1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Iggy pushing for his buyout - wants Rockets/Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he very well could be. he obviously was a significant reason GS won some titles :rolleyes:

let me guess, lets hang our hopes on house or another low ceiling unproven player yet again to show up in the playoffs . and the same song and dance continues. harden has no help:rolleyes:

2. htownballa1622

We're obviously talking about two diff people. I'm not talking about a 31 year old player anymore. I'm talking about playoff 2020 Andre.

I'm not one of those guys that wants to sign cheap, unproven players hoping to help Harden. I'm all for Cheapman dipping into the tax and bringing legit help for Harden. If CP3 and Capela show up last year, this isn't even an issue.

I expect the guys here to help Harden, not disappear in the playoffs. That goes the same for our MVP.

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I have pretty big expectations for House this year, but a steady, proven, 100% playable, versatile defender like Iggy can have a big impact. I'd hope both play big roles come playoff time. House is the better offensive weapon w/ that quick twitch defensive capability. Iggy is old, there's no denying that he will not be the same guy that he was 2 or 3 years ago... I don't think it's ridiculous to say either could be capable of having a very big impact...

htownballa1622 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't know there were two iguodala's in the league. you mean the 2019 andre that help send houston home. you mean the 2020 andre that hit the game winner. cool, I'll gladly take someone of that caliber as opposed to someone who isn't playable to get completely shell shocked in the playoffs

Nelly likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah its pretty questionable actually when talking about house. nobody knows which house will show up. he could be playoff house who was completely unplayable or a few good games house. that's the problem. being hopeful and hanging your hat on that is also the problem.

If you're getting Iggy, you know what youre signing him for and what hes fully capable of

6. htownballa1622

There aren't 2 of him. There's the past him which probably won't equate the current him. I don't see why the pushback. We're not talking about a prime defender. We're talking about someone who, yes did make big shots, but wasn't someone that was that much of a difference maker imo. Look at his ft%. I don't want that anywhere near here. Does he do some good? Sure. But who knows if he'd be the same player here that he was in GS.

AGAIN, for the vet minimum...sure. Meh.
    Giving up anything more than a second rd pick. No.

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Agreed... I would bet a healthy Iggy would edge him out for Dantoni's minutes towards the end of the game just by pure experience, but I'm still giving House some benefit of the doubt. Morey has come out and said that his foot injury was more of a problem during the playoffs than people knew, not discounting his off play, but it's something to note...

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

look at his ft%? so what. look at wb's. and hes much more of a focal player than iggy.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

link

10. htownballa1622

I was just giving an example. I guess we shall see anyways. I hope he ends his career in Memphis and fades into obscurity personally, that way, we both don't have to see him here or in L.A.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he won't. memphis is obviously in a full blown rebuild.its only a matter of time til iggy is out the door in some way. if iggy won't end up here, hell likely be in LA and then at the end of the year, well probably see the why didn't morey go after iggy noise

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dude... simple point is this....fluke big shots aside... he’s very much an aging wing who is a god awful shooter from everywhere and is making 3 times more than he’s worth.

There isn’t much of a history for success with these types and as every year passes it’s less and less likely that any success continues.

He hopefully still has some abilities we could use but your WB comparison is foolish. I hate WB and his crappy shooting and terrible shot selection, but he clearly has MANY other positives on the floor. With AI it’s only a hope at this point that he can hold on another year. Stay healthy enough to defend the elite guys and have the 1-2 games a playoff run where the wide open 3s are falling.

Vet min? Sure. ANY assets given up to then pay him 17 million and it’s an easy pass.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not much of a fluke, if someone makes big plays over and over. its funny how people want to try and be all nitpicky with someone like him as if the rockets are just loaded with proven depth. don't worry cf's bennett and ben got this.

not really foolish when wb is a much more featured player. in no way does iggy even shoot enough ft's to have a negative impact on his team. it was foolish to even bring it up to begin with

14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

https://www.nba.com/rockets/rocketscastlive
    Go to the 19:43 mark to hear what he thinks about House this year, but the 20:00 minute mark he just super briefly mentions that the injury was something he noted about his playoff stretch... Perfectly timed so that we could afford him this summer if you ask me..

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So the career 33% shooter who shot 29% from 3 outside of the practice level shots we gave him....making dagger 3s isn’t a fluke? It’s what we should expect?

He will be 36 next year. He’s had nagging injuries the last few years. His best flukes are behind him.

I’m not even disagreeing that he may have SOME use for us in a limited role. But I’m not losing sleep or worrying one little bit if we don’t get him. And I have zero interest in bringing him in for a penny more than the minimum.

And yes the WB comparison is foolish. He brings a lot to the table with his crappy shooting. Iggy brings a lot of maybes with his.

You are remembering an AI who doesn’t exist anymore. If he were 3-4 years younger I’d be furious he wasn’t here already. Though 3-4 years younger AI wouldn’t have been given away for nothing like the older AI was.

16. HROZ

HROZ Member

Iggy is 2

Allen Iverson was th original AI when Iggy joined the Sixers he was coined AI2 or AI the 2nd. Or just Iggy

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its a fluke to you? he keeps running into the rockets and he keeps making them pay cool. the losers call it a fluke, thats why they went home early tbh.

wb at this point brings in his own right a ton of maybes. im not one of those that completely flips the script just bc he wears a diff jersey.

im remembering a very capable iggy to this day that can absolutely help this team. theres an extreme exaggeration going on but a common theme on cf's

#197 YOLO, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What does something happening rarely mean to you? Just because the rarity happened to us a couple times doesn’t make it not rare. He has a career of clanking these shots compared to a handful of makes.

LOL I’m flipping no script. My feelings on the trade were posted early in the Westbrook threads and they haven’t changed. I’d void that trade today if we could.

Westbrook will still shoot like ****, but will do a lot of other things to help winning.

Iggy will still shoot like **** and probably miss a bunch of time, continue to decline on defense and every other aspect of his game and possibly be a hacka candidate if we actually had to use him late in games....

Game 6 CP3 intentionally fouls Iguodala with 8 seconds left

Attempt 1.... clank
    Attempt 2...... clank

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Find a way to trade for Covington, otherwise the Iggy talk will continue as nauseam until he is acquired by the Lakers.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't seem that rare when again he keeps being a big part of booting houston for years. but hey yea its a fluke. sure.

bennett and ben come on down.

this is enough for me to know iggy is still very much valued (thank god). much more than some of these terrible hes washed takes