1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why didn't the Rockets go after Willie Cauley-Sten?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jerry36, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

This guy is younger, atheletic and tall guy that you can used in the playoffs. But naw they go get grandpa chandler who probably wont play in the playoffs. They make a big splash, but they never fill what the team needs.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

chandler 1.6 Mil
    stein 2.2 Mil

expect nothing less from tillman McDuck

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

At least Chandler knows how to protect the paint and rim run. Wcs is clueless. His only NBA skill is being long af. Trash at everything else. The guy won't make it 5 minutes against Harden and Westbrook

Gray_Jay, topfive, Scarface and 7 others like this.
  4. Garner

Garner Member

How do you know we didn’t? because woj didn’t tweet it?

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I get back with yall during the season

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Ask luxury tax he knows

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Are you sure that's correct for chandler with 18 yrs experience. I heard he got 2.5

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because you can’t trust WCS.

Tyson can play playoff minutes.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Tyson Chandler at his old ass age still better than this scrub

bacliff, lionaire and clutchdabear like this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no, he isn't.

PlayBall, fattz and Silent_Bob like this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I don’t agree with OP. WCS is pretty much a lesser Capela. Chandler brings championship and vet experience. Since we already have Capela give me Chandler.

If he hadn’t ended up on the Warriors; if he had ended up on the Knicks no one would have cared about not grabbing him.
    However, I woulda used our whole MLE on Looney just to try and keep him away from Golden State, but I’m being petty, not sure that would have been a calculated move

Gray_Jay, topfive, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Chandler is still young. He came into the nba directly from high school.

Oh wait

nm

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

because he is not a good player

14. fattz

fattz Member

I know King’s fans loathed him and couldn’t care less about him and were even happy to see him move on. I just don’t see it because everything is there for him to be a successful player and even an all star. Westbrook and Harden would make him shine if he were a Rocket. He would have solve so many issues just playing within his natural skill set. His contract is very interesting and we would be able to trade Capela for the big forward we need if WCS was locked in. Capela is a better player but dollar (cap space) for production WCS value is way more. We missed out on him, IMO.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you guys talk like we would be bringing him in to be a starter. you guys are insane to say you wouldnt want him as a BACKUP for two of the best pick n roll players in the league. someone that young, athletic, and still learning. tyson is old and can barely move. he cant switch onto guards. he is straight food for curry, lillard, CJ, murray, and other scoring guard. i doubt he would even get many minutes in the playoffs because of this. i like him as a locker room presence, and yes he has a lot of size, but i would still take stein over him without hesitation.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

WCS plays 0 defence.

Like non.

I would have beem surprised if the Rockets pursued him - the C role on this team needs to be a rim protector OR a defence stretcher. WCS is neither.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Lol have you even seen WCS play? This guy can’t stay on the floor because he can’t defend. He’s probably a bit better than Chandler against some teams, but doesn’t bring anything to the locker room. If the team is going to bring a young guy in, he’d better be super productive. WCS is not that guy

18. HROZ

HROZ Member

Only upgrade with WCS is that he is capable of starting if Capela is injured.

I'm happy with Tyson

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

the reason I prefer chandler is the same reason I would not mind getting iggy. We need veteran leadership who will keep the locker room mentally healthy. with harden and westbrook, the last thing we need are players who are low iq or have baggage

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cause he isn't very good .