1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We still need a big 3/4 swingman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truer words never spoken. Damn.

Julius Randle is the man. Not just there, but he's gonna be a perennial All Star. And, Knox is eventually more of a four....Those guys should be for the most part...untouchable...at the moment..

So, looking at Portis, Morris, and, Gibson....

#41 Plowman, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Any of those guys would be great.

Plowman and fattz like this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Orlando maybe a place to shop at, too.

D-rock likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Imagine if Rockets lose to Clippers in G7 of western conference finals next season, just because we do not have any good forward...

leebigez and RichieBanks like this.
  5. Bobby Jackson Rules

I bought 2k20 and played for about 5 hours today. Do not having any true PF might be the most biggest problem of this team. As MDA said, defensive rebound is the key for next season, and we still give PF minutes to SF guys? This might hurt us man.

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

It’s funny because we were always so stacked at the 4

Sanity2disChaos and Plowman like this.
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

GIve me Portis, by a mile.

Sanity2disChaos, BMoney and Plowman like this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Since when did video games determine how we're going to fare?

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't understand why Morey and Tilman didn’t sign any good SF/PF.

All of those championship teams have elite forward!! Look at Raptors last season.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they probably have a trade for blake griffin midseason lined up

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same with Orlando, too many 4's.

fattz likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

Bold call.

withmustard likes this.
  13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Any offseason vids of Anthony Bennett?

JuNx likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Analytics doesnt take into account mental issues like mental midgetism, anxiety, lack of self-confidence, yips and whatever the hell Anderson is going through. When Morey's analytics valued him Anderson was 18 ppg Ryno not his current alter ego Mr. 0-fer Scrubberson.

withmustard and ak99999 like this.
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, he's not worth close to 20 million now. Factor in the mental midgetism, anxiety, lack of self-confidence and yips and he's probably lost 80% of his perceived value. The solution....pay him 90% less and waive him if he doesn't produce. I'm not comparing Melo's game to Ryno, but they are in the same situation right now with the Rockets. Sign with the Rockets and hope it's a good fit, or your career is over. Either way it's at no risk to the Rockets.

I'm not expecting Anderson to save our season, and chances are he may mentally never recover. He is worth a relatively free look though. We're taking the same low risk approach with Bennett and I even hear whispers of Raymond Felton. Anderson is a worthwhile gamble at this point. Anderson is like that 500 to 1 bet you take that you think you're going to lose, but you're okay with it because of the risk/reward ratio.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Portis or Gibson would be great, but w ho are you going to give up? Capela?

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

While everyone wishes for Iggy. I'm over here hoping that both sides remain stubborn and we get another shot at a player we should have never let go. Honestly I'd offer a second rounder for him now and hope it gets it done. He's on a very team friendly contract.

[​IMG]

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. He would definitely fit the bill.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

You don't get it. There are people who have value at vet min and there are those who aren't. Gerald Green for example is a good Vet Min player. He doesnt complain about not getting PT, he always plays hard and give 100%. So he puts MDA in a great position cuz MDA can play him and if he is on, then he plays like a star and if he is off, at least he tried hard out there so the team didnt lose much. Like on the times he was off you look at his +/- it'll be -2 or something because he was trying out there.

OTH Scrubberson's only value as an NBA player is his shooting, he is extremely unathletic, a defensive sieve and can't rebound if his life depended on it. So if he is on he is worth 20M, but if his shot isnt falling he is like one of the worst players in the league. That doesnt make him a good vet min because he can win (sometimes) or lose (often) you the game the time he is in the floor.

For example MDA puts him on the floor for 15 mins, but the Scrub is sensitive AF due to low PT and moping on the floor. He misses the 2 shots he takes, gets crossed over by Steph Curry multiple times and allows Draymond to go on a career high 20 pt 15 reb night. By the time MDA yanks him he is like -10 +/- and the Rox are already in a hole.

If you don't believe me look at G7 Rox vs GSW 2018. Both Gerald Green and Scrubberson were off GG was 1/7 and Scrub was 0/0. Guess what GG was +12 and Scrub was -12 in 8 mins. That's why Scrubberson isnt a good vet min cuz if he isnt scoring you are gonna be put in a hole in just a few mins.

withmustard likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree.

I honestly don't understand Morey's model he finds good players but keeps dumping them for no discernible reason. Bruno was beasting for us in SL he got dumped but we kept Vincent Edwards and Chris Choizza lmao. Same thing happened with Robert Covington we coulda had him on the cheap let him go and we needed scrubs like MCW later on to fill the 3nD spot.