1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Morey is fired over this, I'm out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Oct 6, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The choice of where the flow of the latter goes, that is freedom too.

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

When do sports as a distraction and extension of ourselves take a backseat to the basic decency we want our children to learn from?

Der Rabbi, malakas and Roomba like this.
  3. HAYJON02

What else matters? What does that look like? I offer questions, not answers.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I feel exactly the same. I’m a Chinese Rockets fan living in US. Although I applaud his bravery and honesty, I don’t think Morey realized the consequences of his tweet. It put all parties involved in an awkward position.

CBA has made the official announcement. And now Chinese sponsors have started withdrawing sponsorship. I think Morey will have to apologize, deservedly or not.

Easy and Roomba like this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

There are so many dominoes that are going to happen over this catastophe.

Daryl Morey being an arrogant boaster on Twitter only, can cost the Rockets a Championship this season.
    His arrogance is the most annoying about him, cant you learn from Jeff Luhnow and not use Twitter. Only use it for Transactions only instead of your dumb thoughts.

Adam Silver is so angry at the Rockets that they guaranteed to lose in the playoffs and get rigged.

No way in Hell Rockets make it to the Finals without Rockets Games Not Televised in China

Lakers or Clippers are going to the Finals no doubt now and these next 4 years is useless to watch now.

Cant afford Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, P.J Tucker and all traded off for nothing.

James Harden wants to be traded after everyone is gone.

Lastly Daryl Morey being fired.

When CBA comes back on TV in China, the Rockets are going to be a lottery team in 3 years.

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Just to be clear, the Chinese government isn't my government. But they do have the ability to take away any legal way I have of watching the games, which totally, totally sucks. But we have two weeks before the start of the season. Anything could happen. And it couldn't possibly get WORSE, right?

MorningZippo likes this.
  7. HAYJON02

You watch a lot of ESPN. The way you emphasize each sentence by giving each its own paragraph shows a desire for attention. Your predictions are interesting, but the over-emotional word choice prevents me from connecting with your take.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I messing with ya, I am Jon Snow I know nuthin'. Just wishing each and everyone would get theirs, trying to be fair in a world of injustice.

Morey is a decent guy.
    China is not the rogue country many think it is, at least not no 1.

Roomba likes this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply that.

To be honest though, this was a ticking time bomb with the way China’s relationships with the rest of the west has been progressing. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and you can still watch the games.

Roomba likes this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Pride based concepts of self identity such as nationalism are incredibly deranged. For one, no one chose where, when, or to whom they were born.

11. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Tilman is going to do DM like he did Chris Paul. Be cool with him until it’s time to cut bait.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly

Plowman likes this.
  13. HAYJON02

Yeah, my wife thinks it's lame how fired up I am right now. Sorry for selling you short. Sarcasm and irony create so many barriers. Cynicism is not a solution, but it makes a wonderful coping mechanism.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea but the problem is a guy got blackballed because a part of the fan base, and the establishment didn't like what he was protesting. It's also a perfect example of why the US isnt so awesome at times.

I just the same folks mad at Tilman for checking Morey for his protest, also support others protest like Kaepernik

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I can't believe Morey would wrote something like that. EVERYBODY knows there is a difference between the Chinese government and the US government, one is a communist and the other is democracy. This is why EVEN the NBA is stressing that through sports, not politics that we can bridge this gap and relationship. And now you want to burn this bridge through sports as well, the ONLY channel? Really Morey? You're a moron! Living in America, I know everybody is pro-HK in the Western world because they support democracy. But HK ain't a part of the Western world once it got handed back to China. And so they should stay out of it and let China decide to sort things out, they're powerful enough to handle themselves. If their ruling is so bad, how did they end up being #2 economy in the world? Obviously, IT IS WORKING! By supporting the demonstration, it is seen as an interference to the sovereignty of China. China don't want democracy anymore than US don't want communist. Forcing one into another is like trying to erase one's culture for another, that ain't ever going to work.

Going forward, I don't know how they will handle Morey's situation. They either need to get rid of him and re-establish the fan base and relationship or risk of losing a lot of money (you're talking about fans, companies and players relationship as well). Not just that, but the NBA ITSELF use the Rockets mostly as a symbol of that bridge. This is a sad news for both sides.

16. mms

mms Member

Morey has to go. If that tweet was crap like make Rox great again.. or stand with my president, he is loooong gone. go figure..

If he felt really that strong of HK freedom, why deleted the tweet? Silver or Fertitta hacked his account?

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I've always looked at basketball as being removed from "real life", so to speak. Escapism through three pointers and eurosteps.

I don't have any better answer to your question, I think the problem with being on a forum filled with people more intelligent than myself is that I often find myself lacking when the conversation shifts away from "Oh the Rockets are doing pretty good, eh?"

But I'm going to be thinking about this for a while.

HAYJON02 likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No he doesn't. You do.

I stand with Daryl Morey. And if Fertitta doesn't have his back, he doesn't understand who the real fans of the Houston Rockets are. If he doesn't have Morey's back on this, he is dead to me.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's not a possibility. The damage is done. Can only move forward now.

20. HAYJON02

An American one?