1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like they don't know how good they have it ;) just sayin'

2. HP3

HP3 Member

You can eat **** too. And get off this website.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. kanariya

kanariya Member

I spent half my life in China and half in USA. I've seen all their ****. The republican ain't much better but that's another topic.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why? For holding an opinion you disagree with? How about you take your opinion... shine it up real nice... and turn it side ways... and stick it straight up... your candy ass.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

:) you know you are wrong as hell when me and fchow are sided together....

Yeah how about those concentration camps?

6. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Thanks for demonstrating an application case of freedom of speech.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I cant force you outta here though, I can only use my words :D

Apologies though for starting off so rudely, but if you are after Morey's job than Id rather you not be here.

8. idshiy

idshiy Member

the extradition bill has been dropped now rite? then what r you still protesting for? what CCP did to you so that you? as far as I know, Chinese gov do take any tax from you even you are part of china and we helped hk's economy many times in different ways? you guys still not happy? I know life is hard in hk, China didn't bring you housing issue rite? I think you guys are sinking your city rite now, and I don't think when protest is over, HK can come back up to it's level in next ten yrs. you are slowly killing yourself. btw, you think US present is not pre-screened? I though they have to main party and they decide who can run present rite? then big company funding them for their own benefit yeah?

dlite316 and D-rock like this.
  9. idshiy

idshiy Member

as Chinese I spend 10 yrs study overseas and went back to china like 10yrs ago. China is getting much better now, more open and there is more opptunity now. I trust the process and know gov cannot fix everything just like that. I think I'm very adaptable.

dlite316 and D-rock like this.
  10. dejamike

dejamike Member

Mic dropped!

11. Chamillionaire

#111 Chamillionaire, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  12. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I had always liked Morey and had hoped he could somehow smart himself out of this mess.
    Turns out he's not giving it a good try. I read this as desperation but well we'll find out anyways in the next 2 weeks.

Adidas might want Harden to be traded to Brooklyn though. Just saying

13. idshiy

idshiy Member

but I still laughed while many Chinese company stopped their sponsorship which rockets and media stopping mention any news about Rockets. that is so stupid and so Chinese. I hope DM can stay, he is a very to GM, we may have chance to win this yr. even I don't think we would.

lakersuck2, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

What more do you guys want, he apologized? These are not business tactics these strong arm, forceful tactics. Cmon man, this isnt fair. Even Harden apologized, why can't this be enough.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Senator

Senator Member

Regardless of all this, if Hong Kong does not want to be part of your system, why force them?

How is that any different to the rape of nanjing?

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The nationalist movement is everywhere. We saw people boycott the NFL here over something trivial. The more I think about it, they're probably more gung-ho about their country than we are. Lol

17. kanariya

kanariya Member

I'm not from HK so you don't need to refer myself as a HKer. I've been following this situation because I have Chinese background. Like I said the extradition bill was the tipping point. If the gov were to withdraw the bill from the start. All these could be avoided most likely. Now the issue has been escalated to deeper political issue. Most importantly the dual universal suffrage that was promised under the Basic Law. Then the police brutality is the next most important issue. If you can watch any more neutral news source (RTHK) you will see that the police are abusing all human rights and were not held accountable for anything they've done. There were reports of police torture of protesters and sexual harassment/assult. The gov refused to have an independent inquiry to investigate into this matter or the whole situation. If you are walking on the street in HK now, the protesters are not the one you should fear, it's the police that you should fear. They will arrest you for things like possession of a laser pointer, wearing black and other non-senses. Often the state news (global times) only show the violence from protesters and cut what happened before that. Yesterday a Taxi drove on to the side walk and injured 3 pedestrians. One girl was only 23 years old who hit by the taxi and most likely she won't be able to walk again. The surrounding protesters then beat up the driver. I bet you could only see the latter part. They also try to suppress the press, arrest journalists, first-aiders and shot multiple people in the head and few people were permanently blinded, including 1 first-aid girl and 1 Indonesian journalist.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...ngs-and-torture-in-police-detention-revealed/

D-rock likes this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I think the best way out for booths sides like I said in another topic. Suspend morey for the year. If that dont please them then we just move on. Cause that's a compromise I think on both sides that's fair

19. kanariya

kanariya Member

BTW anyone qualified to run the office can run for it. You just need to generate enough support. It's why we have an Asian American running for the office now and he stands with Morey.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. kanariya

kanariya Member

Because CCP likes to force things.