1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Succession

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Jul 18, 2018.

1. omgTHEpotential

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

2. Fantasma Negro

I tried watching this show when it first aired and it bored, I got to episode three. Then I read someone describe the show as addicting so I thought, maybe I missed it, after all it took four episodes for me to get into GOT. I saw that there was a succession mini marathon on hbo 2 yesterday so I thought I'd catch up and then watch the finale, I couldn't make it through episode 5, I'm done. The show is dull and pedantic. There was so much promise early on and then it seems like the writer got distracted with something else. I'm upset that I won't get the collective 4 and a half hours of my life I wasted trying to like this show, it sucks.

3. Fantasma Negro

It started off really good, probably too good and there was no way it could stay that hot. In their attempt to blur the lines to give open up plot possibilities they over tinkered and it messed the continuity up and in the end there was no way to fix it so they ended it the way they did. I'd still give it a 7/10, but episodes 1-6 10/10 imo

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can agree with this

Rocket River

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I gave it to the end of the season, but I probably won't watch it further. Even the one likable character early on, Greg, has turned into a gigantic blackmailing douchebag.

There are no redeeming qualities to any of the characters, it is basically a "rich people are obviously evil" anti-capitalism marathon. Plenty of rich people do great things, even those that come from horrible families. If they wanted to make it an anti-hero series, they've done a terrible job of it. Showtime's "Billions" is a similar premise, and a much better show.

All of the characters go on and on about how terrible their father is, when they are just as terrible. It is exhausting.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Billions is better

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

Yeah I think I gave it such a long rope (4 and a half episodes) because of how awesome Billions is, it would've been nice to have another competent corporate drama

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So I decided to catch up on season 2 in the background while working.

I think its getting worse.

It's "well done", but the story line is so completely un-relate-able to basically anyone, and frankly, they have to make it go off the deep in terms of super rich powerful person craziness to make "something happen" ... but it's just so crazy.

I think they had something mid-way through season 1, but its veered the wrong way.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I dont get all the criticism. It's literally classified as an American comedy. I appreciate all the dark humor.

GRENDEL, Mkieke and theimpossibles1 like this.
  10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm really enjoying it. Season one was better than season 2 as the dynamics have changed and I don't care about Logan that much but I'm still enjoying it.

11. theimpossibles1

Last 4 episodes of s1 were very strong. I laughed quite hard about a certain 'swallowing' scene.

@Svpernaut if you don't like the show, why do you feel the need to repeatedly post about it? Try letting people make their own minds instead of forcing your opinion down their throat.

TexasTofu likes this.
  12. theimpossibles1

Really enjoyed yesterdays episode.

Looking forward to seeing how Kendall's 'incident' comes back to fu** the deal. Dude literally sh*t the bed. Great writing, lol.

TexasTofu and Jayzers_100 like this.
  13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

should have stayed as a 1 season show imo.

still gonna watch the 2nd one though

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I still love this show in season 2, we've really enjoyed this season maybe even more than the first.....

TexasTofu and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

"I actually go by Gregory now'

theimpossibles1 and GRENDEL like this.
  16. val_modus

val_modus Member

2nd half of season 1 will be hard to top. Still, this is quietly one of the best shows on TV. You hate every single character, yet still love all their flaws. Some of the best zinger lines in television history on an weekly basis.

TexasTofu and fallenphoenix like this.
  17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

"Jeepers ****ing creepers, what a **** pinata."

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I started watching early in the week and I don't like any of the characters, but I can't stop watching. Kendall was a lot less likable when he was sober and that finale in season 1 was insane. I have almost caught up to where I can watch week to week. I like it because most people think corporate families are pieces of **** and this show proves it.

finalsbound likes this.
  19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Read up on Robert and Ghislaine Maxwell. Truth is stranger than fiction.

20. theimpossibles1

Lol. That has to be the most 'millenial' comment ever made.

You realize this show is not a documentary, right?