1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why should he be lucky to have his job because he criticized a foreign government? To Americans that notion is strange to us. Can you respect our culture?

noppeper, Bandwagoner, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  2. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I have lived overseas for nearly 2 decades. I remember watching 2008 electron night live in Germany, with American and German students together.
    We cheered for Obama's victory, yet we had a lot of respect for McCain.

Americans at the time acknowledged and reflected on the weakness of their approach on the world stage. The world "redneck" at the time was seldom used outside US to describe Americans.

Now you have Trump, MAGA, and a lot more sympathy of Anti-Americanism again all around the world.
    What do you think will happen next?

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  3. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Because Morey hurts the interest of Rockets and NBA. He needs to go because Rockets and NBA would let him go.
    It would appear to be an resignation from Morey to contain the damage for NBA from people like you.

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

why the **** should he lose his job? lucky to keep his teeth? most american companies support diversity and welcome a multitude of opinions/cultures.. unlike in china. just bc in china you can't say **** about the gov't doesn't mean you can't express your opinion here in america. and the rockets are based in AMERICA. if it were like u said.. then popovich and kerr would've been out of a job 3 years ago. obviously u know nothing other than **** that china feeds you. you don't even know anything about tiananmen square.

Yung-T and don grahamleone like this.
  5. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Sure. There are plenty of people expressing worthless ideas in America, yourself being the best example here.

If you have anything to do with international business, you watch out for international political correctness.
    Apparently you don't have to, feel free to stay stupid.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Chinese who live overseas and are able to enjoy modern western democratic society and still support Chinese dictatorship are the worst kind of hypocrites and traitors.

eric.81, The_Yoyo, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Malakas, you are being a little dramatic, nobody is supporting a regime but the Party has brought the country stability.

People have a steady income, good life. Things they did not have 30 years ago.

Overseas Chinese know this, but sure, do I wish more democracy? Sure. But not with the sacrifice of blood!

You are being black and white about this like a lot of people. The world is grey, my dear, grey!

Also you of all people never lived in China, you have to live in it.

Also Greece had problems, I never wanted to intervene.

8. foh

foh Member

You are deflecting. I don't know your background but the fact is freedom of expression and Democratic values are deep American values (hence, Morey supporting HK's drive for suffrage) and if you don't like it and want to bring up 9/11 attack that took away thousands of civilian lives in connection to it, then I have a major problem with you.

American institutions are strong and have stood the test of time and "rednecks" are hard working folk that fight for above values just as any other average American citizen.

Find me a stronger democracy than ours before sh*tting on it. You didn't tell me what's so great about CCP.
    How can China gets to be called "communist" anyway. It is just an autocratic one party state that only recently got out of poverty and people are still delirious that their prospects are better than before. The growth will likely slow down and dissent and reprisals will rise.

All the rich Chinese send their kids to US for a reason. And they keep stealing intellectual property.

#68 foh, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. malakas

malakas Member

I have already been told yesterday in this forum by many chinese :

"If you are in a concentration camp, it must be because you deserve it. Why would the government do that otherwise?"

"Elections work better when you have one party."

I find nothing gray about these statements.

Jayzers_100, The_Yoyo, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Truly pathetic.

He should go back to where he came from.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is true but China is also the only 'Ex Communist' state that has achieved wealth for millions.

Cuba didn't do it, they are poor, DPRK didn't do it.

True, I wish things were even better. But here it is.

It is what it is.

Concentration camps were built by the Nazis to gas Jews, I haven't heard about gassing other minorities. Do you have proof of gassing?

Many things are said by the Pro government guys. By both sides. I am sorry if that has offended you.

I try to be neutral.

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Taiwan is a Haven for persecuted ethnic minorities...

13. malakas

malakas Member

Concetration camps aren't Nazi invention and aren't exclusive to them.

When you imprison millions of innocents and mentally and physically torture them, leave them without food and try to brainwash them with rumours of even organ harvesting then THAT is a concetration camp.
    THAT is nazism.

Achieving wealth doesn't excuse torturing, and killing people!

You chinese think that are the only country in the world that became from poor, richer?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know what, last year I found out by accident what malakas really meant.

I chuckled.

Life is full of wonders, why spent it being a keyboard warrier? There is more to life than going political.

Ordinary ppl like us can't change what is going on. You can only hope that the leaders change, becoming more human.

Violent protests are not the answer. Peaceful ones yeah.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I don't know how you can chuckle when people are tortured..?

My parents and grandparents fought for democracy against dictators and shed their own blood and I am able to "be a keyboard warrior" thanx to their sacrifices for freedom.

They should have said "oh we are better off just keeping our mouth shut and our wallet fuller" right?:rolleyes:

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I said it's a little story......I have kid or kids, I dun have the energy to fight it somewhere else, I have to protect mah family first and foremost.

Iraqis were tortured but was it right for the US to go in and kill civilians too as casualty?

Nope. IMO. Things are not that easy.

Because someone is tortured, every civilian should stop living?

What is that madness?

Normal people care about other people when they can take care of their own household.

It's normal.

Lovemachine2000 and dlite316 like this.
  17. MasterZen

MasterZen Member

I thought that the pro democracy in Hong Kong are Chinese are they not?

D-rock and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  18. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I have no problem with you having a major problem with me. I think we could agree on that.

American institutions are strong, until they are not. WTC towers had been tall until they were not.

CCP is quite okay for majority of the modern days Chinese middle class because CCP didn't bother us. They allow us to pursue personal success while providing safety, resource and freedom from fear that many democracy fails to provide.

Moreys trouble has nothing to do with CCP but he has problem with each of Chinese fans , individually, who see HK separatists as punks and anarchists crying for international attention

19. foh

foh Member

In China you are neutral until someone rats on you falsely and government persecutes you for it.

If that's not the case now, it will be eventually.

Safer, to stay pro-government, Daywalker

D-rock, clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not in China, mang. But not sure if that is sarcastic or real advice.

I am not a fan of Xi, I thought Hu Jin Tao was a better leader. At least not a flamboyant one.

Yes it is tru, if I have to visit China again, I just shut up and mind mah own business.

Shut up and Listen!

freyzhang likes this.