1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SF3isBack!!, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

A lot of the guys are younger than that.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is the only post that makes sense and is well thought out thank you.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Clearly you haven’t been watching the Big3 that long and or you just like Joe that much. Watch Maggette and Rashard Lewis highlights of their MVP seasons and just accept Joe is not NBA level material anymore. He hasn’t been signed for a reason.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lewis and Magette both played at a much higher level in their MVP seasons on the big three than they are now. But neither match the season that Joe is having. YOU NEED TO GO REWATCH.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If any player in the BIG3 could still play at a high level they wouldn't play in the BIG3.

6. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

speaking of the Big 3...did anyone else notice Royce White playing for the Enemies?

7. steddinotayto

yup and this further validates my statement lol

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

/thread

JW86 and steddinotayto like this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

With Abdul-Rauf’s quickness though, I cannot imagine him not being able to hit some threes against some bench units. I’m the first to say I’m biased as he’s one of my favourites :) something the OP will just not admit, but he still thinks Steve Francis came back or will be back. Like Jesus!

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Did you watch him when he was with the Rockets?

I'm guessing no, or you wouldn't be asking this question.

11. steddinotayto

Steve Francis would get lit up in the BIG3 right now. That's how washed the first part of my screenname is.

tinman likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm happy the corpse of a formerly great NBA player can light up the Big 3 Cadaver League, but that doesn't miraculously bring him back to life.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Joe Johnson is washed.

Can't believe there was someone arguing about how he should have been in the rotation in the playoffs his last season here. Dude can't play NBA ball anymore.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It would be funny if someone picked him up and he was good. I mean its worth a shot. Last year we were running people far worse than Joe Johnson even being "washed". I would take him over MCW lol.

15. steddinotayto

He would be, at best, the 14th or 15th guy on an NBA team. Would you rather give that roster spot to BIG3 legend Joe Johnson or a young player that still has potential to improve?

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We have enough Iso players....no matter how decent he can ball against sub par talent. If anything we need, Josh Smith, not Iso Joe.

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I actually still thought Joe could've been a good piece as a backup 4, but this past year showed we need rebounding more than a sniper at that position, and Joe wasn't sniping when he was here. I actually hope Gary Clarke can lock up our last rotation spot for the backup 4..

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing is, if Johnson HAD been a sniper for us it would have made a huge difference. He was terrible for us and he was terrible for Utah.

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Joe was battling a wrist injury with Utah. He's not washed. Once his wrist is healed, he'll be fine for us.

:p:D

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Some of you guys have never played a full court 5v5 game …. Its totally different than 3v3 in the half court.

And lets not forget that Joe couldn't cover a baby with a blanket when he was last in the NBA.

Shooters seldom lose their shot …. but they lose their athleticism , explosiveness and lateral movement.