1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Morey might have cost the nba 4 billion dollars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Oct 8, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

CLEARLY payback for cutting Melo

Xerobull and Eomor like this.
  2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Quick, deploy Rodman ASAP to fix this mess!!!

BallSoHarden and BigShasta like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

CCP was going to get their pound of flesh after Huawei.

Morey or not, they would have found some provocation to do exactly what they are doing now, which is punishing US companies as an example of what happens if they cross the CCP.

DeBeards, RyanB, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was listening on Sirius and Darren Rovell said that depending on how long this goes on, Fertitta paid $2.2 billion for the team, but this tweet may have reduced the value of the Rockets by $200-$500 million.

Lovemachine2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Silver upon finding out that China is out. "North Korea, we have an opening if you're interested!"

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Wrong. NBA CHINA worth $4bn

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Good that is what the NBA gets for rigging 2018 WCF.

hakeem94, smp and D-rock like this.
  8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Will other owners tell their GM to not deal with Morey because he cost them $4 Billion?

RyanB likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

NBA attached themselves at the hip to a nation with beliefs drastically different than their own, and was fine with it because the money was rolling in

China brings in so much revenue, and it’s got them thinking they’re part-owner of the NBA or some sh*t

Adam Silver is praying he can patch things up when he arrives in China because he’s ultimately not trying to lose that bag...at least he expressed that people are free to say what they want and didn’t sacrifice Morey in order to appease China

if the relationship is severed, it will be interesting to see just how much of an effect that would have and how the NBA recovers...I don’t think that will happen, but if u had asked me last week if a quickly deleted tweet could bring about all of this, I would’ve said no

if the Rockets are drastically affected more than any other team, it’s their fault for pandering to China so much and neglecting Houston...Rockets getting Chinese themed jerseys every year, but only now getting a retro, championship themed jersey after years of begging for it from fans :rolleyes:

hakeem94 and smp like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Has Donald Trump tweeted anything that cost 4 billion yet? He's the only person I can think of who might could cause that much damage with a single tweet. Amazing.

RyanB and freyzhang like this.
  11. jayland

jayland Member

Does calling Stormy Daniels horse face count?

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Almost limit the buyer s of Nba team. Tilman just saw his net worth drop by $500 million thanks to Tilman since Rockets is China #1 team

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Hey now ,calling someone horse face ain't cool, signed Julia Robert

14. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This will also trickle down to the players by lowering BRI. Wonder if they'll be pissed when they ultimately figure that out.

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

When is the next player Union and owner agreement coming up?

I bet this will lead to a NBA lockout because the owner s are going to trickle down that $4 billion lost to the players

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. bacliff

bacliff Member

If a single tweet causes this then it was not to be and good riddance. America is the land of the free and China is not so it was incompatible to try and forge a long term partnership.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  18. WNBA

WNBA Member

I remember I read a huge MJ article (on he was a promising new star) on People's Daily back in China in early 90s. I was surprised that NBA made it to Chinese government paper and took up a whole page! David Stern was just an amazing businessman.

Now the gap between US and China is even bigger than our planet. NBA is out. How stupid the whole thing is! Hope Silver and Yao can work something out soon.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

According to union agreement, players get 50 percent of Nba revenue.

That's $2 billion players will lose.

Now we know why Harden loves China! I thought he was a fan of KTV and Kung Pao chicken

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

oil rich arab sheik pls. one who don't need china money.