1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Honestly no clue. I was in Jr. High when it came out and my knowledge of obscure bands didn't start until a few years later.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I see what you did there...props.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

"Too Shy" was a pretty big hit in 1983.

FranchiseBlade and Torn n Frayed like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Started and finished.

Proud of the showrunners for doing what they did and how they did it, when normally fans would ridicule a film or show for stealing their source material, music, scenes, and story telling, they instead this time embraced it. Thought that a fascinating material study in and of itself. The writing world shames that kind of work. Hollywood has embraced it, but hides it. This show threw it right in our face proud and loud. The entire show is basically a rip off, however, by sewing together the best parts the industry they were stealing from it was near impossible to fail. Risky. But almost impossible to fail. Liked.

On the lighter side, my favorite moments were the character interactions
    -The kids going their separate ways ( stand by me ending in season 3 )
    -When the dork Dustin disses max in the bus, Steve looks at him, and was like, yep, that's how you do it. Nice.
    -Sean Astin was great. They stuck to his light hearted character which would have been easy to disconnect from and turn him into the spy. Worked.
    -Almost all of the characters are two faced, looking kinda cute or hot in moments, and then darn ugly in others. It oddly works.
    -The pacing was fast and in your face. I would have preferred a little more of a Hitchcock, hidden monster, but given they have 30 hours of film they did a good job of throwing it at us.

Did like
    - Each season they did a great job of the team coming together to solve the problem.
    -Casting and Characters generally. Though I agree Bodine was wasted, and probably Ewles.
    -Evil monster was good in all three seasons, but sometimes to dumb to finish the kill. Liked the season one monster the best.
    -Exciting conclusions for all three seasons worked.

Didn't like:
    -Dart storyline
    -Billy Hargrove ( aka Rob Lowe ) as a driving force for the show in season 3. Actor was good, but it felt a little too convenient and contrived. And his redemption at the end felt forced.
    -Season 2 starts too slowly, and you never really figure out what the Americans In the lab are doing and why.
    In season 1 they almost entirely forgot about Will for several shows, yet he was the main story line. Where was he and what was he doing in there?
    -Liked Hopper as the smart cop in season 1, not so much as the dumb daddy in season 2.
    -The Russian angle seemed a little forced, and unexplained, but I get the nod.
    -Too many Eleven miracle saves when it was more fun watching the team come together.
    -I wasn't too keen on Eleven looking like a guy for 2 seasons, but in the end I think it worked. ( Ripley/Mad Max reference )
    -The generally greasy feel and look of the show does work, but it's not my thing.

#444 PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. Xerobull

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

he lives!

clos4life likes this.
  7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

and the biggest non-secret is out

clos4life, Sajan and Yung-T like this.
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YES! Now I don't have to feel bad about enjoying the Neverending Story bit in season 3. That whole sequence cracks me up every time I watch it, but it made me sad to think that if they hadn't take the time to sing the damn song, Hopper would have lived. HOORAY

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

CAN WE PLEASE NOT TAKE ANOTHER 14 MONTHS TO GET THIS OUT!!!???!!

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Stranger Things' new season 4 episode titles revealed

Time is of the essence.

The Stranger Things writers have given us the titles for two more season fourepisodes and it looks as if time will be of the essence.

After previously revealing that the first episode of season 4 will be titled 'Chapter One: The Hellfire Club', we now know the names of two more.

On Twitter, the writers announced that episode two will be titled 'Tick Tok Mr Clock', while episode three is named 'You Snooze You Lose'.

The time-themed titles fit in with the image shared by the show's official Twitter account earlier this month, which seemingly confirmed filming had resumed.

[​IMG]

The image showed a clapperboard with an old-fashioned grandfather clock in the background.

Back in August, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown shared her hopes for Eleven having a happy ending.

"Oh my god, she's been through so much, I just hope she's happy," Brown told Glamour.

"I always say to the Duffers [show creators], 'Can she just not smile like in one take?' I would love her story to be rounded off by like a good ending.

[​IMG]

"I trust the Duffer brothers so much that it's going to be beautiful and I'm going to love it no matter what it is. But I'd love for her to get her powers back because she is a hero, she is like a super woman in a way."

"And she loves Mike – I want them to get married," she added. "That's what I need. I need a wedding scene for Stranger Things, period."

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope they go back to the more horror and small town vibe of season 1. Season 2 and especially 3 felt more like cheap pop culture and trying to make meme material.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Aren't they all old and in some form of rehab now?

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

15. Xerobull

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ngl, this does not make me want to watch season 4. I'm still going to watch it, im just saying.

Lucas flat top is nice, very fresh.

Kevooooo likes this.
  17. Xerobull

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope they aren't going the fast&furious road with more and more over the top action and gun shootouts, liked the first trailer a lot more.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Angst 4.0 for you, DS.

20. Xerobull

CGI de-aging will have a young Dom leading a gang of high speed BMX thieves. Spoiler: he and Eleven are Paul Walkers parents!