1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] IronHeart (Disney +)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Robert Downey Jr. will reportedly reprise his Iron Man role for a new Disney+ spinoff.

[​IMG]

It's claimed the Hollywood star will return as Tony Stark after giving his final performance in the "Avengers" franchise earlier this year.

But it seems Disney's new streaming service offers the perfect opportunity to bring back the much-loved superhero.

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. TALKS LIFE AFTER 'IRON MAN,' 'AVENGERS': 'I AM NOT MY WORK'

According to We Got This Covered, bosses are prepping for a series based on Ironheart, the teenage genius who continues Stark's legacy in the comic books.

It's believed Downey Jr. will return in a voiceover capacity as his character will be an AI — similar to Paul Bettany's J.A.R.V.I.S. — who will train RiRi Williams to become a superhero.

Ironheart was created by Marvel Comics back in 2015 but faced a backlash for its inaccurate portrayal of a young black female and for a lack of black female writers.

Bosses later drafted in sociologist Eve Ewing when they launched a standalone comic for Ironheart in 2018.

Earlier this year, the writer introduced Downey Jr. at a gala where he gave his approval for Ironheart to take over from Ironman in the Marvel universe.

As well as the Ironman reboot, Disney chief exec Bob Iger has already confirmed reimaginations of a number of fan favorites.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So Marvel is about to replace Captain America with a black guy and Iron man with a small black girl? Oh boy, I can feel the nerd rage. I'm here for it. The more black super heroes the better.

At some point there has to be some superhero fatigue, right? Disney is rolling out a bunch of stuff.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I've always thought about this, and how far Disney/Marvel etc... are planning ahead. Like, are they preparing for the next 'big thing' after superhero movies run out of steam? Have they already got a plan for this to happen?

DreamShook likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Probably not. But whatever it is, whenever it does happen, they will be so cash-soaked that they will completely take it over as soon as it's established. So they aren't worried.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think the plan is to make superhero movies mimic every other genre so you won't notice characters are shooting beams out of their eyes. Falcon and the Winter Solider is supposed to be a buddy cop like show. WandVision is supposed to be a Sitcom, The upcoming Dr. Strange movie is supposed to be Horror, I think the Eternals is Romance.

#5 DreamShook, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. Xerobull

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

somebody on twitter said they think Riri could come form that school T'challa and them were going to build in Oakland.. pretty cool.

MadMax, Jontro, Ziggy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm down for more diversity. Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel. Eternals. All of these properties have a bunch of diversity, which is awesome.

Gone are the days of Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye. Never really thought about it, but the Avengers were pretty damn white, lol.

DreamShook and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wish there was + content not Marvel related

tinman and DreamShook like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The bad guy shouldn't be Namor or Kraven, it should be Predator. Does Disney own that?

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Xerobull

They own everything. They own you.

Jontro and Ziggy like this.
  12. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

War M
    War Machine, Falcon, Black Panther? They were majority white but there was some diversity. I just hope the stories are good

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're right! Falcon and Black Panther definitely added to diversity. But (in terms of the MCU) while Falcon was introduced in Winter Soldier, his character was really only relevant in Civil War onwards. Black Panther was a super late addition to the game. As far as War Machine goes, he was basically as side character as you could get...at least, during phase I. His character seemed to really take off only after Civil War, too.

Again, I didn't really bat an eye at it or anything, but most of the stuff released between the first Iron Man movie and the second Captain America movie, had main characters that were white. Not that it's a bad thing or good thing or anything...it's just interesting to see how diverse the MCU can really get, with the release of all these new properties.

14. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree. I honestly just look for good stories. Myself and my family actually like most of the comic book movies, marvel and DC. We cannot wait to see Shang-Chi next weekend. My younger son is a big fan of the character in the comics.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's getting a bunch of positive hype. I think the review embargo lifts on Monday, but knowing Marvel, it's another home run.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

thought this was stark's kid.

her villain should be darkside (spelled that way) and be exactly like the superman villain just to piss off deesee fans.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Xerobull

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

diznie turning marvel into nickelodeon fr

i guess they realize the original marvel fans from ironman 1 are like 50 now so they need to reboot and get the younger generation

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think Disney expects the MCU to last as long as Disney+. There will likely be up times and down times for the MCU, but I'd be shocked if the MCU isn't still going 40 years from now even if they have to retcon/reboot it 2-3 times.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know why they didn't shitcan this project during covid and rerun an inventory on Fox assets to launch on D+.

Bit hubristic to assume people's excitement bubble will last post infinity war, but alas it's one of many TV shows and I am not forced to watch all of them

Lol and if we complain then we're cranky half century old geezers who don't know what gud programming is.