1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Royce White - Mental health awareness

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jul 29, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://nypost.com/2019/07/12/royce-white-still-isnt-buying-the-nbas-mental-health-crusade/

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#2 daywalker02, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Rockets legend

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So his 'whole' argument for why he didn't succeed in the NBA is bc he wanted a mental health policy written and they didn't do it. That's it...it wasn't because he, well, just wasn't good enough to play professional basketball. That wasn't it at all...

Another guy that failed and blames everyone else but himself for the failure.

kjayp, Clutch, jboslett and 13 others like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This guy is a professional story twister and manipulator. It is direct evidence that he wasn't barred from the NBA for anxiety disorder, it was for megalomania, paranoia and narcissism. Take your pick.

This article is a beautiful deadly paradox and shows how social media lets irrelevant people maintain the facade of influencers in today's society.

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

This might be an argument if he hadn't failed on multiple levels of professional basketball. Guy's work ethic seems to be terrible and with every level he fails at, he just blames them for not helping him enough.

acsorelle4, roslolian and Ramo$e like this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Sound like he is describing himself when he talks about the NBA.

So he mad the league didnt budge to his egregious demands? You had your shot kid, you blew it. Players in the league struggle with these same issues before you came and after. Nobody did as much of a circus as you tried to bring. #BeWell

acsorelle4, JeffB and daywalker02 like this.
  9. Lovemachine2000

Why is this salad-tosser still getting news coverage?

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Royce White is no advocate for mental health, he probably set players with mental health issues back about ten years. He's well versed in PR and can spin this as the league not being understanding or accepting, but his twitter rants at the time showed the truth. Even the NBAPA didn't have his back when it came down to it.

11. Nook

Nook Member

No discussion of his "bang bus" or all of the women he impregnated and threatened? No discussion of the claims of domestic abuse against him?

Dude is a grifter and nothing more.

apollo33, Matt78777, jboslett and 8 others like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is how u do it Jerry Lin.

clap! clap! clap!

Complain harder!

acsorelle4 likes this.
  13. mig0s

mig0s Member

He played 3 minutes? I dont remember lol

acsorelle4 likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Damn, this guy’s making a living off the fact that he can’t get on a plane.

Blurr#7 and acsorelle4 like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jeremy Lin on his Graduation "I stepped up to Harden" Now "No one wants me in NBA"

Royce White "I want to only play home games", "Give me a Rv" later on brings girls to his RV

Royce Stole Laptops from a Dorm.

Royce is a Thief, Liar, Manipulator, Womanizer, has Water Bottle business, Scammed the Rockets, when he didn't really have any desire to play.

acsorelle4 likes this.
  16. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This is all exactly right. The guy has NPD or some other cluster B personality disorder. He’s probably a damn sociopath.

Johnbutte, csj and acsorelle4 like this.
  17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It's amazing given how much this guy talks that he's still coming up with new excuses to this day.

acsorelle4 likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You know, at the time I remember being kinda...nonchalant? Not that I didn't believe him but kinda...thought he was more interested in Royce White being depressed than Royce White at least trying to overcome and being a good baller.

Look, at this point he's saying he sacrificed his career to champion mental health. C'mon now, this dude really does have issues. Some are self-inflicted to be sure. He can't make it right now, even if some of the story about banned substances and how NBA supported other players after him and maybe the Rockets told him you don't have the platform but we do....there's some truth in there. He's definitely blackballed from the league. This article doesn't help him at all....why would he do it?

A lot of my in-law family deals with this on a very real level. And I have to remind myself that self-sabotage and other weirdness is part of it. And being someone who isn't affected to that degree, a lot of times I end up reminding folks it's okay. It's okay to be depressed but it isn't okay to be depressed and not do anything about it. It's not okay to allow yourself to wallow in that darkness day after day, week after week. Be self aware, be mindful...let the feeling come but let it go too. It's okay to be anxious about things but it's not okay to let that become anger and poor decisions. Put yourself in good positions to deal with it. Let it happen and let it pass.

Someone has to tell Royce White to let it go. He didn't champion anything. AND THAT'S OKAY TOO.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The problem isn't that Royce has some sort of mental demons. It's that he has essentially self-diagnosed and self-proclaimed himself as a champion for anxiety. His behavior is symptomatic of more than anxiety, so he is actually ruining public understanding of anxiety every time he gets on a soap box. In the recent Kevin Love thread in the GARM, a user was already saying the Rockets should be wary of Kevin Love because of Royce White. Great job, Royce.

don grahamleone and JW86 like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Anxiety and mental health are over looked so dramatically in our society its sickening. Coming from a world where at least a third of my colleagues were clinically depressed, and suicide wasn't always overlooked I feel like it's a danger we don't recognize. With that said, Royce White is a piece of human garbage. He did very little to further the cause and did more to further his bank account. I believe mental health is a critical platform, but damned if I wanna hear a single word about it from that guy.

kjayp and topfive like this.