1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

No.
    Let's say I had 3/10 approval for Butler.
    For Westbrook I have -99/10. At least Butler wouldn't cost 2 unprotected first and two pick swaps, and he wouldn't get paid 40+ mil a year.
    And even he, isn't so broken down like Westbrook.

And Butler is still a better fit next to Harden. He is the second worse possible star fit.
    The worst is Westbrook.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ch44 I never question at all. So if he says Harden gave such an ultimatum, yeah, I believe it.

luckyman76, itzIce, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  3. Junebball

Junebball Member

I know I have been told to stfu everytime I question the gospel out of Cyberx, but I continue to doubt everything this guy is spewing on here.

The "Clutch corroborates his stories" narrative is not confirming anything. I give to this guy tho, very calculated

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Agreed. Tilman comes off like an idiot.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't remember that. The only thing I remember of CFers about Westbrook is that he is a stats chasing loser who is dumb, does not make his teammates better, and leads a team to first round exit for consecutive years.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nobody's contract will be worse than CP3's.

Clutch City1993, RyanB and MIAGI99 like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden put us on his back last year on both ends of the floor. Anyone that can’t see that is either ignorant or trolling.

CP3 and Gordon were absolutely dreadful last year. Everyone else was injured. James Harden averaged 36 points a game while quite literally being the best post defender in the NBA, also nearly leading the NBA in steals, deflections and guard blocks.

We absolutely must defend our guy, because no one else will and no one else truly watches the Rockets every single night like we do. That is why I’m excited to have Westbrook. It’s time to give the media some of the Marshawn Lynch treatment it deserves. I hope James Harden does the same and we shove it down their throats like Kobe used to. Completely humiliate and dominate opposing teams, and then take fat dumps on ESPN reporters in every postgame session. Sublime...

joshuaao and RyanB like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not shocked...

- "i know what we need to do"
    - the rumors about Harden and CP3 not getting along
    - the rumors about the Rockets trying to trade CP3
    - Harden and CP3 literally never showed up together since the playoffs elimination

There was just too much smoke...

BeBreezy, joshuaao and amaru like this.
  9. RyanB

RyanB Member

This
    This league is becoming more and more a player's league.
    See George to LA, Butler to Miami...
    Harden is the face of the franchise, he made the decision, otherwise, maybe he would've asked for a trade
    Simple

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for chiming in. Appreciated.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How is this any different than Les?
    Didn't Les push for big name trades when he was the owner.
    Didn't Les refuse to let Morey tank after the Yao/McGrady era, which hamstrung the rebuilding process?

Plus it's not like Tilman called Russ after the PG trade and then maneuvered stuff. It more likely that Harden called Tilman and Morey was was like I want Westbrook, so Tilman gave Morey an ultimatum.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not surprised. What Harden wants, Harden gets for better or worse.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

First round playoff exits, arguing between our two stars, trading Harden because he has value but being stuck with Westbrook and his absurd 47 million dollar salary when his athleticism is gone, and a harder time to rebuild because we've lost our picks.

I haven't been this down on the Outlook of this team in a long time

ronclone and harold bingo like this.
  14. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

westbrook is inefficient based on analytics so it does not shock me that morey did not want to make this trade

15. brosef

brosef Member

This is a guard/scoring league. The more you have in that area the better. See GS. They sure didn’t need another guard. We upgraded. There’s no question about that.

All the sky is falling no chemistry worries are short sighted. Why would these guys push for this deal if they didn’t have intentions of making this work? Even the idea they need “find” a way to make this work isn’t accurate in my opinion.

Two LA kids.

They came into the league together, thought they would always play together if you remember the e60 I think it was on Harden years back.

Went to the finals together.

ESPN is all over this trade so I’ll reference their highlights of these two playing together. Watch Harden, dribbles in to the top of the key, stalls, draws the defenders to him, ally oop Westbrook. These two might be better on the floor together than the cp days as cp wasn’t cutting to the basket for an easy layup or dunk.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

so will Harden's.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, Harden didn't want to spend his last prime years playing with a washed up CP3.

joshuaao and AstrosRockets1818 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not sure how much input they'd give him, considering they're not even certain they want him around.

19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Bye Morey. Thanks for the memories. ❤️

BigShasta and amaru like this.
  20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

After fat Morey failing time and time again...why not right?