1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Even if they invest 98% after taxes, they can still become billionaires.

Most guys in the league probably don't do that. Even smarter guys who earned hundreds of millions like Duncan and Garnett got screwed by their financial planners.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We brought in heart and lost brains.

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  3. Acura

Acura Member

So who called him westbrick??? What say you now ???

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

A number of people. And a number of people still

5. Acura

Acura Member

I can respect people who stick with their feelings and not flip flop just bc they are now a rocket and act like they never said those things.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There's a moral in that story …. Never trust someone else , do it yourself.

jacoby likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

May see a Rondo CP brawl except with Westbrook this time.

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heart surgery comes to mind. Sex?
    But yea, there are people trying to steal your stuff every day.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I called him Westbrick and have said multiple times that I don't expect him to stop jacking up extremely questionable shots. My hope is that by playing next to Harden, we limit his opportunities to do so. That said, Brodie gonna Brodie so it's going to be an emotional season with some really happy highs and really frustrating downers from him.

10. Acura

Acura Member

This is pretty accurate. As someone who has followed Westbrook for a long time that’s a great way to describe it. PG hit a huge slump as well so I’m hoping that if harden stays harden then he will be able to lift Westy up in tough times. And stay collapsing the D regardless if his shot isn’t falling. I really think Harden is a basketball genius and he wouldn’t have wanted this if he thought there was a chance it wouldn’t work. There is only one basketball yes but this is only two guys.

amaru likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I cant count the times since the trade I've typed …. WestBrick and gone back and changed it.

Been calling him that for a decade , kinda hard to change overnight.

Happy that he's a Rocket tho ...

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Going for 100 pages of this AWESOME thread

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly, lets just bury this thread, a lot of this thread is people slandering Cp so they can justify this trade, which we dont have to do. We can just show more positivity towards Russ and less cheap shots at Cp3.

jch1911 likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Hear, hear... Well stated

HP3 likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So even morey had to slander cp3 to justify this trade

This trade was needed for success (winning a chip and flexibility) of the franchise wb>>>cp3. Nothing slanderous about that

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's not slander to point out that the guy is on a steep decline. And as I said earlier in this thread, the biggest add was Westbrook's tenacity, which we were sorely lacking outside of Tucker's shoes.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its the way to justify the 180 for russ. all the criticism hes gotten for years now has to find a way to disappear for the time being

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've criticized a lot over the years, but I never doubted his talent and effort. He's a blue collar as they come when it comes to effort.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We got Westbrook? WTF!?!

No way!

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats fine but there are others who talk about his hamstrings and him being a bad teammate. Or his mentality, or whatever. Lets just move on from it, we have Westbrook now, talking about Cp isnt gonna change anything.
    Yea, there are gonna be times when he goes crazy. But...if he's able to be what he was two years ago, I think we have a good shot of winning the whole thing.

He is one of the best playmakers in the game so I think that at least will be a huge positive.

Morey was never fully on board for this trade, it was really Tillman and Harden.

Wb of last year is not >>>Cp3, Wb of two years ago, yea I will agree. And I believe he can get back to that guy in our system playing with James. But that doesnt mean he doesnt have warts to his game. And yea it is slanderous when people take shots at his hamstrings all the time or call him Cp0, or talk about him being a bad teammate. All Im saying is that this thread is pointless, why trash Cp or talk about him at all when we can praise Westbrook.
    Thank you man, enough is enough.