1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about we actually talk about Rockets Basketball instead?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by minis9, Oct 9, 2019.

1. minis9

minis9 Member

There’s enough discussions about politics at work and everywhere else. This is where I come to escape from all that and talk about something I enjoy instead.

with the pre season underway, what would the final 15 roster look like?

MONON, Bo6, deb4rockets and 6 others like this.
  2. WestendMassive

Good call.

It's still early in preseason, but does Gerald Green have a spot in the rotation? McLemore does everything he does and maybe does it better, Thabo has a massive defensive edge over him, while House and Rivers will be getting the lion's share of the backup wing minutes anyway.

Where does that leave Gerald?

Relativist likes this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Look at OP's post history. 54 posts in 13 years, half of them were defending the CCP and suddenly you are so enthusiastic about the Rockets..lol okay

4. minis9

minis9 Member

Seriously get ****ed mate. I’ve been around here longer than you.
    Is it a crime I chose to read and not often post?
    Am I wrong to share the violence that happens around me everyday for the past few months that most of you seem to have little idea about, so I had to speak more than usual to defend the immature name calling and accusations like what you just did?

Kornel87 likes this.
  5. Victorious

Victorious Member

This is bigger than basketball

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to see all these political posts moved to D&D. Now this forum is full of politics, and barely any posts about our team and the upcoming season. It would be nice to see them all moved out of this forum. Ugh.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Actually, if you just block people that blindly support the CCP, the threads are just about how awesome freedom is and basketball.

It’s actually even better than before, because the people that aren’t capable of thinking for themselves aren’t good at analyzing basketball either.

don grahamleone and CometsWin like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. bmd

bmd Member

This is just temporary. For now, we can talk about 2’s, 3’s and the Chinese.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Westbrook's shot selection in the half court set has me worried. It was poor at best. Now, his runs in transition are down right amazing.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BE THE GARM YOU WANT. START A THREAD.

I.D.I.O.T.

12. StrawberryJamm

This team is diverse, I hope they embrace it and are able to approach the game differently depending on who's on the court.

Capela and Tucker play too many minutes together. Staggering them in a similar fashion to Russ and Harden could really help the defense and hide our lack of 4/5 depth a bit.

I'd like to see Capela come out earlier so he can run with Russ and the bench alot. His ability to keep up with russ and provide rim protection could allow Green/House to eat up alot of those forward minutes we should be worried about.

Gary Clark certainly hasn't gone out and proven he deserves minutes but I've always felt he would only be useful if used 1 way - Ariza replacement in Tuck Wagon lineup. We might be thinking about him differently if he was put in a position to succeed.

When Russ gets pulled midway through the 1st, pull Capela too. Harden 5 out, switch everything. Example: Harden/Gordon/Rivers/Clark/Tucker.
    Start 2nd quarter example: Russ/Ben/Green/House/Capela.
    Starters close.

13. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Gary Clark and ryno ain't looking good. Will they make roster?

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

I think McLemore will take Houses minutes. He has a smooth 3pt stroke, runs the floor, can finish and is a good defender.

The guy I want back without hesitation is this guy

don grahamleone and jonasXV like this.
  15. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Russell Westbrook looked good considering the circumstances (first real game in 5 months). But Vertically he was not there, even on that up and under reverse the lift was not there. Was I the only one noticing this? He was fast for sure but doesn't have the lift that he used to.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This:
    [​IMG]

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm fine with that really. Probably reduces injury risk.

jonasXV likes this.
  18. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

True, True. I wonder if that is the reason why Luis Scola can still play. Dude vertical is -24.

lionaire likes this.
  19. meh

meh Contributing Member

To be honest theres nothing to really talk about. This is a veteran laden team with mostly a set rotation and little upside to discuss beyond Westbrook, and hes still coming off injury and need time to fit in.

Now if Westbrook ever start shooting 3s at 40+% clip over the preseason, then we can discuss how awesome this team can be. Until then the team is kinda what it is

20. UrbanEnterprise

it's a Rockets forum.

to discuss everything Houston Rockets and our GM is involved.