1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden being sued for mansion party

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 13, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wouldn't be summer without Harden being sued! ;)
    photographer for a broken finger
    tossed phone
    MMJr

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/12/james-harden-sued-party-house-beverly-hills-houston-rockets/

James Harden is being sued by a man who claims the NBA star LIED to his face about how he intended to use a MASSIVE $30 mil Beverly Hills mansion ... claiming The Beard turned his spot into a party house!

The man behind the suit is George Santo Pietro who owns a 14,500-square-foot estate in the heart of Beverly Hills ... 8 bedrooms, 10 baths, gym, spa, wine cellar, pool, etc.

Santo Pietro claims Harden signed a contract to use the home as a vacation rental for 1 week starting August 11, 2019 ... paying $82,200 for the stay.

But, Santo Pietro says there was specific language in the rental contract saying Harden could not have any more than 7 adults on the premises at any one time.

A larger gathering would be considered a "party" -- and Santo Pietro says he typically charges $150,000 for big events on the property.

In his suit, Santo Pietro says Harden agreed to the deal -- but threw at least TWO parties anyway with more than 15 people at the house.

Santo Pietro claims the property was damaged during the parties and neighbors are pissed -- and he wants Harden to fork over AT LEAST $300,000 to cover the usual party fee he charges.

Santo Pietro also claims Harden KNEW he would be throwing the parties before signing the contract and knowingly lied to Santo Pietro's face. He's also suing for punitive damages for fraud.

Santo Pietro claims he tried to work things out with the Houston Rockets superstar privately, but Harden wouldn't play ball ... so he filed his lawsuit.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, pay the man his money.

DD

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Bet there were a lot of women in that party. Anyone go to his party?

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It be like that sometimes. None to see here

#4 cheke64, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I was there. Harden autographed my forehead!

We were drinking pool water and pissing in our pants.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gotta be hard when you're a recognizable icon. Everyone is going to want to extort as much as possible out of you in every interaction.

I think the dude shoots himself in the foot that says he'd typically charge $150K for that large of a party - but wants $300K in damages plus more for fraud. Good luck! (Though I'm sure Harden can spend $150K the same way I spend $150.)

roslolian, BallSoHarden and Patience like this.
  7. Handles

Handles Member

Someone didn't get invited.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is the finesse gawd!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

82K for a week rental...

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

In before "Harden looks fat"

alethios and RyanB like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This whole thing sounds fishy.

“It’s in the contract.”

Haren had 15 people over...

“Harden knew.”

15 people in a mansion that size really isn’t a lot of people. The guy made it sound like there were hundreds of uncontrollable people.

If neighbors were pissed, and it bothers you... then stop renting out a mansion in the heart of Hollywood.

This really isn’t a big deal...

I know Harden has made an ungodly amount of money but $300,000 for one week is completely insane.... that is like 16-17 million over the course of a year.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

bruh, Harden's gonna be broke after he retires. He seriously needs to take it easy and settle down with a non-celebrity girl.

14. Nook

Nook Member

That guys name sounded familiar... he is Vanna White’s ex-husband and used to do “B” movies.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

+1 Oreo cookie.

Be interesting to read the actual text of the lease agreement and civil petition.

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Just as long as he stays away from the Kardashian family. I never knew succubi actually existed in the real world, and I was married for 15 years.

17. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

In Beverly Hills. Probably came with a staff. Just a few more amenities, and infinitely fewer noise complaints than partying at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

All that ass, t*tties and silky smooth skin... Probably tried to join the fun but was rejected...

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden is going to retire with half a billion in a earnings. If all he does is rent he’ll be fine.

It’s buying things that gets you broke. That and baby mommas

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

15 people in an 8 bedroom mansion sounds pretty reasonable to me

s3ts and D-rock like this.