1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Remix

Remix Member

When will this team/coaching staff learn? What do all of those last minute losses have in common? This pathetic play not to lose prevent conservative ass football

0-4 playing to not lose.....only to lose

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

NFL Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1: https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#article-1.-dead-ball-declared

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

(d) when a runner declares himself down by:

1. falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort to advance.
    There were 2 seconds left and the refs knew they were immediately calling a TO if downed in bounds. Clock does not run out on that play.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He doesn’t hate gays or anyone else for that matter.

However, he would love them a whole lot more if they remembered they’re actually straight.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Memo to Deshaun Watson: You can't win with this team unless you score on literally the last play of the game. Do better next time, chump.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you believe child slavery is evil? If someone disagrees with you, would you say "tis just a disagreement?".

There are some things if someone advocates for such as genocide, child abuse etc, there is no room for disagreement. If people disagree that child abuse is wrong they should be verbally condemned.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anybody else let down a little with Justin Reids tackling tonight? I mean he made the tackles, just didn't hit stick anyone like he has last year.

7. conquistador#11

This is when booger goes tony romo and calls out the Texans' blunder, which we've all seen way too often in these situations. Brees then audibles the rest is history another performance by Watson erased. Booger "It's just too easy"

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Not only that but they traded UP to get him.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

They have some stuff to clean up for sure but this is not the same Texans from a few years ago. They have a QB and he makes a huge difference. They just went toe to toe with one of the best offenses in the league on the road. If they keep playing like they played tonight, they will win the division and host a playoff game again. Maybe even a bye. it's a 17 week season. They were not going to go 16-0. Some good teams are 0-1 tonight. They will learn from this. If not, then the coach will probably be gone.

#1089 Nimo, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    jcf and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It’s crazy. I’m wondering if those bottom 2 corners blew the coverage. You can see they are playing press on the top. Was Joseph getting too cute? I think I’ve seen him slack off of receivers and give up important short passes a lot throughout his time here.

12. Buck Turgidson

LOL, I just rewatched the last few drives.

He not only got blown off the line (maybe he didn't hear the snap count?), his hands were then all over the guys facemask and then when that failed he tried to hold him. He got beat so bad he couldn't even tackle the guy.

Nook likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Steering this thread into an argument about gay conversion therapy has made it 10000000% more readable than it was about the Texans.

You're all welcome.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Look at this **** man

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

First, you have to agree to a premise for my argument to hold value. That premise is "homosexuality is NOT a choice". Assuming you are a male, but if female, just assume the opposite sex, My argument for why homosexuality is not a choice is if you do believe it is a choice, that inherently means you are a bisexual. Because I know my sexuality. I know I can never CHOSE to enjoy having a dick in my mouth or a dick up my ass. I know what I'm sexually attracted to and it's the god damn p***y. I cannot change that. That is just inherently apart of me. If I could chose to cease enjoying the p***y and start enjoying a dick up my ass, I then would rightfully considered bisexual. Because of this premise, I think there is something more than correlation between high level figures who have fought against "the homosexual agenda" all their adult life being outed doing a gay act. It's because they inherently believe that homosexuality is a choice thus don't feel guilty about telling other gay individuals to just chose not being gay.

So if you have bought into that premise, you can see why "love the sinner, hate the sin" is bullshit. Imagine being born gay. Now imagine being raised to believe that love between two sexually attracted individuals is one of the most beautiful experiences that one can hope for in life. Imagine how we are raised to believe that finding our "true love" for our entire lives is one of the most life fulling goals one can experience. Now imagine your family, your church, your community, telling you that you never can experience that "true love" and have to sacrifice one of the most integral parts of your identity and just "fake it"?

Any group that pretends homosexuality is a choice and tries to force convert teenagers into being straight are straight up hateful people.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is what worries me we play a lot of good QBs this year unlike last and they’ve never been able to stop the Brady, Russel Wilson, Brees types from turning Watson spectacular games into last minute soul crushing defeats.

Hopefully Howard comes back and plays RT and Scharping solidifies RG. Did Lonnie Johnson play? He’s got to be better than Colvin.

17. today

today Contributing Member

If we kick the ball off inside the 5 yard line to force a return, we take 4-5 seconds off the clock and the chances of them getting a FG attempt go significantly down.

Thanks Coach, for studying your strategy game this off-season and putting us in the best position to win the game.

18. likestohypeguy

We're doing this here?!

vinsensual and everyday eddie like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

There is no common sense in here, don't waste your time.

20. conquistador#11

Damn just like I remember it.
    womp womp

Mr. Space City likes this.