1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Morey is fired over this, I'm out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

The problem with the protest is that it has already turned into something that's unreasonable and barbaric. The HK government has already given in to the original demands of the HK rioters but they still do not stop their violence.

In the end, Hong Kong is part of China and should be ruled under Chinese laws. Foreign interference should stay out.

mikeshinoda likes this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

Confirmed this guy is a Chinese bot, ban him plz

3. malakas

malakas Member

one country two systems.. a couple of years later has turned to " HK should be ruled under chinese laws".

A country of thieves and liars who break their own treaties?
    China promised that HK will be allowed to elect their own leaders but they lied.

joshuaao, CHI and HP3 like this.
  4. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

How am I equivocating? Is "Fine people on both sides" not a quote from Donald Trump? if that wasn't your intention I'm sorry. But it sure sounds awfully like it.

I support a government that makes a country better. If a democratic one is the answer, that's great. But that system does not work in every country. To REQUIRE every country in the world to follow your form of government is authoritarian in itself. The US has a tendency to do that to other countries and it's stupid and wrong.

5. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Show me one example where China broke its own treaty?

And again, one country two systems is still one country. And it means foreigners should stay the hell out of it.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fertitta was the one who actually blew it out of proportion, with his own dumb tweet. Morey would have just deleted his tweet, and that would have been it. Publicly throwing your own GM under the bus is a shitty way to handle things.

Fertitta: Shut up and listen!

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  7. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

As a Chinese fan, I don’t want Morey to get fired. Why do that? He did a decent job for the Rockets and I see Rockets as a true contender to win the title this season. Fk the Lakers. Fk the super teams.

But it just hurts. That everyone here defending for his “freedom of speech” while assuming it’s politically correct to bash China at will and picture China as the OPPOSITE of freedom.

You guys don’t even know China. You are just bullying China in the name of freedom.

We never hurt Morey. We never hurt the Rockets. We never hurt you guys.

We didn’t even start a war. We never said our regime is more correct than yours. We kept improving but all of you just ignored that.

We are on the way to your so-called Freedom but you guys just basically want us to go to hell and start all over again (u think that works for a country size of China?) Only that way will you stop judging us with colored glasses.

We don’t deserve this sh*t. But yeah you guys don’t care.

desperatewife, HP3 and Icepiano like this.
  8. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

"Joined 2016" and call me a bot. Go to sleep kid

mikeshinoda likes this.
  9. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

They just won't listen. They're in their own little world.

mikeshinoda likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

No buddy I won't stand quiet when I see concentration camps, torture, organ harvesting, human rights abuse.

One instance in 2017 when China lied and didn't offer elections to HK. Have you no shame?

11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Morey should just go all in and refer to Taiwan as a separate country, just to outrage those who stand by the absurd tenant that an island with its own government, own currency, own military, and own taxes is a part of the insecure underachieving mass across the strait.

12. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO yeah democracy doesn't work, a one party society with no right of free speech where everyone is under constant surveillance is the answer!!!
    Talk about brainwash.

I see you live in america.
    Being able to enjoy all the joys of freedom and democracy while supporting dictators.
    You are the worst type of double face hypocrite.

CHI likes this.
  13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Go back and read the Basic Law and try to understand what are the 5 demands the people in Hong Kong are asking for and also google about the umbrella movements 5 years ago.

Which of the demands did they ever request for independent ?

Stop being an ignorant moron.

malakas likes this.
  14. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

How about the thousands of innocent lives the US took by starting the pointless Iraq war? Politics are messy, my friend. I suggest you look in the mirror first.

I could go over the human rights accusations one by one with you and tell you why it's not the whole truth, but I won't, because you won't listen. So have a nice day.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

How is firing Morey for a political statement regarding suppression and freedom of speech not against US law? We have laws that protect employees from firing for discriminatory reasons, and political beliefs are protected aren't they? I hope Morey stays strong and doesn't take any kind of buyout. I would tell them to fire me and go at the league and Tilman with everything. He can get a job in another sport or league.

malakas likes this.
  16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Im with Morey

malakas likes this.
  17. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

I go back to China every year. Enjoy it. I enjoy the US too. It's not really redundant. Chinese people come work in the US, Americans go work in China as well. Having lived in both countries only makes my perspective more well-rounded, and maybe when you're calmer you can think about that

mikeshinoda likes this.
  18. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

If Morey is fired, I’m OUT and will no longer support the Rockets.

Not because of I’m a Morey only fan, but because our team and possibly the NBA will have sold it’s soul to the devil.

I’m a native Houstonian and have followed the team since 1982 and will spend my hard earned dollars on other entertainment and not the Rockets if it bends to the whims of a communist country to make a few extra bucks.

Just because the people of China do not have a voice doesn’t mean we should suppress our freedoms of speech.

If Morey is let go or resigns, know dammed well this team is going to be in world of trouble once Harden/Westbrook ages out and or demands a trade.

The future path and direction of this franchise will be drastically altered for years to come.

malakas likes this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Freedom of speech protects persecution FROM government. Laws against discriminatory firings do not include politics.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed that he should have handled it quietly. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

And if anyone should apologize to China, he should be the one. It's his team. The buck stops with him. So ultimately he is responsible for whatever happened. He should have done that in private right away rather than throwing his own man under the bus in public. If he did that, the thing wouldn't have been blown out of proportion.

AroundTheWorld likes this.