1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Like many have said, this is not about Morey's politics or even the fact a majority of Americans agree with his position. It wouldn't matter if Morey tweeted his pro HK support if the Rockets weren't popular and had very little revenue in China. It only matters because Tilman is seeing his revenue shrinking because of the tweet.

allforone and D-rock like this.
  2. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

You are right.
    Basically what I’m trying to say is, that if anyone here still thinks Chinese TODAY, I mean TODAY are still grp of idiots brainwashed by govt and blindly believe everything, then they are fooled by their media (whether mainstream or private) in the first place.
    And often times, it wasn’t even mainstream. I still can recall the video clip they put on during Yao’s 1st draft pick. When the video went “(Yao Ming comes) from Shanghai”, they used a clip that’s not even the modern Shanghai but a random Chinese city clip probably from the 80s.
    I’m sure no one here would’ve even noticed that. But it is those tiny little twisted details that put sth inaccurate in your mind.
    Well whatever.

freyzhang and Icepiano like this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The same way the NFL didn't stand with Kaepernik for police killings of unarmed African-Americans

Velcromium and BaselineFade like this.
  4. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Well with all due respect, Yao doesn’t hv to gv up his daughter’s US Citizenship to “show his loyalty to ChiNeSe GovT”. That’s your perception of us.
    Neither do you guys hv the freedom to tell him to.
    EViL China don’t hv that rule. Always-Right US don’t hv that rule either.
    We respect Stephen Marbury. He can keep or discard his Chinese PR card. That’s his business. Nothing to do with Govt or Politics. I thought u guys were more Free and open minded than we do?
    I get ur sarcasm though. But nah it doesn’t work for us. Sorry buddy.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It’s not sarcasm, it’s a fact.

It’s also a fact that many of your corrupted officials, popular stars, rich people are pushing their kids to the western counties to get the higher education or living a better life or even just come here to have their kids born to directly gain the citizenship.

Do you know the housing business of looking after the pregnant women coming from China is huge here? Need more proof?

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

If Morey is fired, I’m OUT and will no longer support the Rockets.

Not because of I’m a Morey only fan, but because our team and possibly the NBA will have sold it’s soul to the devil.

I’m a native Houstonian and have followed the team since 1982 and will spend my hard earned dollars on other entertainment and not the Rockets if it bends to the whims of a communist country to make a few extra bucks.

Just because the people of China do not have a voice doesn’t mean we should suppress our freedoms of speech.

If Morey is let go or resigns, know dammed well this team is going to be in world of trouble once Harden/Westbrook ages out and or demands a trade.

The future path and direction of this franchise will be drastically altered for years to come.

7. matthappy

matthappy Member

free texas and we are standing behind it

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully apple pulls all their factories out of china. Samsung is out of China now. Definitely going to stick with the Note phones now.

9. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

If you are supporting the so-called HK freedom movement, take a look at this just one video taken by Toby Guu a freelance photographer who was recently in HK. Who received death threats after he posted his videos.

If this is the mentality of the mis-educated HK youths nowadays, it is best that there is no freedom in HK at all.

Their freedom is to allow zero freedom for others, including speech.

#89 soulsong999, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    leeallen and Icepiano like this.
  10. ryl

ryl Member

isn't that what freedom of speech is? You can say whatever you want but that doesn't mean other parties can't react in a negative manner to your stance/belief. So I agree... no one is in the wrong. China must appear strong and not waver when it comes to the HK issue. The Rockets are a for profit organization and they shouldn't be in the business of making political statements. It's unfortunate that the team will lose out on probably millions of investment revenue... I'm sure Fertita is absolutely livid

soulsong999 likes this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

BEIJING PROPAGANDIST ALERT

1. It all started because pro-Beijing thugs attacked civilians in a subway stations and the police did nothing about it. There have also been several attacks by pro-Beijing supporters on young people and the police have been reluctant to initiate investigation. People have no choice but to resort to violence to protect the young people.

2. All HK people ask for are free lections and respect for civil liberties as promised by Beijing before the handover. There have been thousands of peaceful protests calling for democracy in the last 22 years and the government has ignore every single one of them, causing many people to escalate their action,

12. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

I support HK gov and police. Beware of me!!!:D

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You should renounce your US citizenship, sell your house in California and move to Beijing if you love your country so much.

stanlam301, dockerland and tinman like this.
  14. txn

txn Member

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

On Sunday, the NBA released its statement: “We recognize that the views expressed by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey have deeply offended many of our friends and fans in China, which is regrettable.”

“We have great respect for the history and culture of China and hope that sports and the NBA can be used as a unifying force to bridge cultural divides and bring people together,” it continued.

Immediately, politicians on both sides of the aisle took to social media.

https://apple.news/ATw2ebDVvQFaxLoQAtA6Xzw

16. Rocketsdreamer

17. dischead

dischead Member

Do you guys hate the French government too? You know riots have been happening there for well over a year? Or do you just hate who your media tells you to hate?

sirbaihu, malakas and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

To be fair Hornets legend Tony Parker recently retired. Maybe after Rudy Gobert gets more famous, and wins another DOPY.

19. kevtse

kevtse Member

ohoh...ddos attack from China incoming

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ashleyem likes this.