1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The positives of China hating us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Now that China hates us and has ended their relationship with the Rockets, can our Nike "CITY EDITION" uniforms actually represent something from our CITY opposed to Chinese lettering?

If so, thats a win in my book.

Free Hong Kong

I'm all for the Houston Rockets returning to be a Houston team.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Free Hong Kong

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets been doing so much pandering towards China that they forgot about the fanbase that’s been there from day 1...this is the Houston Rockets

we finally got a ketchup and mustard jersey, something that the people have been begging for, after how many years? Smh, and it’s just an alternate that the team will wear from time to time this season. Meanwhile, we’re getting a new China edition and snapbacks with Chinese symbols on them every year.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China is the drunk abusive guy who intimidates and beats his wife (the Chinese people) and has them so browbeat that they blame themselves for their own beatings.

And since they have established these patterns of behaviors in their own home, they think they can treat everybody else the same way.

If the Chinese people think they love their abuser, fine but to me, preventing the drunk mentally ill abuser from treating the rest of the world like their punching bag, too, is more important than cashing their checks.

I'm sure it sucks for all the people suckling at the Chinese teat, maybe if they were paying me enough I'd "stand by my man" but as someone who isnt being paid, I don't want to allow them think that treating me and the rest of the world like their beaten and abused Stockholm Syndrome suffering wife is acceptable behavior.

NickKent, topinjs, jjc1 and 9 others like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m not sure Morey is GM this time next week but nothing he said should be seen as offensive.

Tilman proved a few things this offseason 1) he cares about attention with his book tour and blockbuster trade 2) he talks too much as he proved with his response to Daryl and the MDA situation. 3) he is still avoiding the luxury tax while saying he’s not. as seen by letting Shump walk and not expanding the Russ deal. The nene contract situation was interesting and maybe hints that he would atleast consider the tax for the right trade .

If he fires Morey I’m done with him.

also this move by China solidified that there is oppression if they are this afraid of minor dissent. ESPN banning a football club because the owner stands against Trump.

#5 treyk3, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty free at last!

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sorry but HongKong belongs to China right? Is it China internal affairs? Why so many people want to be world police? You guys act like Hongkong was enslaved by China for over 100years...Lol

Take care of your own business! Chinese people know what they want. They don’t need foreign people tell them to do what!

pippsux, mikeshinoda, kaden and 2 others like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Regardless with the current affair, this has always been a letdown to me.
    As a foreigner it has been a pleasure to discover aspects of far away american cities and local cultures through the nba.
    New Orleans, Utah , LAL, NYK, Miami, Atlanta etc. They get uniforms that reflect the local identity and inspire me to look up the history etc

But I have had zero chance to see anything Houstonian by the Rockets.

Only a chinese tablecloth every year.

Andre0087 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  9. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I’m already done with him. I fully expect him to fire Morey, he knows how big the Chinese market is here. Wouldn’t be surprised if he changed every jersey we have to Chinese lettering. And since he knows that and he’s a greedy hothead, expect him to do some drastic bs.

10. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Hong Kong people know what they want, too.

Hope you guys understand that you've basically destroyed any chance of Taiwan willingly "returning to the fold".

Der Rabbi, Handles, cmlmel77 and 10 others like this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

WTH? China is the one acting world police here. Morey is an American citizen who enjoys freedom of speech and is entitled to his opinion and this is entirely the internal affair of the US. You commies should mind your own business and GTFO.

Handles, jjc1, joshuaao and 10 others like this.
  12. meh

meh Contributing Member

On the negative side, Fertila will probably require all of clutch fans to eat at both Landrys and del frisco before he ponders going into the luxury tax

CometsWin and Kim like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why do you always ignore the fact:
    Hongkong belongs to China!

You are just a pathetic hater!

Icepiano likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Farewell Morey. You had a good run.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Why are you ignoring that Morey belongs to USA? Arent there enough Chinese that you can tell how to think?

CometsWin, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why do you always ignore the fact:
    Daryl Morey belongs to the Houston Rockets

You are just a pathetic hater!

Yung-T, kevtse and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lol hong kong has always been a chinese city, on chinese territory. This would be the equivalent of dallas saying they want to follow their own laws tomorrow or be their own country. Obviously you wouldnt get that though since you are a little hillbilly that probably didnt graduate high school

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Daryl should be in prison

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I’m already tired of all this China stuff

Fertitta better not fire his greatest asset

KDavis, tinman, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The positives from this is what myself and others have been saying for a long time. Morey needs to stfu. Maybe now he will. Tilman too. This doesn't just hurt the rockets, it affects the NBA in general. The league already hates Houston, and this makes it worse.

Even School teachers have ethic codes to where they aren't supposed to be seen at bars drinking publicly etc. Morey should have known better than to tweet something like this, but this has been allowed. No GM tweets as much as DM.

With Harden and Westbrook being locked in and them having so much pull in regards to getting players to come to Houston, Tilman probably will consider firing him. I hope not. But it might be best for the Rockets. People already didn't like Morey/Rockets before this happened, and I'm certain he rubbed the league the wrong way just recently with how he constructed Nene's contract.