1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers tried to acquire Harden this month

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 23, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

For all the trash talking media and fans do, the players who have actually been here (with the exception of Kevin Martin) have spoken very highly of the organization. One thing you hear from almost all of them is that Morey is open with them about what's going on and they know where they stand each step along the way.

Eric Gordon has been in trade rumors, he's had media speculate about him not liking it here, etc. yet he has said he wants to play his entire career here, loves the organization, has high praise for Morey's honesty, etc. Even Chris Paul raved about how much communication there was with management here.

I know there's a thread about him feeling betrayed, but I don't believe that. I bet he feels hurt and stung because he thought he was staying, but I doubt he feels like Morey backstabbed him.

bilaal14, HP3, whiskeyred and 7 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm guessing there's also a little "Am I really that big an a$$hole?" going on as well.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

He could have been the nicest guy in the world and this deal still goes down.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, maybe. But I'm guessing his prickly on-court persona influenced Harden's opinion of his as a teammate.

HP3 likes this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Morey trades Harden then quits

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If there was ever a blacklist for GM's in the NBA, this would be how you get on it. :D

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Y'all laugh but Harden was about to demand a trade with CP3, so Clippers probing makes complete sense.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yet another narrative about Harden and the Rockets pops through. Harden and CP3 were disgruntled toward each other, no wait, they were actually really gruntled, but Harden also wanted WB to come here, but Harden also could have gone to the Clippers with Kawhi, no wait, Daryl Morey treats players like assets and they hate signing here because of it, no Austin Rivers says this is heaven on earth and the best atmosphere he's ever played in... Ok, my head is spinning here.

RichieBanks likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Absolutely true. Heck, any small town rag wouldn’t have let that fly, Sam. :cool:

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Moral of the story... clickbait media LIES!

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The MSM is out to get Harden. Sad!

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Smoking dope.

Clippers must have been out their zonked out minds.

Doc please dont call this number no more.

13. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I imagine the Clippers texting Daryl and then Daryl respond with a GIF.

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sorry Clips but...

[​IMG]

RichieBanks likes this.
  15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

the clips were basically trying to trade for any star players who's got root in the so cal area

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Proof? I don't recall that rumor ever being substantiated.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'll say this - props to the Clippers not being obnoxious a-holes and putting that info on blast everywhere like the ******* Lakers.

If it had been the Lakers inquiring, Ramona would have been on ESPN reporting that sources say James Harden wants out of Houston and is trying to force his way to the Lakers because they are the best basketball team of all time and he grew up worshiping Kobe. Then Broussard would follow it up with reports that sauces say Harden was in LA negotiating a movie deal because he is very interested in creating strong ties with the entertainment industry in Los Angeles....and on and on and on.

Thats why I hate the Lakers - every news story involving the Lakers has like 10 sources that all suggest that Lakers exceptionalism is the reason why everyone wants to play there and 9 times out of 10, it's normally some BS smoke caused by the organization to try to manipulate the media and put unwanted pressure on opposing players and teams who they need help from to make the deal happen in the first place. Even their prized AD acquisition comes with a big question mark because he hasn't resigned with the team yet. They are the ultimate "smoke and mirrors" organization.

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

LMAO why you so mad

Kawhi is a two time NBA Champion, two time finals MVP, best player on the 2 title winning teams. A better player than Harden moreso when it comes to playoffs where lights shine brightest and pressure is most. He has earned the right to do what he wants and call the shots.

There is no shame in admitting that.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hope Morey writes a book when he retires and lets us know all the crap that happened behind-the-scenes. I would seriously take time off from work to go somewhere peaceful and read that book. lol.

topfive, RichieBanks and HP3 like this.