1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese Rocket fan arrested for expressing anger over Tancent's ban on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 7, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sleeper accounts were laid during the Yao era.
    We need an account audit for Clutchfans
    And a massive purge of suspicious accounts

jbond77, lnchan and Jontro like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're a Chinese Rockets fan, this is what you should be doing!!! Save yourselves and your family!!!!

tinman likes this.
  3. smp

smp Member

It’s not worth being put on a list.

foh and Jontro like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't understand, should i destroy my old wong feihung dvd's now? taiwan is good doe right, so i can keep my meteor garden series?

5. mustang98

mustang98 Member

Believe it or not, there are people that come here just to view the comments and respond every once in a while.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean never post in like 10 years?
    I’m so ready for the purge

7. mustang98

mustang98 Member

I’ve posted 41 times in 10 years. It doesn’t make my account fake.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I'm sure there have been many arrests of rockets fans already, you'll never get that info though, I think I'm with tinman on the purge, it would take a little bit of work, dunno if clutch would appreciate that or REVEL in it :) (although as a bit of a lurker myself I'm on this gosh dang site every day like a 99er but just a year to late dangit!! :D ) <so deep down I have a little sympathy for people who don't post so much, would be interesting to see behind the scenes if this site is being hit up like crazy for new accounts etc>

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Now on CNN - https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/asia/houston-rockets-fan-arrested-china-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

This getting real. At least the Astros didn't cause a geopolitical mess tonight...

Houston Rockets fan arrested in China after threatening to burn national flag
    By Joshua Berlinger and Isaac Yee, CNN

Updated 12:23 AM ET, Wed October 9, 2019

[​IMG]

Chinese authorities said a 25-year-old was arrested after posting an image of himself wearing a Rockets jersey and insulting the country's flag.
    Hong Kong (CNN)A 25-year-old Houston Rockets fan in China threatened to burn the Chinese flag in protest of the ongoing dispute between Beijing and the NBA team, and told police to "come and arrest him."

He was behind bars hours later.
    Authorities in China's northern Jilin province said the man, Howard Wang, was accused of publishing "insults directed against the national flag" on Weibo, China's equivalent to Twitter. Wang was arrested shortly afterward and the case is being investigated, local police said in a statement.​

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

You got a ways to go to catch up with 'Holic, DaDakota, and Tinman. DD and DaDakota know I am real person :D