes this.
  14. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

You’re literally talking about yourself right now.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Speaking of schools, I have seen elementary school polls that are better than what you showed me.:D

16. smp

smp Member

What are you even doing here at this point? Serious question. You hate the Rockets. You hate the NBA. You want it all banned. You don’t care about American perspectives. Just go away then. Buh-Bye.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate his perspective, so I’d like him to stay.

Most Americans don’t understand China, and never will. You can see the closed mindedness BOTH ways in this thread.

The anti-China vitriol is just as strong as the opposition.

Ice is bringing up some good stuff.

smp and Icepiano like this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

My hope is that we as Americans as well as the NBA moves on from this, and finds other revenue channels vs. bending over backwards to fix a relationship that was destroyed over a tweet from one GM. The NBA is a relatively small economic system, it doesn't absolutely need China to experience growth. Of the billions of people, the country has produced 1 decent player..ever. Part of what gets fans excited is when good players are able to represent your country, i believe there is plenty of opportunity to continue to gain fans domestically as well as in Europe and South America. The pre-season game in India is significant, and they are the world's largest democracy, so it may be a step in the right direction. These Chinese sponsors bailing from the NBA in the long run will hurt them far more than it will hurt the NBA. The NBA will take steps in international investment, and these sponsors will be replaced. Anta and Li Ning or whatever it is called needs the NBA, they are not relevant in the industry as is.

NBA seems to have invested tremendously in China and had a return, these fans did not just stumble onto the NBA somehow. If that investment is made elsewhere, there can be a significant return as well, and I think we may end up having more international players as a result.

#117 BallSoHarden, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  19. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

The people voting No are going to get disappeared soon.

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  21. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

The NBA was GREAT before China’s money. It will be GREAT without China’s money.

There’s no debating this. Enjoy your CBA, snowflakes!!