1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese fans, isn’t this your cue to leave?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 8, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are many people protesting in Hong Kong , peaceful and not peaceful, but that should not cause the government to cancel the nba .
    But if China wants to make its people suffer
    They can have them watch the CBA

And Morey didn’t start it. The Hong Kong protestors don’t care about what happens to the NBA now

HP3 likes this.
  2. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

Why I offer free psychological services for you?I just curious how the things going on and let you know what a normal Chinese think, which unfortunately cause you big upset and want to kick me out here. This is so ridiculous.on one hand you proud to tell me our people in this country have freedom, human rights and free to speak, on the other hand you don't open mind,don't want to listen the idea you don't like.just simply say this guy is a bot or CCP. want kick me out

3. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

Again this is not a freedom altitude.i only have one account.unfortunately your suspect is wrong

4. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

I told you guys sth only old rocket fans knew to prove my account identify.
    Shane battier- rocket traded him at the draft date with highest draft pick 7 (gay) from Memphis. This is a very controversial trade and caused a big debate online.but it turned to be a good trade.
    Actually morry target is Braden Roy. But he was picked by 6. This guy was the best point guard after Kobe I believed but unfortunately a little bit fragile.

Mike James- many years ago, rocket traded this guy from other team. He played very well a 6th at that year but possess so many ball.next year rocket trade him for Alston.he was so unhappy with this trade and score 30+points in one game against rocket and had a fight with juwan.then next year rocket traded him back but he can't play well as before.

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

You sound like you work for the Chinese Government.

I say to the Chinese fans, take that risk! Enjoy the Rockets and, Japanese AVN, and Prom over VPN!!!

It's worth the Risk!

Stand up for Morey

Stand up for Rockets

Standup for for AV Jap Prom!!!

Jontro likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

I thought they all became warriors fans a few years ago?

Spacemoth and Jontro like this.
  7. meh

meh Contributing Member

^

FWIW this is a lot of Chinese online viewpoint of the situation, that China has to act in defense of Moreys blatant oppression of China by aiding with the enemy (imagine if Morey supported Bin Laden essentially). They have no choice but to defend themselves from the tyranny of NBA who dare to not always speak in favor of China despite making money off of China.

I'm not joking. Morey and Silver are considered to be the devil in this whole ordeal from Chinese viewpoint and they support their massive government in fighting off these fiends out to destroy their way of life

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

That sounds insane.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Same reason so many Americans drank booze during the prohibition. It's because they're humans.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

There are people who support free speech who don't support HK separating. It's complex.

Garner likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just want to stress that I welcome those Chinese fans who choose to remain. And, honestly, I'm really bummed for all of the fans who are affected by this. They aren't directly responsible for this at all.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yo guys this is not going to be the end of NBA in China. When USA bombed Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia and killed 3 Chinese citizens, China banned NBA for 1 year. Hongkong protest is going to die out and they will work it out at some point.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's ok i just checked my social credit score I've got about 1000 posts here left b4 i get denied for a car loan.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If people genuinely support free speech, they should support HK fighting for autonomy. It's simple.

15. mms

mms Member

The Chinese now deeply rooted capitalism gov really believes money talks. This is not their first time to use its market to bully foreign power/businesses. Norway's salmon, Korean entertainment, Maine lobster, US farm goods, Japanese cars..the list goes on... Actually, it worked fantastically for china, Norway, Korean, Japan, Philippine.... all knelt and the last man standing is Trump.

I think Silver gets more heat from us side as fans and politicians calling him lizard. NBA won't be allowed back in any time soon, let alone the rockets. Fans here can say whatever they want, at the end of the day, it's Silver and companies' money on the line.

16. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Well again, as a local Chinese, like i once posted in another thread:

Houston Rockets was literally our Home team in China.
    From Chuckwagon, "Loser" Head from Yao's era to Bro Den (James' Chinese nickname) & Bro Wes (Russ's nickname), to Chubby Mo (Daryl Morey). We all loved them (or still are).
    For me, at least I will still low key watch the Rockets game somewhere online regardless of Tencent/CCTV not broadcasting this coming season.
    Let's go get that fk title this year. Fk the Lakers.

I love the Rockets. I love you guys.
    I love my country.

Morey shouldn't ve started this. And, whoever think we Chinese are either overreacting or mind controlled just don't know China. I don't blame you guys though.
    Again, we hv our problems we don't deny that. Also it requires time to improve. But lots of them are exaggerated. I know you guys may not believe me but I really feel lots of ppl here are to some extent impacted (whenever it comes to China) by your media/social media (as compared to our real life experience on daily basis). While at the same time you guys really underestimated how Chinese (from the govt to its citizens) actually hv been low key worshipping/supporting/learning US from decades ago. My fellow Chinese would immdiately understand what I mean. We once and still think whatever US does are better than us. Look at US, their moon are even rounder than ours, we suck, we need to get better. Your media would never tell you that though.
    Really hope you guys can some day come and visit my country.

It's a culture difference. Any attempt to separate China is as severe as Racist in US. That's why we Chinese all supported Donald Sterling being fired when he insulted African Americans. While in this Morey's case, we are expecting equal respect, at least an apology. But..
    We never questioned the freedom of speech of Morey (no matter how the media try to paint it that way). We questioned the substance.
    But, anyways. This sh*t is too complicated to have a solution that satisfies both sides.

We all (we Chinese and you Americans) don't deserve this. Straight up mess.
    As long as we respect each other, we're all good.
    But Chubby Mo.. Damn.. You better get us a title this year..

Sigh.

17. mms

mms Member

Well said.

mikeshinoda likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

姚明愛鯊魚.

[​IMG]

mikeshinoda likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

This is horrible. This makes your government look awful. Honestly, it makes China looks like thugs. I hope the NBA sever ties completely if its like that.

Look Im not insulting you personally but I just find this offensive.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are going to be around for a long time then dopefiend, you and brother Bing.

Morey not getting fired.

Enjoy the Rockets as well as going against your govt. by hanging out here.

Delish.

clutchdabear likes this.