1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

'Sexy fat b*stard'. Lol

HP3 likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In the immortal words of Michael Carter Jr. :

Real Gs move in silence like lasagna

francis 4 prez and MghtyPtrck like this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If Tilman had a brain, he would parlay this into the Rockets becoming the WORLD'S TEAM. This is publicity and press that you can't pay for. Literally every major global news network is reporting on this, and it's out there that the HOUSTON ROCKETS are the team that are taking on China's policy on human rights. Market this **** like crazy, and print up "STAND WITH AMERICA. STAND WITH THE WORLD. STAND WITH THE ROCKETS" tshirts and all kinds of stuff. Hell, even play into us being the REAL Red Nation gimmick if it means getting more global support!

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey isn't winning dude. He created an international catastrophe for the NBA and lost a lot of people millions/billions in 140 characters.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Enough, sorry you guys feel some ways about this. But this is crap that the CCP is trying to force us into firing Morey over a deleted tweet. We arent firing him and so now they are punishing you guys by not having any NBA games. This is not our doing.

6. foh

foh Member

What about you? Do you gain or lose anything? Why do you care about other people's money

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, 'international catastrophe'.

foh likes this.
  8. choujie

choujie Member

I don't gain or lose anything. But I don't see Rockets and Rocket fans gain anything either. I just don't agree with the statement of "they gained support from everyone else globally". Nobody gains in this situation. Morey did a lot damage to a lot people by posting that tweet.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Silver shouldve never voided the nene contract. Maybe now we can get rid of those hideous chinese uniforms.

chievous minniefield and malakas like this.
  10. biggiebody

biggiebody Member

It's international news, not just the US and China. No one outside of NBA fans even knew who Morey was. The BBC from the UK has reported on this multiple times already, they gained support from the HK supporters who are global. Also the only real loss is monetary value from the NBA.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am sure Nike will not hire Morgan Freeman to be the narrator in his commercial though.

I think Yao Ming will fit the role, once he will be fired as the president of the CBA.

Yao can always move back to Houston, her daughter is an US citizen.

MiddleMan likes this.
  12. choujie

choujie Member

China certainly can't force Rockets to fire Morey, but they certainly can cut ties with Rockets or/and NBA. It's a lose lose situation for both sides, all caused by a tweet from a supposedly smart Rockets GM.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Very true.

I have seen many Hong Kong people are posting in their forum saying they will gather a group of Hong Kong Rockets fans living in Houston to wear the "Stand with Morey" T shirt in our home opener.

Can't wait.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Kinda pointless to have $4 billion if it means destabilizing your regime.

malakas and BaselineFade like this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's very fair.

Chinese people always like to describe USA loves to bully everyone else in the world.

So this time I think it is a good opportunity and let China to learn that role and then understand how it will work out.

malakas likes this.
  16. choujie

choujie Member

News agency sure will report this, but not many people around the world would really care about it. There are just way too many more important things to deal with for a normal person around the world. UK might be one special case because Hong Kong was under British rule for a century. But people from most countries could care less.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Great post, but if I was Morey, I'd give Fertita the finger. Fertita threw Morey under the bus in a serious way. No job is worth that. Not only that, but after a year, Morey would have his pick of available GM jobs.

malakas likes this.
  18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Let's hope. He should.

19. biggiebody

biggiebody Member

You do realize it became this big because of China's reaction and not necessarily Morey's tweet. Their reaction affects everyone on a global level, everyone is watching what is going to happen. People who are supporting HK are also supporting Morey, and like I said HK supporters are global. If China did nothing, no one would give 2c on this situation.

malakas likes this.
  20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No it isn't. At the very least, some cellar dweller would take a chance on him. But I don't think it's even that bad. Many teams would love to have Morey.

malakas likes this.