1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexler: NOT a consummate professional?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 29, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe some good can come out of this if tilman gets pissed off and pulls his color analyst job

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This depends on what type of fan you are. Many here would be thrilled with winning 60 plus games multiple seasons and a trip to the finals. I’m sure that would be “fun”. That’s fine.

Some of us realize how close we were in 2017-2018 and would like to finish the deal. Players of Harden’s caliber come along once in a generation. It would be a shame if the organization can’t put the pieces in place to build a championship team around him.

Stockton and Malone were 2 of the best players that I have seen, but they are rarely mentioned and somewhat overlooked because they never won a ring. I don’t want that fate for James. I don’t want that fate for the organization or for fellow Rockets fans.

“Championship or bust” has even been echoed by the organization. That should be the mentality. The Westbrook trade was an all in move so some of us expect all in results.

RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

he was just clubbing baby seals...

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I have a hard time equating those two primarily because Utah didn't have to give away their future to get them together. Did they pass too early on some development players? Sure, but they still had talent and have been relevant on and off for a while now. Malone left them in 2003 and they were able to have some respectable winning seasons well after his departure. Houston can win 60 games for 3 years straight, but without picks and talent to develop they won't be relevant for quite some time after Harden departs. It's not just the three years those two are together, it's the 4-5 years after until we get a talented player. Heck, and that's assuming Morey is still around then too.

Nothing is certain, I get it. CP3 could have a career ending injury tomorrow, or somehow Houston draws the number one pick for both picks they owe OKC and doesn't confer it. I get that luck is a key part in all this too. I'm just not quick to call 3 years of good play, followed by 5 years of obscurity based on myopic decision making a success.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This interview actually aired about 2 weeks ago, I think. When I first heard it, I thought about posting what he said because it kind of blew me away since I thought Clyde was just collecting paychecks.
    This interview actually aired about 2 weeks ago, I think. I thought about posting it on here, but couldn't take notes due to work. When I first heard it, I thought about posting what he said because it kind of blew me away since I thought Clyde was just trying to collect paychecks the easiest way possible. lol. Hell, maybe Tilman doesn't like all the 3's, either. :D In fairness to Drexler, he's been pretty honest and straight-shooting in the past when he was invited onto SiriusXM -- it's just that what he said here kind of surprised me. It was kind of like drinking a Pepsi during lunch at Coca-Cola headquarters.

Elhassan has already gone on record as saying there's no way the combo of Harden and Russ will work. Of course, today he kind of left an escape route for the future by saying something like "now don't come tell me 'I told you it would work' if it does because there still is a small probability that, yeah, it may work". I was like, come on, at first you adamantly and unequivocally say there's no way it'll work, and now you're saying don't come back at you if it does.

The "some third guy" you refer to, btw, was Zach Harper.

Here's an excerpt of Drexler talking about Russ & Harden working together :

D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I laughed so damn hard when I read this! 1000% true. Could have also added 4. Thanks for the paycheck.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Clyde saying that actually makes me feel bettee aboyt the trade than i already di .

D-rock likes this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

My thoughts exactly. Its just then, our most efficient player player was in the post(Dream), now he is perimeter (Harden).

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Who would you rank higher on the all time list at this point in hardens career? Although clyde was complementary of harden, he is about to be passed if he hasnt already. There may be a touch of jealousy until harden firmly supplants drex. A championship would seal it.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To be honest, I don't know if a lot of older fans prefer it either. The three point shooting is one thing, but the officiating has added new ways to be annoying. Heck, I'm 30 and I prefer the late 90s game with the physicality and emergence of three point shooting before it turned into the ISO-fest of the 2000s.

FrontRunner, GermanRoxFan and YOLO like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You misspelled “day in and day out”

GermanRoxFan likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Might I add,

Protect the basketball

Attack in transition

Come out strong in the second half

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's heart wrenching to read this. I'm disappointed and sad....

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I agree with everything he said..... But for some reason I see us going to WCF...

17. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

This is the same opinion Clutch had.

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

On CP3 vs Russ, it's all about age and health. I believe anyone would take 30-year-old CP3 over 30-year-old Russ any day. But unfortunately it's not the case.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Clyde is about to getz fired yo? Why he do WB why do bro????

Something is up!!!! Brutha ain't risky million dolla J. O. B. for no nuthin.

Confimed: Tilman in financial trouble. Bout to fire Clyde and hire Matt bullard for 20% of Clyde's $$$$$$ G y'all. C.R.E.A.M.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Salley is the only one that predicted Chris Paul and James Harden would work. Before the season started.

The WCF, would've been the Finals and a Championship if not for Scott Foster, Ed Malloy rigging behinds.

Walt Frasier also like Chris Paul and James Harden pairing during the 2018 season.

Clyde Drexler losing seasons as a Head Coach at University of Houston was memorable, because he's a awful coach.

D-rock likes this.