1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone getting Rocketscast live withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jan 29, 2014.

1. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

For the first few weeks I was fine, and then came the slightly edgy feeling, I'm worried I might get the full blown shakes soon. This is serious people! Does anyone know any good recent podcasts from or anything Rockets related they can recommend? Anything that could help me fill this void?

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

3. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Really miss the Rocketscast Live...

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I do miss Rocketscast live. I do listen to other rocket podcast like from clutch. But They always had good analysis and discussions about the team or what they felt the team was doing or needed. It's been on hiatus for a while. I wonder if it had to do with the fine from the article before the FA.

Hope they come back soon.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

See capitalism is a joke. Supply and Demand my a$$!

We want more Rockets podcasts invisible hand!

7. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Yep Jason explained in Twitter that there is no point in doing the podcasts if he couldn't even talk about Asik trade rumors. It would be way too hard to talk about anything when half the topics people want to hear about would warrant a fine.

8. JBar

JBar Rookie

D12babymamas and Justaguy: any input?

9. Convictedstupid

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I miss them too. I'd love to know what they're thinking at this point in the season. :(

11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Just want to put in my vote for the Return of the Rocketscast!!!

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN! The more Rox coverage the better!!! Especially when it is relatively high quality, as those guys generally are.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Rockets fans had to cheer against you. How do you recruit Houston fans?) Just be ready because we're gonna go. That's all I can tell you. Fans here have always been respectable to me. Never had a problem. They gotta cheer for the home team, I respect that & vice versa but we're on the same side now. I'm gonna go out every night & give it all I have. They're gonna see that.

At this stage of his career, with all due respect to Chris Paul, Russell is a better player. I think it's gonna be fun. Real fun. - Craig Ackerman

#12 J.R., Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    nickb492, Invisible Fan and topfive like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Welcome back Craig! Great show! Keep it up!

15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Pretty good overall episode. Craig more analytical than the person interviewing Russ but totally understandable. Good start to pair with Locked on Rockets

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

(5:33 - Daryl starts)

(Not the whole interview)

(Russ' defense) To me, Russ & James are similar. Extremely smart defenders who often because of their responsibility on offense, they might rely on their teammates more on some possessions. When both are locked in like playoffs & big games, they're both high level defenders.

(Russ' 3pt shooting) It doesn't always have to be him shooting the three. Still better than a three is a dunk or layup at the rim. He'll attack the hoop, warp the defense, create open shots for others. If he's getting wide open looks because people are leaving him, those will be good shots. Him on open threes is still gonna be a good shot for the offense.

(Danuel House, how important will he be?) Very. 3 year deal. We said 'You're a core part of this group.' and feel he can be. He was for much of the season last year. First toe dip in the playoffs because of the injury wasn't perfect. That was such a small part of the long stretch he helped us last season. He's young, athletic, talented, got a good approach, works hard, we're excited about it. Happy to come out of free agency with him.

(Gary Clark) Got a shot. Him & Isaiah, two guys now that they're through with their first year, need to crack the rotation at some point this year to be on pace. Doesn't mean always be in the rotation but maybe with injuries, guys who can step up when there's opportunity.

(Isaiah's growth) Great. Key cog in the G-League championship. Really versatile game. Can pass, shoot. Defensively is where he needs to make the most progress and has made a lot of progress there. Need him to take one more step.

(Flier on Anthony Bennett) He's a shooting big. We think with Russell here, a shooting big can have more value. He was one of the best bigs in the G-League - him, Isaiah and Terrence Jones, who we're also probably gonna bring in here - who all were top bigs in the G-League. Generally that's a good pool to grab from. All have different skill sets. We hope one pans out.

Ben McLemore, who we're bringing in, has looked great in LA this week. For sure looks the part. We've had good luck about guys coming out of certain organizations. They get with Coach D'Antoni, they get with Harden who are all super smart basketball guys and guys tend to do better. Michael Frazier will get a shot. The strategy, we have 9 guys who will probably be in the rotation and then Gary, Isaiah, Bennett, Jones, McLemore, Frazier, Clemons,...

(Clemons played really well in the SL) He is really winning over the veterans in LA this week. He has a skill that is NBA ready in terms of shooting. His attacking the basket is very good as well. He has a very thick, strong, low-to-the-ground frame that in the NBa has been successful. He's not quite there as a defender yet but just because he's shorter doesn't mean he can't be a tough defender.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member