1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We also don't need to see him jacking up his mid-range which is the least efficient shot in basketball. The dude should should only be trying to score at the basket. W T F

As to the topic at hand - maybe Morey should have taken the Sixers job.

marks0223, BeBreezy and harold bingo like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I’m not on the fence anymore I hate Tillman and James.....the helll man what’s wrong with you.

ronclone, harold bingo and Williamson like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not sure how meddling Buss was.

Cuban is definitely meddling. The only success he had was getting Dirk. Remember, he let Steve Nash go in his prime. He signed Parsons a huge contract.

IBTL and daywalker02 like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Good. I think the rockets ceiling for next two years have been raised. I’m of the opinion it was worth it until I see something on the basketball that tells me differently.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If WB can miraculously shoot 36% from deep and controls his usage rate, absolutely dandy.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Cool stuff, Cyber.

I'm still digesting the swap. Wow....

The best part is not giving up EGo, who was often our second-best player. Chemistry is still strong. James and WB have on-court familiarity, which helps with less adjustment time.

The worst part of the trade is losing the leader in Chris. Despite his unfair demands of other players, CP3 is one of the best floor leaders in the game. Someone is going to have to step up in leading guys like House and CC. The shouting we've seen from James and WB isn't always effective leadership.

CP3/His brothers are going to take plenty of passive aggressive shots at the Rockets/JH. And, you never know what CP3 will say to dirty the water. He has plenty of pull and credibility in this league.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You did?

jcf and FLASH21 like this.
  8. likestohypeguy

Idc what's real, I choose to believe B.S. knows the difference between the two words, and this was an intentional play.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Well if this goes the way of Tillman’s dining options, we can at least go into rebuilding mode with all those first rounders we have.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You say that but Ben Simmons is a worst shooter than Westbrook because he refuses to even shoot the ball...

I think this can work out if Harden is off the ball more which will happen because Westbrook plays at one level.

The good thing is that Harden has another guy finally that can take over games.

Williamson likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'd kind of see Cuban and Ballmer as these type of owners, and it's worked for them (somewhat, especially with the teams they've re-upped with fast), hell even Les pushed moves... Now if we're talking Dolan, then no, haha, but so far I don't think anyone is on that level.

Easy likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

zksb09, Deckard and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Mad....hope he leaves. He sucks (if this rumor is true).

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Say what you will, that dude is born to defend Harden. For him there is nobody else.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fern t*** Jr. shouldn't be suggesting trades.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

*content

But contempt works as well.

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hopefully Tilman fires Morey next. Harden and Tilman were not ok with #runitback and I’m ok with that.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. BreakYoSelfFool

Tilman: I want players who outplay their contract
    Morey: Well, I'm signing Chris Paul for 40 mil per for 4 years
    Tilman: The guy who just lost us a championship? He seems to have injury concern. That's a lot of money for a guy his age, you'd better be right about this!
    Morey: Statistical analysis of older point guards shows that their production could last to around 38.2 years.

Next season:
    Tilman to anyone who will listen: I knew that Chris Paul deal was gonna be an issue.
    Harden: Can you believe he tries to tell me how to play?
    Tilman: You have some explaining to do Morey!
    Morey: Now's not the time to panic, we still have time to turn this around. We have our pick of free agents, I'll find one that can help us. We can still win with CP3.
    Tilman: You want to bet your job on it?
    Morey: Actually, I might have exaggerated a bit when I said we'll have our pick. And statistical analysis of players with multiple hamstring injuries is not looking so good lately.
    Harden: I know what we need to do!

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Got the better player who is 4 years younger and kept EG,tucker and Clint? Thank u James