1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michelle Margaux appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Tall and white brah.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yessir!!!

Air Canada likes this.
  3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Weird looking couple

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Crane and Tilman are too cheap! Pay the Woman!!

One of Clutchfans talking points

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Now that's just mean :(

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I liked when she would ask us to vote on a multi-choice Rockets Twitter question every game.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

"Do you feel as good as you look?"

michelle was wanting some bbc

8. SemisolidSnake

I just spent most of an Astros season with her filling in here and there. When it comes to the Astros sideline work, she was never going to be up to Julia levels of greatness. However, I legitimately liked her postgame shows with Mike Stanton more than any other combination they put out there. She didn't know the game inside and out, but she asked good prompting questions to Mike, who does, and I thought it led to some of the best analyses after games. Props to her for that; I wasn't expecting it. And she was nice to look at and a good dresser, too.

Good luck, Michelle, wherever you go.

RustyHarden likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Being in Houston and covering the Astros.

RustyHarden, Fyreball and Nook like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Being somewhere else and not covering the Texans

#90 bobrek, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’d rather cover Gerald Green than Roberto Osuna.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Random industry side note, but as someone that enjoys both teams and has done both, I disagree.

Not everyone appreciates just what a grind baseball coverage is. For a standard 7 p.m. game, you realistically have to be there at 3 p.m., since clubhouses open at 3:30 and that's typically your best chance to talk individually to players or coaches. Then you have the game that lasts until at least 10, often longer than that, and by the time you talk to players and do interviews... it's usually 11 p.m. before you can even think about leaving (and that's for a TV job where you don't have to write a postgame story... obviously it's even longer if you're a writer).

And then you're typically back to do it all again the very next day, since most homestands involve at least 3 consecutive games and often somewhere between 6 and 10 (maybe with an off day if you're lucky).

For a typical 7 p.m. NBA start, nothing happens until the coach's pregame media session at 5:15, and then the locker rooms open up about 5:45. The games are usually done by 9:20 ish, and postgame interviews done by 10:00. And typically you only have 3 or 4 games in a week, tops.

I love baseball and the Astros, and think the world of the reporters who cover it on a daily basis... but it is an absolute grind. Give me the NBA as a media member.

(Football is my least favorite — there are so few games that everything is oversaturated. Plus, based on that demand, the NFL has way more restrictive rules on media access. Oh, and there's also the Texans factor.)

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Meh …. I don't care if she's gone .... didn't think she was all that hot or that her interviews were all that great either , just the obvious softball questions.

Sayonara.

jcee15 and pippendagimp like this.
  14. TheSource

TheSource Member

First Shelby now Michelle..... :(