1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Thabo Sefolosha

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 20, 2019.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Prime.

Roc Paint and banzai like this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

James, Russ. . . and now Sefolosha.
    Where's Ibaka?

[​IMG]

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean, it's a great signing for the vet minimum. If Thabo can provide solid minutes on the wing for Gerald Green's minutes that is a win for us. I'm certainly not expecting him to be anywhere near the defensive player he used to be but having a smart rotation guy who isn't going to play a part in blowing a lead in a few minutes will help us preserve our top 6 or 7 guys over a long season...just understand that Thabo at this point will never be better than 7th or 8th guy on the team in minutes unless we have injury problems.

Bengchu and D-rock like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hells yeah! Now clint’s got another Swiss cheese on his team. We just need Mbaha mute to be legit winter soldier to come back in a big way. We got some length to counter the PG13s, Leonard’s, and lebrons.

Length lineup:

Chandler
    Bennet
    Sefalosha
    Moute
    Westbrook

Everyone except Chandler can hit a 3.

#104 banzai, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Wing defender with long and quick hands who fits the need for that type to play the switching defense we play is always a bonus.All he needs to do is replace Shumpert role and all is good.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I really hope Westbrook and Harden approached him like this...

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Ok cool, now please get some people who can run in transition too.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You want brewer?? lol

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He should be okay for the vet's minimum, with his defense. Unfortunately, he isn't a shooter by any means.

10. junk151

junk151 Member

I’d be worry if everybody was 31 and Harden, Westbrook, Gordon and Capela were 37.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey finally got his hands on Sefolosha after 13 years. He said he would have drafted him, not Gay, if the Battier trade didn't come through.

Roc Paint, Jontro and heypartner like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey never stops trying to get players he wanted.

Roc Paint and Easy like this.
  13. bmd

bmd Member

??? Over the past 8 seasons he averages 37% from 3. Last season he shot 43% from 3. The pst 2 seasons his TS% is 59%. His free throw percentage is 75%.

For comparison, Ariza over he past 8 seasons shot 36% from 3. He shot 33% last season from 3, and his TS% over the past two seasons is 55%. His free throw percentage over the past several seasons is about 79%.

But to be fair, Ariza does attempt about twice as many 3’s as Sefolosha when putting their minutes on an equal basis. Also to be fair, the Rockets attempt way more 3’s than other teams.

Deuce likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

U must have mistaken him for andre roberson

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I feel like the roster is really balanced now. Still a little weak in the forward department but it is so much better than last year.

4 veteran guards that can be counted on - Westbrook, Harden, Rivers and Gordon
    4 good forwards - PJ, House, Thabo and Green
    4 Centers who can hold their own - Capela, Chandler, Nene and Hartenstein

House has to take a step to stay in the rotation.

Hartenstein and Clark will have to take a step to stay on the roster.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with the last two spots. My vote goes to Bennett and McLemore bc they provide some versatility and I want to see what they can do if they get minutes.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Bennett has talent and a very nice shooting stroke and can dominate the G-league and Summer leagues but that shouldn’t come as a surprise. He’s so much more gifted than 99 percent of the players in those leagues. The problem with Bennett is that when things get even remotely challenging, his inner child and lack of desire surfaces. Morey should be applauded for taking a flyer on low risk high reward type players like Bennet, but he’s on a short leash. If Bennett is able to provide anything of value, I’m sure Morey would be highly surprised. Realistically, like other project players like Bruno Coboclo, Bennett will likely get cut sometime between now and December. I hope I’m wrong though...

#117 Elephant810, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I think it's safe to say that iguodola is not joining the team one week before shanghai!? LOL

It would take a miracle and not ruling out a miracle! Still surprised that Thebo 'nypd holding tank' Sefolosha joined the team, but just another over-rated loser until proven otherwise.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

I hope your wrong to cause Caboclo has turned out to be a good player a serviceable nba body.

20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Did I mention Iggy? This is the 2nd time you’ve taken a snip it of my post and twisted it for yourself. Stop it.