1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good. Now the entire world hates us. China was the one hold out.

rbenavides01 and heypartner like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is comical and sad.

What those morons trying is not only to limit their own people on what they can say and think, but they believe others in this whole world should follow also.

And always, they are the ones that actually afraid of powers and only believe powers can resolve everything.

Hey, Nancy Pelosi put in a legislation to support Hong Kong also, do something and cut off all the links and suspend all the visas between US and China you p***y.

3. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Lol I don't care about any of this

Maybe we'll be the ones catered to again

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

i love this! It just just show stupid and disconnected from reality many on the left are. It also confirms trumps reelection.

Normal sane humans are sick of the idiocy

J-rizzle and MorningZippo like this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have just a couple of questions:

Does anyone know the impact this will have on the organization financially? I'm just curious.

Does anyone know how this will affect our future ability to spend over the luxury tax line?

Is it too soon to start asking these questions? I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just concerned.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are going to find those Chinese worded Rockets jersey on clearance for 5 bucks in TJ Max very soon.

That’s the only impact you will see.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

The 1st question is something I’d love to have a definitive answer on as well. We got people acting like the Rockets will become the Pelicans without China :rolleyes:.

I’ve also wondered if Rockets sponsors will start getting negatively affected in a major way in China as well.

HP3, ECHKG and BaselineFade like this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I just call Mattress Mack to confirm your concerns, and his reply is follow :

LOL

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That's a heck of a point. I'm sure that the Chinese government can and will pressure Chinese companies to drop all sponsorship related to the Rockets, and potentially the entire NBA. Harden alone would lose tens of millions.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since when Harden owns Alibaba or Huawei?

11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Nowadays, everything is so sensitive...
    I have been a fan of Rockets since Yao, and I have remained as a sincere Rockets fan even after Yao..
    Rockets is kinda of Home team for China, for Chinese... Yao still connects Rockets and China very Well..
    It is sad that this happened, and I don't think Yao would ever want this to happen, because this just puts him in a very awkward situation...
    So Sad for someone like DM would do something like this to harm everyone being a part of this organization..

and being a Chinese, I want to remind those people who criticize China for its democracy or CPC, you need to understand:
    in all global events, China has made its standing clear that China is always seeking for peace, never extended its hand to other countries especially far west. While US had always been spying on China with Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, etc. China has gotta no issue defending its own territory. Imagine China disturbing US all the time with its war ships cruising around Hawaii, it would be seen disgusting as well.

Don't judge the democracy of China, looking how the country is development through the years. If you got a Party that working 100% for the country and its citizens, people got a safe country to live in and people got money to spend on all those things that were in accessible just half a century ago. Why you have problem with it? Why you have different opinion about it? For those people who think that they have been pressed/punished by the Party, i think they deserve it, because their intention is to make riot out of the peaceful world.

For anyone or any country that they want to mess up with China, one thing is remember that Chinese is strong enough now to protect itself from any outside harms, both mentally and economically. and remember Wars/fights always harms both rivals. China does not want to fight anybody, but they don't fear to take up any fight.

#51 kyle7758521, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    heypartner, ilovehtownbb and dlite316 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

take this for example

AntPool, a Chinese cryptocurrency and Bitcoin mining company, announced its official sponsorship of the Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 NBA season.

The company plans to expand into the U.S. market through Houston. The company has pointed to the city's population growth, economy and business-friendly regulations when considering where to develop their American footprint.

"As far as professional sports teams go, the Houston Rockets are legendary across the globe and what better way to continue the momentum of our U.S. expansion than partnering with the prolific Houston Rockets basketball club, the No. 1 team in China," said Haijiao Li, AntPool overseas operations manager, in a statement posted on Facebook.

AntPool, a subsidiary of Bitmain Technologies, is a global leader in digital currency transactions and will host an exhibition inside the Toyota Center on January 19 through their Rockets' deal.

ain’t no way that partnership is continuing

Harden is the face of Adidas basketball, so no more Harden in China now?

I’ve been wanting to know for years just how big the Chinese impact is on this organization just so I can know if my belief that it’s overstated is true or not

Gray_Jay and BaselineFade like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Never bring politics with sports!

Morey did a stupid thing!

14. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Morey hurt broke boi Tilmans pockets and we should all be grateful! What a apex move to drag your nuts all over bosses face and have him THANK you for it. Incredible

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ef China!

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

One tweet and this is their response. Censoring asses. Ef em

17. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LMFAO

That state run media is strong as f**k.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

For as much oppression and organ harvesting that they do they sure are a sensitive bunch

20. malakas

malakas Member

You don't have a democracy in China, for us to judge. You have communistic absolutistic regime.
    If you always lived in China you haven't even felt a single moment of real democracy and freedom.

China is operating concentration camps for the Ughyurs, is imprisoning people forever without trials, is harvesting the organs of prisoners and many more.
    Just because these happen to Chinese people I shouldn't care?