1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. kanariya

kanariya Member

No freedom of speech, no freedom of press.
    News censorship. Great firewall. Can't voice anything anti-gov.
    You can only use state approved platforms in China. Which are all heavily censored and monitored.

Try search 1989 Tiananmen in Baidu vs Google.
    Try look up Chinese organ harvesting.
    Try search Winnie the Pooh.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  2. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Haha. All of those key words are censored, true. Regardless, most of us know the history depicted both by CCP and West.
    Whoever believes in organ harvesting bs just don’t know China, period. Oh wait, there was a documentary telling everyone that 911 was actually the idea of US Govt itself. Do you believe that?
    Just yday NetEase your so-called stateowned media posted an editorial basically saying some history ( against foreign countries) on our own textbook were twisted. We Chinese should be more unbiased moving fwd. That article was not removed and received thousands of comments. Search 故宫研究员.
    I noticed all those censored stuff 15 yrs ago when I was studying in Melbourne. 15 yrs has passed, it’s interesting that you still telling me these old stuffs like we don’t know.
    Actually we know it all. And bcuz we are able to bypass the firewall, the firewall don’t bother us at all.
    I’m surprised as a Chinese you don’t know these.
    That said, censorship is there. But kept improving.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  3. meh

meh Contributing Member

1. Most Chinese born in the 90s or later have no clue what the Tiannanmen Square incident was so no, not "most of us" know the history as depicted by anyone. Only people who were of age in 1989 and fairly knowledgeable in terms of national news still remember that incident.

2. Organ harvesting is definitely a thing. I even asked about it maybe a decade ago because a close family friend might've wanted a new liver. In the end she never went through with it but actually got pretty far into the process. And it's an open secret among that the rich and powerful can get organs as needed, even if it was mostly hush hush when you go down the social ladder.

3. Quoting an article not being removed is laughable when China's entire internet forum is heavily auto-moderated by bots. I'm not into politics but I have gone to gaming forums and they'd start each thread where the first post says nothing in order to avoid the censorship. I assume the initial post gets more heavily moderated so all the real content start on the 2nd post. And I'm talking about video games, stuff that cannot possibly have any political implications. I have many friends in China I have wechat with and on some occasions we'd get blocked from each other, and was told it's because of too many pictures sent which may be hidden articles. Presumably because I was sending these photos from America.

4. I notice these things because as a Chinese-American who has worked in China for a few years with relatives and friends in both countries, it's pretty clear what is up. Also, if you want me to share with you the crap American government has done I'd be happy to share. This is an American forum so saying anything, even if I call Trump a piece of crap, I won't get censored.

4. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Your first point is already wrong. To the opposite, the post 90s hv even more exposure and chances to those censored stuffs. Straight liar.
    I don’t deny the censorship. And don’t you tell lies. Period.

5. kanariya

kanariya Member

You are one of the lucky few who has the opportunity to study aboard to learn the truth. Most Chinese citizen especially the younger generation don't know what happened in 1989 and trust the gov that there were none or only few hundred casualties. What's happening in HK reminds me of 1989. A bunch of students/young people seeking freedom are ignored. I hope it doesn't end like 8964. It's true you can use VPN but not everyone knows how or willing to risk it as VPN is illegal in China. Most just let it be and accept what the gov tells them. But like you said they are not stupid. Many of them participated and supported the 8964 movement and now they are all mostly in their 50s. You think they turned worshipping CCP after all these years? No they learned that they need to keep their mouth shut to stay alive. Many people in China especially in Guang Dong support the HK movement but they can't voice any opinion.

On the other hand, if there is credible source suggesting US was behind 911 with fact, I would take it as consideration and possible scenario. But no, everything out there were only speculation. This is the freedom of speech. If anyone or agency publish something like this to accuse CCP and you can expect them to be jailed or disappeared.

Lastly, the USA is under trade war with China and our congress has openly supported the HK movement. Why don't the Chinese just boycott anything American. Don't buy iPhone, don't storm into the new Shanghai Costco.

meh and Spacemoth like this.
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Straight liar? lol are you with the Chinese government or something? I have worked in Beijing for 5 years and met a lot of college students at some of the most prominent Beijing Universities and none of them know anything about the Tianamen Square Incident. A few of them were native Beijingers.

Why would I lie about something like this. Not like I have an agenda when I'm posting on a city sports forum to waste time during work and avoid thinking about the Astros game going on right now.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Matt And Trey spot on after South Park has now been banned in China for last week's episode

"Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts," Parker and Stone said in a tongue-in-cheek statement. "We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn't look like Winnie the Poo at all. Tune into our 300th episode the Wednesday at 10 p.m. Long live the great Communist Party of China. May the autumn's sorghum harvest be bountiful. We good now China?"

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 100% with this post. I am behind Morey all the way. Typical Communist response to Morey's tweet. If the NBA or our billionaire owner value money over standing up for someone who supports democracy over oppression and communism then it shows a warped sense of values. I am so glad I don't live in Hong Kong or China. We should just say adios and good riddance to China.

9. cebu

cebu Member

Fkuck China!

10. wesbound

wesbound Member

Morey's tweet is not wrong but it's dumbest sh*t a GM can do from a business standpoint,..
    He's in the sports business, keep that politic sh*t out of it & worry about the player on the roster.

persian hoopa likes this.
  11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

What about prom in China?

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we find another country or continent to partner with. Maybe Australia. I like them more than china.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I dunno, I think there's still that whole class thing with money that happens here in the USA, Yao probably won't say anything for fear of ramifications, but will probably be good to travel to the US. He just won't be seen in public with Morey until this blows over. So... Probably by next week. At least that's what I'm thinking since his stance could be good/bad for China. Obviously I Doubt he'd turn on China for HK but hey... He did see a lot of the world and has some kind of platform over there

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is really disturbing what the Chinese fans are saying on the Rockets social media, and it is still within the terms of instagram so it will not get deleted. They are all praising 9/11 and wishing harm upon the US. Completely irrelevant and hate filled statements, all over a tweet promoting freedom. To completely throw away what our country stands for over money is disgusting. I hope they find another team to root for.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I clearly got what you meant and agree with you. Unfortunately I don't have the platform or the funds, so me being for HK won't do anything

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hopefully some BS propaganda bots, but I also don't expect anything less of our country's big corps (just ignoring it in favor of easy money). All businesses are doing this ****, especially if they have a global product. I mean when this happens in other spots of the world, no one from those big corporations say ****, their ceo/owner/board are more interested in their next fancy car than potentially losing their 7th mansion etc etc. By making a political statement. Sure behind closed doors (and I def think the same of our gov), they probably think otherwise, but voters/money unfortunately take the place of their actual thoughts coming out.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

are you going to boycott all companies that do business with china ? if so, i got some bad news for you.....

none of this is going the way the chinese govern their people. morey should have left this one alone.

19. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Just wait until Xi rolls out the Social Credit Score for each citizen. Combine that with Facial recognition and Internet Monitoring, good luck living under Big Brother.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. mms

mms Member

Is this "Organ harvesting" thing legal in China? If not, what's the difference between this and Clinton and companies playing underage girls...