1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

Harden has become an expert of disappointment.

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Because if they did it would further enrage the league office and Silver and could cost Morey his job afterwards.

Harden just trying to smooth things over with the league and help save Morey's job

daywalker02 and Eomor like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mr. Dedmon, I also questioned Daryl's motives behind it.

But it could just be in the heat of the moment, mid life crisis sort of a moment.

Dun read too much into that, Daryl is normally a smart guy who wouldn't do that.

If he wants out, that is a terrible way to say, faq, I dun want to spend the rest of mah days with the organization and Tilman.

Yao was a global icon but his days are over, it's a new era.

I think making money will forever link Chinese ppl with Americans, it's the love for the Benjamins.

4. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I can not understand why he made such a statement now, knowing that we Chinese have deep feelings for the rockets and the interests of both sides are also many.

5. sheb

sheb Member

Adidas is behind this

Stormy1234 and amaru like this.
  6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Alright I'm out. I am now a Vancouver Grizzlies. Michael Dickerson is my dude. So outraged and triggered!

Jontro likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You know it's bad when Harden is responding to anything remotely political. This also tells me he really likes Morey, because now he has dragged himself into the mess.

H should have said he loves the fans in China not just China.

oh boy.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It really tells you how draconian the Chinese government is and how influential their autocracy is felt even in the the land of the free, home of the brave.

Supamanu, Mazulis, TMac'n and 5 others like this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I understand they are trying to save Morey's skin.

It annoys me because the league can push Morey around because he's expendable, but I'd love to see what would happen if this became a movement on par with taking a knee during the anthem. What exactly would the league do at that point?

Yung-T and clutchdabear like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is sad
    I understand what Harden is doing

F Les
    He started this blatant pandering

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. mms

mms Member

Lol. Morey started this and it’s les’s fault. Why don’t you blame Nixon?

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Adidas is probably behind this. I bet both Nike and Adidas have told their players not to say anything.

13. foh

foh Member

Why?

We have our government to take political stands. I understand that Trump puts little priority on principles that value human rights but there are other politicians that can represent US views when it is time to do so.

NBA is an entertainment business. Harden is an apolitical guy whose apology doesn't really amount to betrayal of American values. He just wants to get back to business and he has an absolute right to do so.

Eomor and clutchdabear like this.
  14. xiaolulz

xiaolulz Member

My theory tho

Chinese and brothers are cool, they don't necessarily support DM's tweet in the first place.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  15. foh

foh Member

I think only Jackie Chan (rush hour fame) gets to refer to African Americans as "brothers".

You are a troll

Supamanu, lionaire and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm just annoyed by this whole thing that's all. The NBA decided to take a huge stand on the bathroom bill issues, but completely tucks their tails when Morey tweeted what he did. They effectively went the complete opposite direction with respect to personal liberty and they are hypocrites. I understand money talks, but the bowing down to the Chinese govt in this kind of fashion annoys me. I was saying I'd love to see what the NBA would do if it became a movement similar to the bathroom bill or anthem kneeling. Just as an in your face to the NBA and Silver. It might not be perfectly logical, but whatever.

Morey was an idiot for getting involved in something this explosive, but I don't care. I don't want to see the Chinese govt cause the Rockets and the NBA to genuflect and ultimately fire Morey as a result of all this. He gave his apology. That is punishment enough. Let's move on.

BigMaloe, fchowd0311, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The NBA doesn't care enough about the Rockets or Morey.

Gradually I am convinced about this.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im going to put this here because china.

19. malakas

malakas Member

This is DISGUSTING.

It's not his place to apologise and has no right to. If Morey wanted to really apologise he would have.

Harden can't talk for him. GTFO

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only in the moviez, only in the moviez.