1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What about Gallinari?
    How come his name hasn’t been brought up?
    I bet he’d be dealt by the deadline! We probably won’t be able to get him without a Shumpert contract but OKC won’t want to keep him until seasons end seeing he’s a goner next year. Would he be worth using our last few first round picks on?

2. fattz

fattz Member

Rebounding, defense and size. ???

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Seeing that we have no back up PFs and most or all players that meet your criteria won’t REALISTICALLY be available, I think we can settle on the best available player that can play that position, especially our system, and is likely to be moved.

We won’t stand the best chance of grabbing him, but Montrezz or Aaron Gordon aren’t being let go of their teams.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm might give him a looksee …. but not at the expense of a first or multiple firsts.

A 2nd or two …. sure but I don't think he moves the needle enough that I'm giving up my last bullet for.

To get me to give up a #1 its got to be a much better player.

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Too much salary would have to go out. Maybe he gets bought out though. I know Mike D always wanted to coach him.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You’re definitely right in the sense that it SHOULD be for a better player; but I feel that's not the choice at hand because I doubt our picks and an Iman and Nene expirings would be the best offer out there amongst the rest of the league. I haven’t looked at the draft picks or any potential young assets other playoff teams have thoroughly, but I’m assuming we wouldn’t have the number 1 offer. So I feel like it would come down to if we know Gallinari is the best we could do, would you do it or just sit tight (for this season)?

EDIT: Then again I most definitely said the same thing about Westbrook. I do feel it had a little to do with OKC doing right by him and him wanting us, but either way I said that would never happen and that blew up in my face.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That would be fantastic. Though I would assume a team would give expiring and picks up for a guy like him. Kind of like Mirotic at the deadline last season. (Though Gallo is more expensive for a team to take).

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I can’t think of a team that would be willing to give up much for him.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

But it won’t take much to beat a Shumpert expiring and our pick. And it’s too early to tell. Never know what teams are going to be looking to make a playoff run, or a deep one; especially a team out East. And /or if a player gets injured, or doesn’t play up to expectation. Come February, teams’ direction can be completely different.

Edit: I also actually think Thunder will play better than most expect if CP is still there. And Gallo could be in position to play a big role for that team.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Any interest in bringing over Vince Carter for the farewell tour and mentorship? How baller would it be if the Rockets got a ring with & for Vince?

Homeboy shot 39% from 3 last year on a bad Hawks team.

I'm just saying... people wanted Kyle Korver..

jch1911 likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Let’s not settle AND use first round picks to do so.

FIT, FIT, & FIT

You are right at $20M / per... he is a pipe dream with out a trade. —> Random Trades Tread

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

capela plus Gordon trade to get ibalka and marc gasol with Raptors

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I's really like to see the Rockets go after Bjelica. 6'10 PF with a great 3 point shot and passing. He also likes to shoot deep 3's, which would open things up even more for RW and JH. He does seem slow and weak on the boards.

Bagley should be getting the bulk of the minutes this season, so Bjelica seems somewhat expendable. I say "somewhat" because of the weird circumstances over his contract this off season. The Kings want to win, but also are going young so there would be lots of potential trade combos for him if the Rockets brought in a third team. The best the Rockets could offer would be Shumpert, a second round pick, and maybe Llul or Harty if it was straight up.

Shump was pretty solid for them last season. Sorry I don't have a better trade, the Rockets make it tough to match salary without a starter or Gordon. Also, I'm not sure if a Shumpert SNT would hard-cap us and the potential future ramifications. I just think he'd be a great fit if there was a way to get him.

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I don't see Vlade giving up any of the Serbian guys he recruited... But stranger things have happened

withmustard likes this.
  15. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

I have seen this forum wanting Aaron Gordon but a cheaper 3&D SF/PF option with much higher defensive upside is Jonathan Isaac.

http://tradenba.com/trades/rkS-ktnmr

Orlando can get rid of some salary (Houston gives NG contracts and takes in more salary if necessary), get a 1RP and 2RP (may need to add more picks), and clear up playing time at forward positions.

Houston gets a legit 3&D SF/PF that's taller than 6'8. The addition of Isaac would practically guarantee the Rockets are a top 5 defense.

BaselineFade and treyk3 like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

I like it a lot fit, size and contract..,

But he is still on rookie pay scale doesn’t make sense for the Magic to pay AG 20M/per to do the same thing. Orlando should keep Isaac and move AG to save money and be more defensive minded. We should be willing if they are ready to make a move.

D-rock and Bearius Jones like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jonathan Isaac would be amazing. Orlando has a glut of 4/5 with Vuc, Bamba, AG and Isaac. I think Isaac would take 2 FRP or Eric Gordon ( who I think is here to stay) to get especially with his showing this summer at Team USA. It's probably worth a peak at him but unlikely to happen like any trade in general. I like your thinking. If he can get that 3P % up to 36% he's going to be a stud.

18. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

They also signed SF/PF Aminu, resigned SG/SF Ross and drafted PF Chuma Okeke. Plus Fournier can play SF as well.

They probably have Gordon and Bamba on the trade block. Hopefully Isaac is as well. The glut of forwards is ridiculous. They need to upgrade the PG spot but probably won't make a move until they fully evaluate Fultz.

D-rock and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They actually think they can make the playoffs with Paul and Gal, i seriously doubt it, i know one thing, expect cp3 to fake some sort of injury and that team tanks for #1 pick, i bet your socks on it.

20. Sanity2disChaos

Damn Orlando seems ripe for the picking!! Don’t think there’s any rush to trade. They will evaluate accordingly and then trade. But I like all those guys to help in some way.

I like it!

Aaron would be perfect... I’d take bamba also!