1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You know it’s coming. And he would be right. The Rockets and the NBA are cowards for their apologies to a brutal communist regime who oppress freedom of speech not only in their own country, but apparently in America now too.

2. jcf

jcf Member

I hear you, but given the reaction of China, I don't think walking that line will be easy. Seems like that is what the NBA tried to do and everyone saw right through it. It may be difficult to say anything without ticking a whole lot of people off.

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It's coming.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is the truth.

Everything is upside down when in these current times american politicians are in bipartisan agreement on something.

5. malakas

malakas Member

What is the opinion of the CCP against gays, gypsies, non Han minorities, second children with no family papers? They love them?

Because I know you for a while I want to make something crystal clear because I saw other chinese make this blatant misunderstanding.

Critisizing the Chinese government doesn't equate critisizing the chinese nation in itself or insulting your motherland. You only have had communism for 70 years it doesn't define you as nations.
    I wish the best for all chinese that's why I will never stop attacking their lack of freedom and the crimes and attrocities commited against them by their government.

Yung-T, clutchdabear, Nook and 2 others like this.
  6. macan

macan Member

i'm glad that we make the headlines of news again today. free advertisement.
    gotta keep on going. mission is not complete until we make it to espn FIrst Take! need Max Kellerman's take on this!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden isn't doing this for Tillman, he's doing this for his real boss:

[​IMG]

8. Nook

Nook Member

Serious question..... are you blocked from seeing certain media?

There have been entire documentary pieces on it, interviews with Chinese officials and people in the camps and family have discussed it. Granted the people in the camp are obviously horrified.

Yung-T, clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The NBA will do nothing. their chinese fans will stop buying shoes and merch.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem, as I said I am trying to find out myself. I am not really sure what the end game is.

To answer you, second children are allowed in cities with parents being single kids. A third kid just warrants a fine, a hefty one but it could have been lowered meanwhile (estimated).

I have not heard about gays being abducted or such, but yeah, they do their thing secretly.

I have not come across gypsies, as Roma are more common in Europe. Most other minorities are settled, or more assimilated.

Mostly Mongolian people, Mongolian folks are liked by the Han, many minorites have incentives going to school.

They dun have to score that high to get into an 'elite' uni.

From the outside it is just the Tibetans, Uyghurs and HK, Taiwan really.

But I have to say you see lots of Uyghurs on the futball pitch, within the national team and doing arts so some have integrated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

malakas and James.B.H like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are already many right wing Trump supporters already bashing Tilman - whose another Trump supporter.

The rights are always having a much strong stance than the left on China, but then in this case, when freedom of speech was hurt, that basically united them all.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This....

I don't think people understand how tightly restricted media that the CCP doesn't want their citizens to see is inside China.

That concentration camps are just one example, that does not even go into their use of technology and cameras to control their own citizens. There is no such thing a privacy or individuality. I keep hearing from idiots like the owner of the Nets "1.4 billion Chinese want a single continent. They are completely oblivious, it isn't about what 1.4 billion Chinese want, it is about what Hong Kong and Taiwan want. Historically we already went through this with Hitler.... literally the same justification........ "Germans want a unified Germany.".... well guess what, the Polish didn't want to be part of Germany, neither did the Soviets or the English.

Yung-T, clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed but he thinks he helped Morey and the Rockets.

He just wants everything to blow over and to play basketball.

Also I do not doubt he is fond of China, he is treated as a God there....... I would also point out he never said he supported China over Hong Kong.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

While you can separate the Chinese government from the Chinese people, you realize that the Chinese people love their government. Partly due to brainwashing/tribalism, not as if we don't have to a degree some of the same(just more subtle). But also importantly because their standard of living has improved over the last 50 years more than perhaps any other country in the world. That has by far the highest correlation to satisfaction with one's government around the world. It's why Japan has some of the highest suicide rates, because their economy has stagnated for decades (even though standard of living is high). And the source of the unrest in Honk Kong, because of their decline as a financial hub as China has opened up. If Hong Kong was booming they wouldn't give a **** about their freedom. People would rather live like a king in a cage than a begger free on the street. It's nice to think otherwise behind a keyboard but that's just not reality.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Fostering strong relationships with China has been a priority for the league for at least three decades. The NBA has a China office and just announced plans to add a gaming team in Shanghai to the NBA 2K League, and officials in both countries say as many as 500 million Chinese fans watched at least one NBA game last season.

Chinese state television and Tencent -- a major media partner with ESPN and the NBA in China, with a streaming deal that is worth $1.5 billion total over the next five years -- then said they would not be showing Rockets games.

People's Daily noted that multinational corporations that tested the line on Hong Kong have "paid a heavy price.'' Cathay Pacific lost two executives after China warned the Hong Kong airline that its employees would be barred from flying over or to the mainland if they joined the protests.

After being criticized by Chinese social media users, fashion brands Givenchy, Versace and Coach apologized for selling T-shirts that showed Hong Kong, as well as the Chinese territory of Macau and self-ruled Taiwan, as separate countries.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You do realize that this line of thinking is the EXACTLY same line of thinking that the Nazis had.

They claimed the Jews would not assimilate. They attempted to send them overseas. They then sent them to camps.

They called them "cockroaches", they tried to force them to assimilate and said they were not good citizens.

The similarities are striking.

Whenever you have such fierce differences, there is going to be violence on both sides.

Yung-T, malakas and clutchdabear like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I remember telling you the moment that Tilman bought the Rockets that the an organization worth 2-3 billion dollars with people like Morey and Tilman (outspoken) REALLY need to hire permanent PR people. Daryl Morey is an outspoken guy, not sure that having an active twitter account is really smart and Tilman sticks his foot in his mouth all the time......... so now the Rockets are paying the price and this isn't all on Morey. Under Les, Morey was somewhat reigned in because Les kept a low profile..... Tilman doesn't.

malakas likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden is a spineless coward. Great basketball player but spineless human.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Black people have become accustomed to anti-blackness. Pretty hard to shock us, as a whole, with racist acts. Blackface is Asia has been well documented and discussed.

malakas and Nook like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While I give you the benefit of the doubt, there are tons of footages I got to go thru.

But nowadays every right wing populist in Europe is associated with Adolfman. So there is that.

So Trump wanted to build a wall in Mexico, does that make him the architect of the Berlin Wall?