1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Now the Entire NBA is Banned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Oct 8, 2019.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

hopefully this is the start of something - not just the nba, but other business organizations as well.
    it's been way too long since the whole world has bended over backwards for china -- enough is enough.

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Since Harden, the NBA ECT have fallen on the sword for the cause, wouldn't it be great if all American companies followed suit? Since Harden and the NBA are getting killed for selling out and kissing up to the Chinese, let's put every American corporation to the same test.

Since we are shaming Harden, let's shame everyone doing business with China. If you work for a company who does business with China you should quit immediately on principle. Then put your former employer on "shame list". Let the world know the name of this company and the identity of it's CEO. Lets expose every American entity doing business with a country that exposes it's people to these reported horrors.

Same goes for these slime bag politicians. Rubio lecturing the NBA on selling out for money is beyond laughable. They too should should be forced to give up all business dealings with China for the people of HK.

If we really support HK then let's all sacrifice something instead of just taking shots at Harden or the NBA. Principle over money right?

#22 BaselineFade, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see all American business's do that too. I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

I don’t know how many of you care. I do. I feel sorry for team rockets, city of Houston. Now it’s totally out of control. Over two decades efforts, for whatever reason it could undo everything over a tweet!

Nook likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

All of this because of a tweet? Wow. The Chinese government is as thin skinned as it gets. Morey is just a friggin basketball executive not an influential political figure. This is just BONKERS!!!

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

China cannot control the way our country operates. If this is the path they want to go down, then they can kiss our asses. They can have fun watching their shitty CBA league.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

By the way, since the entire NBA is banned, I'm guessing the Lakers/Nets game will be canceled?

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

The CCP is strong arming the NBA to fire Morey.
    Twitter is banned in China. So why all the fuss? It's is all about the CCP flexing its muscle and trying to control the narrative outside China about the HK situation.

It's all good. South Park got banned too. Maybe we'll enjoy a future collab between Morey and the SP creators.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...e-mock-apology-after-show-reportedly-censored

s3ts, deb4rockets, Spacemoth and 4 others like this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

But it is one-sided problem. You can only blame your leaders fot that reaction. I feel sorry for chinesse people, everybody is all good in Houston and rest of the world. They don't have anything banned or restricted ;)

deb4rockets and DikembeOlajuwan like this.
  12. jayland

jayland Member

Title is a bit misleading. The television broadcasts of NBA games has been cancelled/suspended. The NBA hasn't been banned.

Richie_Rich, malakas and BaselineFade like this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Pretty sure the rest are to be played in Japan.

14. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

I don’t know how many of you care. I do. I feel sorry for team rockets, city of Houston. Now it’s totally out of control. Over two decades efforts, for whatever reason it could undo everything over a tweet!
    This is sad especially for fans. Many of consider rockets as home team. As frontline of building relationships with China, any of rockets managers should anticipate this coming, they would do a better job. Now it’s everyone’ loss.

heypartner likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Was Morey in Hong Kong leading the protests himself? I’m tired of hearing about China. It was a tweet, a tweet that was deleted quickly. Stop this nonsense already, or don’t, and miss NBA basketball. Your citizens can watch that trash ass CBA basketball y’all got going on over there while the Rockets get ready for a championship run.

joshuaao, UTSA2step, payaso and 3 others like this.
  16. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Maybe you got the points maybe not, it doesn’t matter. But DM started everything when everything played fine over two decades.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw that the Chinese government stopped a Nets visit to a Shanghai school in the headlines. Just seems like they are going to get pettier and pettier by the hour.

18. macan

macan Member

this is better than any TV dramas i've ever watched.
    new and exciting episode every day. wondering what the ending gonna be like.

bro2044 and deb4rockets like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The reason is that China is a communist dictatorship. Let’s not lose sight of why Chinese people don’t get to decide for themselves.

20. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

The sad part is that everything may not be DM intention, it is just a careless mistake. Now everyone puts him a role he doesn’t want.