1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Have you ever been sucker punched or mugged?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

You got polar bear’d

2. Buck Turgidson

My Diamodback was worth fighting a kid over.

VooDooPope, Acura and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

**** man, that's crazy

4. Buck Turgidson

This was 20 years ago...I looked him square in the eyes with a gun in my face and asked if I could keep my driver's license. He let me.

She had no such luck. We were b/t La Carefe and Warren's

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Been sucker punched about 4 times. Never been knocked out though. Staggered a bit and held my own for as long as I could. Adrenaline is a crazy chemical. Felt no pain until the next day.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You should learn self defense. This is my preferred technique.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

When I think of sucker punches I think of this:

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

We used to play knockout/1 hitter quitter on the streets until the police and media started making a big deal out of it. Thus we stopped and went to Bennigans instead.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is the type of thread that makes me miss MacBeth.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Spoken like a man who never rode a White Heat.

[​IMG]

Acura likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I worked in a bank when we were robbed, does that count?

It was a busy Friday afternoon so I had just opened a teller line to help them out. Guy walks in with black overalls and a Ronald Reagan mask (I guess he was a fan of Point Break), comes right up to me and sticks a gun against my forehead. Says "gimme all your money and don't give me no ****ing dye pack!" So I did. Teller next to me was 8 months pregnant and fainted.

I wasn't scared at all until it hit me driving home what had just happened. I was listening to Radiohead and the song How to Disappear Completely came on and I started freaking out a little bit. To this day, that song still gives me the creeps. And I still don't like going into bank lobbies.

Nook likes this.
  12. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I was a church missionary in Romania; we were frequently approached and asked for money (there were at the time some groups from other churches that offered various forms of assistance), but we would generally explain that we were there on our own dime and not collecting a paycheck or anything like that. People were generally cool and would shake your hand and you'd be on your way.

Anyway, one evening in a town called Constanta two dudes approached my companion and I and asked for money. We went through the typical routine explaining that we were here without any sort of compensation and couldn't really offer anything, and they seemed fine and held out a hand for me to shake. I shook one dude's hand and he grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled a knife with his other hand. His buddy was of course in on it and had a knife of his own. The worst thing is that my companion just took off so I was on my own.

Somehow I struggled with my poor Romanian to say something along the lines of an empty threat that I felt like I could "break" him and his buddy and they decided I either wasn't worth it or I inspired a little fear. Either way, I got out of it and beat my companion into submission when I found him again.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I couldn't tell who did it and there were like 25 of them there - it would have been messy.....6 vs 25 - I just brushed it off.

Had a knot on the side of my head though....

DD

Hardy Toll Road likes this.
  14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Walking home from high school, was walking past a group of guys and one of the just hauled up and punched me in the chest for no reason. I said "What's up?" and he was like "What's up, you said what's up?" like he was pissed and was ready to fight me. I thought about fighting, I had gotten into fights before with kids from my neighborhood that i knew. But these were guys I didn't know and they outnumbered me. One of my neighbors was there with him and he was trying to keep the guy from fighting me, so I took the opportunity and left.

The punch didn't really hurt that much, I was more surprised that it came out of nowhere and I was confused as to why I was punched.

Later I asked my neighbor why he punched me and he told me it was because the thought I was someone else, although I am not sure I really believed that.

#34 Chilly_Pete, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  15. Hardy Toll Road

Hispanic?

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

No.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Glad you're okay, but now I just have this odd mental image of one church missionary totally beating down another church missionary. In Romania. You're lucky World Star Hip Hop wasn't around then.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was sucker punched once back in college around 2 AM .. it didn't knock me out and the guy ran away. Lol

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

I recall going to a party in HS. We were all hanging around a friend's car. All of the sudden this pickup from Westbury shows up, complete with giant rebel flag in the bed with a few other dudes. They started shouting a bunch of **** at us. One of the guys shouts "Do you know _____?" I said no, and he gets out of the pickup. Comes towards me and says "I think anyone from Bellaire should know ___________." I turned around and tried to ignore him. The rest was told to me after I came to.

Apparently this guy kept yelling at me and I turned around to say something and he sucker-punched me. I fell down and was on my hands and knees. And then the guy took a running kick to my face. Cracked one of my front teeth. Friends loaded me into the car and left. I came to several minutes later. Face the next day was so swollen I was unrecognizable.

Good times...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn man, glad you made it out okay (even 20 years ago). I mean that situation had to be insane, I can't even imagine.