1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disney announces $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 7, 2019.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The only reason I have Hulu is because of Spotify. Even so, the ads infuriate me more than it should. I blame the internet for what I've been conditioned to become.

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those that use Reddit to watch sports, I assume you are talking about the threads that link to the many (I assume) illegal streams? Every time I've tried to use those for Astros it either won't load at all or plays for like 5-10 seconds and freezes. Most of them are crap. Am I doing something wrong?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If your neighbor has Xfinity with HBO or other add ons, ask if they're using their app account. Help set up their login and it's good for different cable apps.

Trade your Hulu for their HBO Go.

Getflix is the easier alternative...Kodi... Popcorn time...etc.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Works perfectly fine for me.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

bilasport posts work flawlessy for me.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the one that works the most often for me, but it still seems like it is only every other time that it works. Must be something on my phone.

7. Uprising

I normally just run them through the reddit app. And I cast it to the tv using an app called web video caster. You can bookmark pages in it, it'll pull any video off a page and cast it, great for sites where the cast button doesn't work on the player.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What are you casting to? Will it work on Roku or a Samsung tv? Their built-in casting is a joke.

9. Uprising

QUOTE="donkeypunch, post: 12571802, member: 57404"]What are you casting to? Will it work on Roku or a Samsung tv? Their built-in casting is a joke.[/QUOTE]

To a chromecast or mibox, that is connected to the tv. I have a couple of those in different rooms in the house (for samsungs) and the living room is a Vizio 75" that has chromecast built into it.

Weird....my amazon link turns into a media code automatically.....

[

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Perfect HD for me every time

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Just signed up for the bundle. But I also have hulu ad-free. I used the same e-mail to sign up for Disney+, and if I understand correctly, I'll be credited the amount for hulu with ads, which is $5.99/mo. I think that's how it works?

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Could not get Lion King or Frozen to play this morning. "Something went wrong. Please try again." But Captain Marvel worked. Only tried on a Roku.

Anyone else having issues with Disney+?

Having a Frozen-themed party at my house on Saturday and planned on playing the movie while it was going on.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I’ve been playing around with it and everything is working. Search seems to take longer than expected at times.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I just received an email confirming that’s how this works.

15. VanityHalfBlack

My streaming service so far:
    Criterion Channel
    Neetflix
    Independent Wrestling TV
    New Japan World
    Youtube Red
    Amazon Prime

Do I really need another streaming service?? Like is Minnie Mouse gonna blow me or sometin?

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Looks a bit buggy and a ton of traffic right now, kind of shocked Disney of all companies did not anticipate this as they have been marketing if for several months if not a year. At least though from what I've been able to see from the web interface there is just an absolute ton of content. Once the initial kinks get worked out this is going to be a pretty massive library of content.

One thing that they definitely need to fix (assume they will) is the indexing of items on the site. I can choose movies and choose to show only the 4k content and it shows 8 movies on the website available in 4k but I know there are several more than that but they just dont show up.

Maybe things will be better tonight I haven't downloaded the app yet for my tv and xbox. The android app isnt functional right now.

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's good but seems others are having issues too; disneyplusfail is trending in twitter.

Their response:

The demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations. We are so pleased you’re excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Maybe this is a Star Wars question, but there was a version of Star Wars The Clone Wars that was released in 1-2 minute mini episodes before episode three was released. It came out on Cartoon network. Those mini episodes made 2 different movies. I thought those would be available on Disney+ but they only have the other crappier version of Star Wars The Clone Wars movie. How do I find the one i'm looking for? I've went through 2 dvds of them and wore them out or broke them.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=clone+wars+microseries&s=g

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member