1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Tunsil is a really great get, this is just a huge gamble.

So great that Fins fans are still wanting more (and upset he's gone), he's a 25 year old LT.

This move is a lot like the Watson move where we gave up a ton to get Watson. It paid off. It's terrible because of how huge a gamble it is but if it pays off no one will really care all that much. You need a LT as much as you need a QB and Stills is a productive player. Dunno. I get this trade. May not fully be behind it but I understand it.

2. conquistador#11

I can't post gifs on the phone so this is where a McHugh to Gomez gif would come in handy. 2 ones and a second? Is B.o.b posing in a wedding dress with Tunsil for the S.I cover?

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

https://pics.me.me/ho-lee-***-29638292.png

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No GM no problem.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least they got something they really needed, so kudos for that.

But that is a serious king's ransom. It's the kind of short term deal someone who is afraid for their jobs makes. As I stated in another thread, Chicago gave up 2 firsts for Kahlil Mack, but got a second back from the Raiders instead of giving one up.

In three or four years when Tunsil is making $17 mil and they are paying Watson, and they don't have picks to add cheap talent this may not seem quite so awesome.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Mr. Space City

Why would Bob care about future picks?

He’s not gonna be here anyways when those picks are due.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and BigM like this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm excited about the LT spot finally being filled since losing Brown. Especially when on a cheap contact for the next two years.

But man.... That was expensive. Really hope he is all that.

Excited more about this season now....

Blatz and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

What is more likely this season? Clowney is a pro bowler or Tunsil is a pro bowler

11. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Dumb organizations do dumb things. No long-term deal in place is one of the newer ones.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why you need a GM too.

A GM would hold the phone on this deal because he has his own job to look out for and would maybe try to shave a bit off from our end. Instead of two firsts, maybe a few more 3rds? Something like that.

This is why coaches make terrible GMs, they always make win now decisions. A coach would sell the farm to win the one season while a GM is trying to build a dynasty that wins multiple championships.

We've seen it in basketball too with Stan Van Gundy. Coaches make terrible GMs generally.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans get less than what Clowney is worth and overpay for a good LT. They just gave up their whole future for the next two years and the new coaching staff. This is the type of move you make when you're one player away, and not where the Texans are currently at.

BoB has screwed this team over and Cal let it happen.

14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. Got to love the next GM's position. On the one hand you probably have a franchise QB and a good start on protecting him. You have some great players. OTOH, the draft is not going to be very exciting for you...

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Texans are an O-line away from being great.

This made them so much better.

16. Fantasma Negro

I'm so happy to have Will Fuller insurance. Love the guy but he gets hurt a lot. Having guys that can get open quit is the key to executing the offense. When Fuller went down Nuk shouldered the load, they need to give him some relief and keep continuity if Fuller goes down again. As a fan I could give a **** about the picks, I'm pretty sure Caserio will be creative in acquiring players when he gets here. The team is better **** the cost if Deshaun now has the time to operate and be who he is back there. I'm ****ing excited

Dubious, Blatz and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. The Real Shady

Basically this.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

O'Brien was probably given an ultimatum. Get to the super bowl or else. So since he's GM, he said f*** the future. Let me fill in my roster

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

20. The Real Shady

Their defense will be terrible this year. CB's suck and they will get no pressure on the QB.

Nook likes this.