1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The amazing thing about this ancient game is the fact that there are some very popular tv shows that appeared around this time that didn't last anywhere near as long.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Its still the most popular MMO above final fantasy xiv and elder scrolls online

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wished they would make a decent TV show out of it.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I haven't played the game in years but I heard that it had started becoming a bit of a mess recently which is why they decided to release WoW Classic. That apparently got some more subscriptions for them, anyway.

5. Buck Turgidson

Never played the game but I'm thankful it exists because it gave us one of the greatest South Park episodes ever.

"How can you kill that which has no life?"

daywalker02 and likestohypeguy like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are living up to your moniker.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I never could get into this one. I liked Ultima Online and wish there was something more modern like that (ie in early days true wild west with a huge player base). Like could just straight up pk, and while there were ramifications, it was so much more exciting to have the thrill of losing or winning it all (item wise) against other players in pvp (as soon as they left the safety of town). I only played when it was legit uo, way before it tried to basically copy WoW/EQ and do an awful job at it.

Don't get me wrong I think if people like WoW that's perfectly fine and blizzard has certainly produced some great games (I mainly loved diablo and of course their rts games), but Ultima was honestly the closest rush to straight up gambling. I don't know what it was but when you're rolling with insane gear and had skills but could still lose everything or even get stuff stolen from you it was always the most exciting.

On a side note I like playing cards (mainly poker), so maybe that's why I enjoyed Ultima. I Tried moving on to WoW but never got into it. Regardless, once Ultima tried to basically copy WoW/EQ and others I was out.

I'm Decent at cards and keep a spreadsheet, but the nice thing on Ultima is I was only losing intangible items (but I still liked the risk), in poker there's always ups and downs but if you're staying positive overall I'd say that's a good thing, and in Ultima I was way up, I basically sold my accounts
    for money on ebay. It didn't cover the investment in time but I sure as hell enjoyed the pvp scene and was quite honestly surprised people would pay actual money for my account (this was way before micro transaction gaming so maybe that's why I was surprised). I pretty much refuse to pay micro transactions ie pay to play/win. I'll gladly subscribe to a service or buy games to support devs but never liked that stuff.

Sorry for the Tl;Dr, I'm glad people are having fun with wow

8. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

If you liked Ultima Online then Legend of Aria is your game. It's essentially UO2. I haven't played in a couple months but i often see update emails from them. Worth a look if you haven't played.