1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More likely the reason for the delay...

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I cringe when I read stuff like this. Enforcing immigration law is not immoral. Give me a break already.

Nook likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Breaking into a country and falsely claiming asylum is totally moral...

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

1980 - Reagan conservative welcome illegal immigrants with an open hand. Cheap labor and all.

2019 - Trump conservative separate families of illegal immigrants with an open hand. Shameless and all.

You went through decade of attracting illegal immigrants and not caring about laws because US companies and citizen can benefit from cheap labor. Now that the nation is trending to a minority majority white, and that rural American can't keep up with the global trend toward mega cities, let's blame the immigrant for all their problems. New flash - you can remove every single illegal immigrants in the USA and your problems are still the same. Except maybe you slow down that minority majority white trend a bit.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah cheap labor is a bad thing for the working class you dolt. It creates a labor pool that is non-competitive. People used to retire of janitor salaries and now they can't even afford their groceries without govt assistance. Also blame the parents not the govt for seperating them. The left has completely abandoned the working class in favor of flooding places with pro left demographics. Earn the vote, don't try to change demographics. This is why Dems are obstructing everything and it isn't about anything else. We know what you're doing and you're pretending to have a moral high ground is laughable.

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

Heh... the Meet the Press twitter account offered up the challenge and correction that Chuck Todd failed to do...

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nor are they accused of breaking any law. That's the common lie the right likes to tell. That the people in these centers have broken a law - they haven't. If they had, they would be in the court system - but they are not. They have no rights. No due process.

It's completely extrajudicial. It shows how little understanding they have of the law

9. NewRoxFan

I'm confused, didn't trump first tweet he was going to have ICE raid and then tweet he was postponing it for two weeks? So is the ICE spokewoman saying trump's tweets are "egregious and puts our officers’ safety in danger"???

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, what you want to see is illegal immigrants gone and you think that mean that janitor salaries will go up so much that people can retire from it? Is that the job you want? Who want that job? Do you remember the recent time when Alabama persuade immigrants to leave and the farmers there couldn't find anyone to replace the job they were doing?

You are about 20-30 years in the past. Rural America economic isn't going to change if there is 0 illegal immigrant left. Most of the cheap labor will not be replaced by "working class" middle class. Not only do most of them do not want to do those labor intensive work, companies will want to automate those labor away than to raise their cost. If they can't do that, there is always cheap labor oversea and American companies don't mind moving there to secure those labor force. Like it or not, we are operating in a global market with access to a global labor force and if you are stuck in wanting those low labor job here in the USA, you are moving backward, not forward. That doesn't mean you ignore these people, but the solution for these people isn't in getting rid of all illegal immigrants and to reduce the number of legal immigrants. The solution also certainly isn't the tax package passed by Trump - a reward to the top while hitting some of the middle class hard and putting extreme pressure on government assistance and programs to the poor (in fact, that is a package that will cause more stress on the poor and the middle working class).

I'm not pretending to have a moral high ground. I do not support separating families, even for illegal immigrants. I do not want to see parents deported and their children going into foster cares. If you want to see that, you have lower moral. Wanting to see families together isn't any high moral, it's pretty basic level of moral.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People won't pick because the wages hadn't gone up and the physical nature is a skill. You can't just get rid of this overnight. You can actually give those people visas because it is a skill in need. Not all jobs are like that though. I just heard about an IT repair place that was hiring illegals, so don't tell me it's all strawberry pickers. Also you're economics are backwards, you argue that companies will automate those jobs. So what will those unskilled laborers do? Where will they work or will they be a net drag on actual citizens. They will be a drag, if they aren't already. You're also a globalist and I can't stand that line of thinking. Just because there is globalism taking place, it doesn't mean you get rid of the border and let anyone in. That is ignorance and against the interest of the nation. Also separation is being done for a reason of safety. They can reunite later. Don't come here illegally if you don't want to get separated. Plain and simple.

You are skewing reality to fit your emotions about the issue. But sorry, you're just flat out wrong on this. The fact that you can't see the negatives here, and others here too, says a lot. It says you ignore facts to fit you narrative and that's scary stuff. I don't expect for you to come to and see reality and I don't think people like you can be reasoned with sadly. You're just lot to your emotions.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He botched it bad.

13. NewRoxFan

Can anyone believe anything from trump and his administration anymore? Note, nothing about the stoey about waiting two weeks for congress to act...

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, you can't get skilled worker overnight, but I asked who want that job? You? Who? Who is willing to get trained at picking crops in the extreme heat of the South? When Alabama and Georgia passed their laws that scared both legal and illegal immigrants away, virtually no American was willing to try even though unemployment was very high in those region during that peak of the great recession. American simply do not want those job and isn't wiling to start training for it. Those farmers lost over 100M in those short years. I'm sure they were willing to pay much more, if they can afford it without going out of business and if they can find workers.

You heard illegal work in IT repair? You might be right, but anecdotal evidence is a fallacy.

Globalist and open border? You are jumping to conclusion. Stating what is happening doesn't mean I'm this or that. You may want to learn to listen carefully instead of projecting your ideas of others onto others.

Separation is done for safety if you go after violent criminals, which was the policy of past administrations. And part of they reason the do that is because of limited resources. When you cast a wider net, you are less safe as your limited resources is now focused on all illegals, not just violent criminals.

Yes, some may be able to unite later, but some will not ever as some families will make the dreaded decision to leave their US citizen children back in the interest of their future. This is a poor excuse for separating family and is one that ignore our history (we aren't so innocent and we are responsible for the current situation) of wanting them here in the first place for our own benefits. Just don't do it.

You might not realize it, but you are also projecting your emotions onto me.

#754 Amiga, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol dismiss reality all you want

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How can anyone invalidate your subject matter expertise of "I've seent it! I've seen illegals work IT."

17. NewRoxFan

vp pence gets caught in a trump lie...

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The point is that not all jobs illegals take are picking jobs. You can live in a false narrative where wages never rise and people never want to work jobs illegals take, but it's false. Construction, cleaning, and other manual craftsman jobs are great but Illegals are keeping wages down and hurting the market. There are plenty more jobs they take that are decent paying if the labor pool isn't inflated. Yall just want to dismiss my example, but there are tons more. Get over your ego.

Senator likes this.
  19. Senator

Senator Member

These are the facts. The more illegals that come the more money for the 0.1% the democrats rail against, and a larger gap between the haves and have nots. It's only been the trend for decades now.

Work on fixing the situation for current low wage workers before you bring more to the slaughterhouse

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Tons more" isn't data. It isn't statistical evidence. When discussing population pools, that is what the go by, not anecdotes.